“Good business Hotel and good food”

Royal Orchid Central Jaipur
Ranked #103 of 389 Hotels in Jaipur
Reviewed February 12, 2011

This is a good business hotel with good food and clean rooms and basic amneties in the heart of the Jaipur city.
The only problem I would see is that the Hotel is on the main road and at times that can get slightly noisy.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Kaustubh P

Reviewed February 11, 2011

Well I stayed here 4 nights in december and the hotel is fantastic, very good location, the staff are friendly and accomodative, treat you really like a guest, the rooms are spic and span, very nicely done and laid out. Loved staying here.

The biggest area of imporvement is definitely in the restaurant, The waiters seemed pretty new and almost clueless on some of the menu, they struggled to get me some baby food, and on two consequtive days i left the restaurant after waiting 15 minutes for a simple Black Tea during breakfast...

However the buffet is real nice (cos you help yourself) :-)

I would recommend this place for a couple of days for sure...I hope the services in the restaurant get better though .....

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Vinnie_dmb
Reviewed February 1, 2011

We stayed at the Royal for 3 nights over New Years. I was not happy with this hotel. The management is lacking. The service was slow. The towels were so grey and ruff. The power went off 4 times the first night. We paid for one hour of the internet, but with the power going off we only recieved about 35 min. They did not offfer a refund. We had to take part in their New Years Party for 45.00 US each. When we went down we were told we were not on the list! After waiting 20 minutes and speaking to the manager, we were allowed in for a one drink minimiium and to a so so buffet. The music was so loud we left after our one drink.

3  Thank aocmand
Reviewed January 26, 2011

Disclaimer - I stayed here only for 1N and was on a Personal family trip.

The hotel is more of a Business hotel catering to Jaipur visitors. The location is great and it is right near the Railway station and the main business street (MI Road). The booking was done online and the check in was quick

I must appreciate the front desk as I was calling them up pretty frequently when I was on my way (I was driving down from Delhi). They guided me perfectly to the hotel. The rooms were pretty spacious.

The bed quality was super and the bathroom area was very clean. Overall a very nice, comfortable stay. The breakfast was included in our package and the spread was pretty good. The only downside was that the Wi Fi was not working properly, didn't know if Free Wi Fi is included in the package or not

All in all a very good hotel with great service

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KetanMohile
Reviewed January 9, 2011

Stayed here as a treat for 3 nights over Christmas in the middle of a backpacking tour of Rajasthan. It's close to the rail station but otherwise a bit in the middle of nowhere if you're in Jaipur to sightsee around the Pink City. Nothing much around the hotel and it's a good 30 to 45 minute walk along a main road to the edge of the Pink City. However it was very easy to get hold of a tuk tuk outside the hotel and the excellent doormen would hail them down and negotiate a good price. The rooms were very comfortable, spotlessly clean and maintained to a high standard. If you're after comfort this place is perfect but it is a typical business style hotel and not geared up for sightseeing due to it's location.

Reviewed January 1, 2011

We stayed at Royal Orchid Jaipur from 28 to 30 Dec 2010. Location was good - along the same road on which several other such hotels are located. About the hotel:

Pros:
* Rooms are clean and modern
* Food is decent - buffet breakfast was good. A-la carte dinner at Pinxx was also quite good for a typical hotel restaurant. It was raining so we couldn't try out the rooftop restaurant.
* Service was polite and timely - front office staff was friendly and efficient
* Price was quite good - Getting such a good quality room for ~Rs 5k is quite good.

Cons
* This is not a 5-star hotel as they claim it to be on their website. It is a little below 4 stars
* Rooms are good but the lobby and corridors are not attractive or spacious. They are cramped and don't give the feeling of luxury.
* There is some kind of a smell along the corridors.
* Our first room had cigarette smell. When asked, we were told that there is no such thing as smoking or non-smoking rooms. Since all rooms are okay to smoke, you may smell cigarettes when you enter your room. Have them clean it out and spray freshener etc before you go in.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Royal_Orchid_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Orchid Central Jaipur, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2011

Dear Guest
Greetings from Royal Orchid Central – Jaipur
Thank you for sharing your feedback- we greatly appreciate it. We will work on the observations you have shared and will improve our service standards and offerings. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed December 27, 2010

The Royal Orchid is located 5 minutes by rickshaw from the old city and also 5 minutes from the railway station. It is also close to other hotels, so taxis or rickshaws are always easily available. About 10 minutes walk from the hotel is an ATM too, if you need one.

The hotel is clearly up to international standards. Clean, efficient, helpfull staff. My room had all the basic amenities like a TV, coffee machine, a stocked fridge, excellent bathroom (larger than the one at home!).

They have two restaurants. A Chinese restaurant on the roof, which I didn't try. The other restaurant is where breakfast is served. They have an excellent menu of Indian and international dishes. The staff in the restaurant was slightly pushy (I can do without telling the waiter the food is fine every three minutes), but this is not really different from other places in India I noticed.

My room had a very large window, which I liked. However, it was located on the front. I actually like the sound of traffic in the evening, but if you are a light sleaper, you could perhaps ask for a room on the other side of the hotel. It can get a little noisy. This is a big city in India after all :)

I have only one real gripe: the wireless internet was unbelievably bad (and expensive). It basically didn't work at all except for a few minutes now and then and complaining about it didn't make it better. I just gave up after 48 hours. But since I picked the hotel mainly because they say the rooms have wifi, this was a major disappointment. Could just be bad luck of course.

Except for my troubles with the WiFi I greatly enjoyed my stay in the Royal Orchid. Recommended.

• Stayed: December 2010

Dear Guest,
Greetings from Royal Orchid Central – Jaipur.
Thank you for your feedback and recommendation. We are glad to know that you had a great stay with us. Apologies for the inconveniences you faced with regards to the internet connectivity, we assure you that you will not face the same situation again. We look forward to your next visit.