“Warm and welcoming introduction to Rajasthan!”

and 1 more site!
The Generals Retreat
Ranked #54 of 502 Jaipur B&B and Inns
Buntingford, England, United Kingdom
“Warm and welcoming introduction to Rajasthan!”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

After a gruelling 6 hour journey from Delhi to Jaipur, the General's Retreat certainly lived up to it's name!
I stayed three nights, and the General's was a relaxed and comfortable beginning to my stay in India during my gap year. Everyone was exceptionally friendly and made me feel completely at ease despite everything being very new and different. I was given fantastic recommendations for sight-seeing in Jaipur, and met some interesting fellow travellers. I didn't have to lift a finger in arranging any future travel plans; the staff sorted everything out for me. The food was delicious, and of a standard much higher than one might expect from a small guest house.
I just run out of superlatives to describe my stay at the General's Retreat, and I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
delhi
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I doubt this place is very well known. It is a small old banglow or haveli. Very well kept clean and in the heart of the city. Food is very good and very well served. Quality of food is excellent almost like home made. I would suggest take the corner room with 2 sides open and it is large with lot of natural lights coming in.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
USA
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I felt more at home than I have over the course of several months so far in India. Friendly, peaceful and nearby all the action of jaipur.
I stayed here for a night and felt instantly (within in the first 5 minutes) that i wish I had booked a month... a cozy english-indian fuzion of hospitality.
the food is great and the staff's recommendations for things to do are worth following.
enjoy your stay!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Had a very comfortable stay in Generals Retreat. Very clean and bright rooms.This place has beautiful garden and terrac.Staff were professional and friendly.Excellent food .The owners are always available to give guidence for sightseeing,shopping etc.
Excellent place to stay for your holidays.Would recommend to my friends.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 23, 2012

This hotel is a Jaipur must! As with the first time I stayed here the rooms were clean, tidy and well maintained. More importantly there is a real homely feel to it and yet you can go and do your own thing without being disturbed. The food was as delicious as I remember it, a real authentic taste. I am surprised at the comments by IowaCityGlobeTrotter as other guests I have spokent to both this time and last time have had upmost praise for the hotel. When in Jaipur there is only once place I would want to stay at and that is the Generals Retreat.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
New Delhi, India
Reviewed July 23, 2012

The General's Retreat is a calm and beautiful oasis, set amongst a manicured lawn and pretty garden area.Spacious and comfortable rooms in a villa.Every room has a unique look and there's a nice garden in front of the house. The stuff is super friendly and attentive.They greet you with good food and warm welcome.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We did the Golden Triangle tourist route and booked it with a travel agent. We told our travel agent to book "three to four star hotels" not a "one to two star b and b" which is what we got. We got two rooms, and when we went into one the heater was broken-and it is cold in Jaipur. So we simply told the man at the desk to please put a heater in the room by the time we get back from dinner. Well we come back to find the bell boys and three random kids in the room laughing and talking-not professional at all. Well it took them two hours to tell us that there was something wrong with the outlet. And nobody wanted to sleep in a cold room-so all four of us (me my husband a 13 y.o. and a 10 y.o.) slept in the other room that had one queen sized bed. My 10 yo got up in the middle of the night and said she had to go to the bathroom. Well we ran out of toliet paper, so we called the front desk. Nobody picked up-I mean seriously someone should be at the desk at night. The next morning we went to the breakfast which was a joke-the omlet took the "chef" an hour to make. We were glad to check out the following day. Not a pleasant stay at all.

Room Tip: Here is a tip: Don't stay here