We stayed at this property during July 2012 and this review is long overdue. We had booked three rooms and were travelling with 2 kids. Since it was off season, we got a good rate (Around INR 3,500 for a club room including breakfast).
The hotel has an excellent location which is very close to the main markets and the old city in Jaipur.
There are different room sizes within the same category of rooms. So the first club room that we were alloted was quite small and considering that we were travelling with kids, we spoke to the front desk and they immediately shifted us to a larger club room. The second room had a small bath tub while the first only had a shower cubicle. Please do keep in mind this fact and remember to ask for the larger sized club rooms, especially if you are travelling with kids and need extra space.
Our room (the second room) was a reasonable size (big enough to hold an extra bed), was done up nicely and was very well maintained. However, it is not very big like you would find in some plush resorts in goa for example. but again, there is a world of difference in the pricing as well. The bathroom was compact in size but was clean and well maintained.
One minor irritant is that the hot water temperature in our room was set very low and the water was luke warm, almost cold. This problem recurred for all three days during our stay though when we complained each time, it was set right quickly by the housekeeping team.
The food at their restaurant on the first level (I forget the name) was quite good. We were three for around 3.5 days but we never got tired of the food. The Italian, Indian and Chinese fare was all prepared very well. I found the meals to be reasonably priced as well.
The service at this hotel is very good in all the areas - room service, restaurants, house keeping and the front desk. Whatever we asked for, was delivered promptly to our room. We never had to wait for too long for food ordered in the room. During our stay, one of our family members fell ill and they were quick to get medicines from a medical shop some distance away.
Despite one or two minor irritants, I would still rate this hotel very highly (primarily as a value for money hotel) and would recommend it to people going to Jaipur. If I am going at a mid-price range hotel in Jaipur, I would definately look at staying at this property again. However, I would recommend avoiding travel to Jaipur in July since we found the climate very very hot (and being Indians, we are used to heat). The best time to visit Jaipur would be November - January
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Orchid combines world-class comforts with proximity to the city's business centres. The hotel is equipped with 70 state-of-the-art deluxe and club rooms that feature a host of amenities to make your stay pleasant and convenient- swimming pool, gym, travel desk, 24/7 Wi-fi connectivity, DVD/LCD TVs, tea/coffee makers, hair dryers, electronic safes and mini bars. What's more, when you want to pep yourself up, just walk into Pinxx, the 24-hour coffee shop to relax and indulge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Royal Orchid Central Jaipur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Orchid Central Jaipur Hotel Jaipur
- Royal Orchid Central Hotel Jaipur
- Jaipur Royal Orchid Central