“A modest but comfortable hotel”
Review of Hotel Ratnawali

Hotel Ratnawali
Ranked #65 of 386 Hotels in Jaipur
Pune, India
“A modest but comfortable hotel”
Reviewed February 25, 2010

The rooms are small but cozy. Being close to the main M I Road, the location is good and amenities are limited bu satisfactory. Service is good. A reasonable hotel I would say if you need it for overnight comfortable stay for your sight seeing visit to Jaipur.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed January 3, 2010

Good hospitality. Rooms are big. Worth the money paid for the room. Was surprised (and happy) to see flat screen TV in the room. The restaurant of the hotel is very nice and they don't have concept of lunch, dinner timings. You can order lunch anytime you go and they will prepare and serve the food.

The location of the hotel is also very good. Easi accessible to ATMs, malls, movie screens, restaurants, taxi and bus stands etc
The hotel management was so kind that on my request they made my 2 day booking to 1 day and refunded 100% of 1 day

The only inconvenience was the internet. The connections keeps dropping and the speed can't be trusted. Rooms even get less speed. Lobby is the only area where its descent. But the price of wi-fi was pretty nominal as per other Indian hotel charges

• Liked — room size and the restaurant food
  • Disliked — internet facility
  • Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
New Delhi
Reviewed December 18, 2009

I found this hotel on net but booked it directly as the manager offered me a better price for the special Deluxe Suite than mentioned on the website. He booked the room without advance payment. But after few days I got call from the Hotel that I have to pay advance and the options of payment they mentioned were not very secure from my point of view so I requested them to keep my booking without advance. Although they agree but I had to tell them the same thing at least 4-5 times and every time to a new person who calls me up. Finally when I arrived there, I made some advance payment while checking in. They give me a room which was not the one which was mentioned by the manager on phone. I went downstairs and asked for the room which I requested for. But they refused by saying that we booked only this room for you and all other rooms are full. I asked to meet the person to whom I talked on phone, but they said that He has resigned. And the end I had to manage in the room they offered. The room was spacious and clean. But there was just a small window in the room which made it very suffocating and I had to keep the AC on for all the time to maintain air circulation.
The lift in the Hotel was very irritating as it beeps very loud when its door is kept open for more than a few seconds and it keeps on beeping for a long time. It started beeping early in the morning disturbing my sleep many times. I requested the staff to turn off the beep but they said it can’t be turned off.
They placed some cookies in the room and the person came and shows me that they have kept these cookies here and if I use any, I have to pay for it. I was paying quite high for the hotel room and it’s not expected to charge for Rs. 10 cookies. It would have been better if they would not have provided the same.
They offered complimentary breakfast, which was quite good.
I booked cab from the Hotel for local sightseeing and they arranged it at a reasonable price.

• Liked — Room
  • Disliked — Management of records
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
New Delhi, India
Reviewed April 26, 2009

It ia good hotel for your stay.The rooms were nice and good.
There is no view in some rooms.It is a family run hotel I think.
The rates of rooms are a bit higher than average.It is in a good loction.You can find hotels cheaper than this.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — the price
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
delhi
Reviewed March 19, 2009

This is the best hotel for a budget class tourist. Very good food.. very clean, homely environment, very flexible and cooperative staff..
i visited this hotel last month and found it simply outstanding..
i would recommend it for everyone whose looking for a budget class hotel.
The location of this hotel in the centre of the city is an added advantage..

• Liked — the location & food
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank mitasha
New Delhi
Reviewed January 31, 2009

Hi frnds,
I stayed in this hotel last feb for 2 nights with my family.This is a budget hotel but depite that very clean and the best part is the staff. Staff is very friendly and warm. I stayed here earlier also but this time they have rennovated the hotel. Food is good and the location of this hotel is very good and near to most of the famous places. Overall very good place for a short visit.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed November 17, 2008

This is one of the hotels that might suit the budget of the weekend travellers but is not suitable for family travellers. I visited this hotel in April 08 . During the booking I had requested for a family suit that had two double beds in one large room as we were four people. But to my disappointment, when I checked into the hotel I was given a room that was very small and was nothing like the rooms shown in the picture uploaded at their website. When I demanded for the room that was shown in the picture the staff hesitated but on insisting had to give me the suit I booked . To my shock the bathroom was a total disaster and is installed with not so clean toilet and the bathroom floor. The food served here is good in taste but the quantity is lesser as compared to the rates quoted in the menu.
Another Disadvantage of the hotel is that if you are travelling by your own vehicle there is no secured car parking space. The guests can only park their car at the roadside of the hotel.
Hence, I would recommend this hotel only to those travellers who are single and are visiting Jaipur during weekends.

• Liked — The location of the hotel is nearest to all the tourist destinations in Jaipur.
  • Disliked — The Bathrooms were a total disappointment.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family