“A nice place to stay”

Ranked #20 of 382 Hotels in Jaipur
Poole, United Kingdom
“A nice place to stay”
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

We had two nights here. The room was comfortable and reasonably spacious. The food was good we asked for more spicy and got our own dish which was spot on. The pool was just what we needed clean and warm enough to swim in .
Towels provided.

I would stay again of in the town.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Korean first
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 2, 2014

My wife stayed here for a few days on our honeymoon trip through India and were very pleased in most areas. The hotel very kindly upgraded our room to a suite in fact, as it was our honeymoon, which is a kind gesture.

All the rooms we saw are clean and well decorated, and a heater was provided as it was still chilly at night. We slept well on a comfy beds. Bathroom was clean with a good strong shower.

There is a nice pool area but it's quite small and we were not ever able to get a lounger by the pool by the time we returned from town.

The restaurant is nicely laid out, if a little small, but we both found the food very disappointing and chose to eat out most of the time. I have actually stayed in this hotel in 2007 and I am sure the food was better back then.

Staff are very helpful and friendly and the location is good: Whilst not central it's cheap to hire a tuc-tuc into town, so you can easily escape the madness of maintown Jaipur.

Good hotel, I'd stay here again but food could do with improvement.

Room Tip: There are a couple of newly renovated larger rooms, these are very nice indeed.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Munich, Germany
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Stayed here in December for 2 nights and had a ground floor suite consisting of two ensuite bedrooms facing the small swimming pool. First thing in the morning we could hear members of staff talking and doing their ablutions in a room which must have adjoined our air con unit. It was like they were in the room with us! Found the rooms a little cold at night time. We were provided with a small electric fire but this exploded on our first night! The evening buffet which consisted of all India food was very good. The waiter brought us small dishes of extra spicy food as we had said we liked spice! Get to the buffet early though as they do not replenish the tureens. All staff very friendly and helpful. We tried to walk outside the hotel one evening but quickly returned as the surrounding area made us feel uncomfortable. Overall, I think this must be one of the nicest boutique hotels in Jaipur.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Dera Rawatsar over 4 nights, in between visiting other cities. Rooms were tastefully decorated, clean and quiet. Staff very friendly, helpful and happy to help with local information. Nice pool and gardens to relax in. Great place to stay. We would definitely stay again if back in Jaipur

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I recently had the pleasure of staying at this hotel with my daughter and her fiance. It is a very quiet hotel. We had a very warm welcome. The hosts and staff were very friendly. The hosts were interested in where we had come from - Glasgow- and engaged us in conversation at various points during our stay.The waiter at breakfast was so attentive. He would have served us tea, coffee eggs and toast all day with a smile!Our rooms were beautiful, with traditional furniture. I had a balcony overlooking the courtyard. The hotel is spotless. My daughter and her fiance stayed in a room next to the beautiful library for guests which is a perfect place to rest. Our guide told us that the manager's mother was a celebrated Indian writer. Had we stayed longer I would have liked to ask more about that. The staff arranged for a tuc tuc to take us into town and ensured that we paid the correct price. On return to Glasgow I found that I had left a shawl which was a present from my daughter as a memento from Jaipur in India. I thought that is must have been at this hotel. I have just contacted the hotel and they replied straight away, then sent a photo of a to make sure it was the correct shawl and are going to post to me. That is a caring service! I note that other reviews have mentioned the cold. We stayed in mid winter. At the time we stayed a town not far away was minus 10 and at one point Delhi was minus 2. The manager advised us on arrival to run shower for a while in the morning. We did this and had lovely hot showers. Our tour company Audley had advised about the weather so I did take pyjamas. I would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We had a room on the second floor with a nice balcony. The room was charming and it was nice to stay in a quiet location away from the noisiest streets. However, we were there in December and the room temperatures weren't ideal; granted we were provided with one floor heater.

The food was pretty good. Not amazing but decent.

The staff was very kind and helpful and I would definitely stay here again. Just bring warm pajamas if you're staying there in the winter.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Alice Springs, Northern Territory, Australia
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

After facing the hustle and bustle of Delhi and Agra, 2 nights stay at Dera Rawatsar was like a mini relief! On a surprisingly 'quiet' street, set back from a busy main road. Huge room and bathroom, with a kettle, tea, coffee, and bar fridge. Very nice garden and surrounds, including a pool for summer months. I had a great private balcony for some R&R in the evenings.

Very friendly and helpful staff, and lovely buffet breakfast!

Have given 5 stars because I think the place is excellent value for money. Although it was just out of my budget, that little bit extra I paid got me so much!

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo