“Most cleanliest hotel in India!”

Sunder Palace Guest House
Ranked #14 of 383 Hotels in Jaipur
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stayed at the Sunder Palace for 4 days after switching from another hotel. By far this is the cleanliest hotel you would find in India...unless you check into Shangri-La. I am VERY particular about cleanliness of the washrooms and I felt satisfied with their toilets. I felt very safe and the owner is SUPER nice. Food was great. Beautiful roof top garden...quaint and peaceful, you will feel at home. Besides this place was cheaper than the previous hotel I had stayed.

I will definitely return to Sunder Place when ever I visit Jaipur...it's my home in Jaipur!

Room Tip: If you are physically challenged, ask for a room in the lower floor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ashley s
There are newer reviews for Sunder Palace Guest House

Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Everything is perfect in Sunder palace! You don't have to ask for anything because everything has already been arranged for or taken care of by the staff! They are so helpful, nice and professional!

Thee roof top restaurant is so amazing and even when it was raining there was an other beautiful "in door garden"/ terrace where we could enjoy the delicious food the kitchen made for us! The atmosphere in the hotel is so nice, and the decorations in all the rooms and halls of the hotel gives you a hard time deciding where to stay for drinking your chai!

Thank you so much for making our stay in Jaipur the best stay in India this far! ;)

1  Thank Premieku
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I've been traveling in India for the last 3 months. And I've stayed in alot of places. The sunder palace is by far the best place I've stayed. The staff are the friendliest by far particularly the guys up in the restaurant they were so nice. I ate there the whole time I stayed as the food was fantastic. I would defiantly recommend this hotel if your in Jaipur. It's a great place :)

1  Thank Michael N
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed.
The first day of my trip in India is not smooth, but staying in this hotel making me "add many marks to India"

Environment: They have a very atmospheric roof top restaurant, with comfortable sofa, very nice tables and chairs, beautiful lights at night. There are many pictures on wall, on ceiling of the fan, for decoration. Colours of those paintings are new and fresh.
On the floor below the restaurant they have a big area with sofa providing chess or chinese checkers.
On the ground floor they have a small garden behind the front desk
Room and bed are clean, big. Bathroom is clean too.
I can always see the staff sweeping the floor in the hostel
Everything there shows that the hostel has put a great effort on it

Restaurant: Staff there is sincere, with smile and polite, willing to serve us. I arrived there quite late on the first day, around 21:xx and the restaurant closed at 22:00. One staff there originally didnt wear anything on top, but when he saw me, he quickly put on tee and served me sincerely, this gave me very good impression. They provide food quickly, with good taste, I recommend the curry "Navratan Korma"

Facilities: They have a hair dryer for lending, it is so convenient for girls having long hairs
Wifi needs to pay, Rs100 for 24 hours or Rs25 for an hour(for one device only), They have good wifi networks, you can receive wifi in room(I stayed on the first floor) and restuarant.
Tuk Tuk Pick-up service from station: Free, so good
They say they have hot water for showering, but it is not hot, just warm. Although warm water is enough for hot India, hot water is preferable for me

Service: The staff in front desk is helpful, provide good and clear instruction.

Location: Jaipur railway station is within walking station, there are tuk tuk driver waiting outside the hostel

Price: Rs 1150 with Ac

After all, highly recommended!
I didnt write any reviews before, but this hostel making me want to recommend it to all of you

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with five other friends and we all fitted comfortably in one room. Rooms are decorated nicely and because we came during the summer we ended up using the ac. The rooftop restaurant served delicious food and snacks (I'd recommend masala papad). The staff were very helpful. I had an eye infection and a member of staff swiftly told me where to go to see a good doctor. Also WiFi is fast but you do have to pay for it. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

1  Thank hmgray1994
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Whenever i come 2 jaipur I always stay in this hotel, Behaviour of staffs and specially owner of this hotel is very good and supportive and the location is also good. All the facilities provided by the hotel is really great, Everything is proper & well maintained, Really i impressed with this hotel, lovely rooms, and rooftop restaurant serves very tastey food at a affordable price

HIGHLY RECOMENDED THIS PLACE

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank BS2013_13
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Sunder Palace was my favorite stop in all of Northern India. A clean, well-run hotel with great service and a fantastic roof top restaurant! Large comfortable rooms that have a real zen feel to them. My waiter "Karin" helped me with my dinner selections, and was very friendly and comfortable to talk with. Tuk-tuk driver "Juber Kahn" was outstanding -- be sure to ask for him! Juber was a great driver (probably the only one in Jaipur) and took me to the best spots for sightseeing, jewelry buying, and textiles. He's fair and trustworthy! Overall, a wonderful spot in Jaipur to spend a few days exploring.

Room Tip: 2nd floor has a nice reading room at the end of the hall
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo