“Good facilities, poor service”

Royal Orchid Central Jaipur
Ranked #95 of 386 Hotels in Jaipur
Reviewed November 17, 2010

The hotel is up to standard as far as the facilities are concerned. However the service standard is pathetic. I had to wait for over 1 hour to get a cup of tea in my room. At the restaurant, we finished our dinner before the waiter filled our glasses of water. It is under staffed and that is clearly showing.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Royal_Orchid_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Orchid Central Jaipur, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2011

Greetings from Royal Orchid Central – Jaipur
We deeply apologize for the inconvenience caused. We have taken measures to ensure that such a situation is not repeated. Do visit us again and we assure you of a great experience.

Reviewed November 14, 2010

Checkin: I chose this hotel because I had been to the one in Bangalore. I had booked the "Visit Historical Jaipur" package online which entailed me to a few things but the hotel staff were not aware of this. I had to argue over it a bit before they agreed to the package. Thus, there was no welcome drink, and the fruit basket arrived 3 days late after repeated reminders.
Lobby: The lobby is quite small but there was not much of a crowd and so I guess it is OK.
Room: The room was clean. The view was to the street outside. There was only one chair which was a bit of a problem when we ordered room service. There was not much information in the room about the facilities in the hotel.
Bathroom: The bathroom was clean but there was no health faucet. The bathroom slippers promised in the website was missing. There was a rain shower and a hand shower. Water was only lukewarm in the mornings and slightly hotter in the evenings.
Breakfast buffet: Most of the usual items were present. Dosa was available on demand but this was not advertised. Parathas were a bit hard.
Lunch Buffet: From what I could see, it was vegetarian fare. Food was decent. About Rs.300/-.
Dinner at Ginseng (roof top restaurant): We had dinner once here. There was a severe shortage of waiters that day and so the service was very poor (we ended up laying our own table). Food was OK.
Swimming Pool: I looked at the swimming pool (at the rooftop) when having dinner. The water looked murky and the bottom was not visible. I am not sure we would have gone inside if we had time.
Gym: The treadmills had attached TVs - nice! I didn't explore further.
Room Service: The service was prompt but each time we had to ask for extra plates.
Staff: The staff were all very cordial.
Check out: The day before I was to check out, I confirmed at the reception that I could take the wine bottles in my room (as per the deal I had). However, the staff at the time of checkout were not aware of this and wanted to charge for the bottles. I had to haggle and also surrender one of the bottles. This was the lowest point of my stay. I subsequently wrote to the corporate office about this but my mail did not elicit even an acknowledgement something I didn't expect from a company in the hospitality business.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 24, 2010

It is up to you whether to choose this hotel to stay or not, but here are our observations:
Pro: Good rooms, Good shower, Good restaurants.
Contra: Even though it seems they try to reach level of tajhotels, however to achieve that level, they need to learn management from tajhotels.
We had few small things that would not happen in tajhotels:
1. Before going to this hotel, we looked on Internet the price – 4300 IRs, however when we arrived to hotel in few hours their duty manager told us that it was 7800 IRs. After I said that Internet says 4300, he replied: “OK, let it be 4300”. Jut as simple as that  .
2. The same duty manager (they had couple more on other shifts) was giving me the highest price for using internet in comparison with other guys on reception for the same duration. He also tried to convince us to pay it in cash.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2010

I love this hotel for their warm welcome and excellent service. They are always ready for any type of help. Buffet breakfast having all types of food and very tasty also. Hotel charges are also very reasonable with the quality they offered.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business

Greetings from Royal Orchid Central – Jaipur
We are glad to know that you had a nice stay. We are happy to get your feedback. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed October 13, 2010

we have 2 young children (2, 4) and even we booked before, it took them 30 minutes to find our reservation... than they put us on a smoking room... than shift us to a nicer non smoking room. the room is nice with a very compurable bed but they put us one shampo, one soap and when we asked for more they say no...
i spoke with the manger and he agreed to send 3 soap but only send one more... than i called again and he send one more...
the next day - same thing and our kids love this little soaps and so it was a bit pain in the... but the hotel has a very cheap and nice resturant and the breakfast was ok but not sutiable for children, like we asked for hot choc and they didn't know what we wanted... only coffe and tea, but after we finished finally they gave the kids their drink... and the next day - same thing...

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family

Dear Guest
Greetings from Royal Orchid Central – Jaipur.
Thank you for your feedback – we regret the inconveniences you faced. We will ensure that the same is not repeated. Look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 7, 2010

this is a nice property but too much into the heart of city so lil difficult to move in traffic ............... staff was extremely helpful and polite .............. breakfast was ok but that is mayb bcos i m a punjabi by nature we dont eat so bland food.................. all in all experience was great and looking forward to visit again

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vivek_bds

Dear Guest
Greetings from Royal Orchid Central – Jaipur.
We are glad to know that you had a comfortable stay. Our central location is surely one of our plus points. Please drop in again !

Reviewed September 30, 2010

I arrived in Jaipur a little worse for wear, half-way through a backpacking trip through India. We had decided to splurge in Jaipur and I'm glad we did.

The service was great, the rooms well appointed and comfortable and the rooftop restaurant, pretty fabulous!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Royal_Orchid_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Orchid Central Jaipur, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2011

Greetings from Royal Orchid Central – Jaipur
Thank you for your feedback -We are glad to know that you had a good experience at our hotel. We hope your backpacking trip was memorable.