“Great value for money”

Royal Orchid Central Jaipur
Ranked #102 of 410 Hotels in Jaipur
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed at this property during July 2012 and this review is long overdue. We had booked three rooms and were travelling with 2 kids. Since it was off season, we got a good rate (Around INR 3,500 for a club room including breakfast).

Location
The hotel has an excellent location which is very close to the main markets and the old city in Jaipur.

Rooms:
There are different room sizes within the same category of rooms. So the first club room that we were alloted was quite small and considering that we were travelling with kids, we spoke to the front desk and they immediately shifted us to a larger club room. The second room had a small bath tub while the first only had a shower cubicle. Please do keep in mind this fact and remember to ask for the larger sized club rooms, especially if you are travelling with kids and need extra space.

Our room (the second room) was a reasonable size (big enough to hold an extra bed), was done up nicely and was very well maintained. However, it is not very big like you would find in some plush resorts in goa for example. but again, there is a world of difference in the pricing as well. The bathroom was compact in size but was clean and well maintained.

One minor irritant is that the hot water temperature in our room was set very low and the water was luke warm, almost cold. This problem recurred for all three days during our stay though when we complained each time, it was set right quickly by the housekeeping team.

Food:
The food at their restaurant on the first level (I forget the name) was quite good. We were three for around 3.5 days but we never got tired of the food. The Italian, Indian and Chinese fare was all prepared very well. I found the meals to be reasonably priced as well.

Service:
The service at this hotel is very good in all the areas - room service, restaurants, house keeping and the front desk. Whatever we asked for, was delivered promptly to our room. We never had to wait for too long for food ordered in the room. During our stay, one of our family members fell ill and they were quick to get medicines from a medical shop some distance away.

Overall recommendation:
Despite one or two minor irritants, I would still rate this hotel very highly (primarily as a value for money hotel) and would recommend it to people going to Jaipur. If I am going at a mid-price range hotel in Jaipur, I would definately look at staying at this property again. However, I would recommend avoiding travel to Jaipur in July since we found the climate very very hot (and being Indians, we are used to heat). The best time to visit Jaipur would be November - January

Room Tip: Ask for the bigger club rooms with a bath tub
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kiraath_desai

Reviewed December 23, 2012

We stayed two nights at this hotel on our Golden Triangle Tour and i have to say it was the best hotel from the three we stayed in, From the moment we entered this hotel we were made extremly welcome,nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff,the rooms are extremlly luxiorios and very comfortable ,we tried both restaurants and found both excellent,,i would reccomend this hotel .

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lucywales55
Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights, got there really early due to train schedule and we got to our room before 10 am. Friendly staff always treated us well.

We had dinner there 1 night at pinxx, good food, and prompt service.

Anyone looking to go to Jaipur soon, this is a good hotel stay at.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Cyngtz
Reviewed December 17, 2012

The hotel had clean rooms and beds with good standard. The breakfast and the dinner buffet had a good variation of well tasting food. Location is not far from the city palace. I can recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jorgen036
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Whenever I get to stay at Hotel Royal Orchid Central Jaipur, I feel at ease as the staff is very hospitable right from bookings to check in & check out. As due to my business travelling, most of the time I reach at late nights or early mornings, I find Front office staff waiting for me at 2 am or 5 am with a smile. House keeping staff esp Mr. Jai Singh & all others are very helpful. At the breakfast I see familiar faces of staff who greet me & take care of my meals as they are aware of my preferences especially Mr. Tomendra. In the room beds are cozy giving nice sleep. Only main area of improvement is that hotel needs to install Jets in toilets at all floors as it is at present only in 6th floor rooms.

Lastly, food here is very tasty especially Non veg. But due to odd hours of travelling I miss it many times.

Room Tip: If you are an Indian and want to use flush in toilets with Jets, take a room in the 6th floor. Other...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 13, 2012

This is a strange hotel. Everyone is friendly and service minded except the personnel on the front desk, or reception. They all seem to have dour expressions, and seem lost in their own world. Also, they are most unhelpful. I was refused change for 1000, just needed hundreds. Had to create a scene to get the change. They also refused to give me 2 key cards citing "security" reasons. It’s almost as if they have been trained to say No to any of your requests.

The rooms are decent but not very comfortable. The mattress is very soft and not flat. You keep rolling off the bed towards the side. The hot water in the shower was lukewarm at best.
The food was horrible. Took a sip of their soup, and a bite of their sandwich; could go not further.

The service was quick, and efficient and friendly service staff. Rooms are well maintained.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Myself and two friends spent three nights at Royal Orchid During our tour of the area. The rooms are well furnished, spacious and have everything that was promised. The breakfast buffet has a nice variety with variations day to day. The thing that made our stay there so great was definitely the service. Throughout our stay we were helped timeously by the service staff. I even forgot my hair iron and they organised for it to be couriered to my hotel in Mumbai, which I felt went beyond what was required of them. The area of the hotel is not too far from the main attractions in Jaipur. I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to anyone looking for a hotel in Jaipur.

Room Tip: Make sure you give them your arrival time in Jaipur so that they can have your room ready and waitin...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends