“Charming guest house in a quiet area ” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dera Rawatsar

Dera Rawatsar
Ranked #19 of 376 Hotels in Jaipur
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Charming guest house in a quiet area ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights and really enjoyed it. It's located in a relatively quiet district of Jaipur in a back street so a lot of the hustle and bustle is blocked out.
There is a little pool with 4 loungers which is very pleasant and if you ask the staff they will bring you a beer.
We only ate breakfast in the hotel not dinner. The buffet was ok, nothing special but the service was very attentive.
The room was large and clean with huge bed and double sink in the bathroom.
Wifi is available in common areas i.e. pool, seating area but not the rooms.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

From the moment we checked in our stay here was fantastic. We had a large amazing room with 2 queen 4 poster beds which far exceeded our expectations. (Room 302) The hotel overall was so lovely. We didn't get to use the pool though it looked very enticing. Breakfast was good and the dinner buffet looked good also although we ate room service in our lovely room. The staff were really helpful and fast. The hotel location seemed good thou we had drivers and didn't venture out as we were very tired after huge days exploring the forts and city sights. There were many autos going past in the small roadway out front so I think getting around would be quite easy.

Room Tip: I think we were fortunate to have been upgraded to room 302, if you are feeling lucky ask if its ava...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stayed in dera rawatsar few months ago and was very impressed by the décor of this charming hotel...superb hospitality and clean rooms and bathrooms.
The food was delicious and the staff very courteous. I would definitely stay here again. What I liked best was that I didn't pay through my nose for such excellent facilities.:)

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor are very spacious.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Abergavenny, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stayed here a while ago but unfortunately I only just got around to writing my review. At the time, there was some miscommunication between myself and my agent, I was meant to be staying in the Taj but this was booked instead as my agent thought I'd appreciate it.

From the second I arrived I was made to feel at home. The staff were all wonderful. The food here is amazing, they were nice enough to accommodate my order which wasn't listed on the menu :) Rooms are massive, bathroom was average. In the highest of summer, coming from the UK, I found the A/C (which is kind of a giant fan) a little insufficient. Generally I think the main thing I take away from this hotel is that it felt homely- if you walk a few hundred yards down the road you're in the middle of a busy Jaipur street, but here, you're in a tranquil environment with several different areas to just sit and reflect.

I took a short, 30 min or so walk away from the hotel and it seemed like a good area of getting some souvenirs (or carpets etc..), felt perfectly safe, and reasonably located for your driver/transport to take you to the tourist sites.

Overall, I couldn't be happier that I ended up staying in this hotel! Thanks, I hope I can return one day.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Bonn, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

I made some trips to different cities in Rajasthan, but this guest house is my favourite choice. The surrounding area is quiet and posh. The room was lovely and divided into two parts (living room and bed room) plus a huge excellent and very clean bathroom. The beds were comfortable, AC worked well, lovely decoration and safe. We spent one evening in the guest lounge, a lovely decorated living room with Maharaja theme. The pool is huge and gives space for relaxing. The staff is very welcoming and the female boss tries to make the best out of your trip e.g. late check-out for refreshing after sightseeing. Just the breakfast is a little poor for Western taste. They have toast and jam, eggs, omelette and pancakes. Cornflakes and fresh fruits could not be recommended. We took a private driver "Sameer" for one day, who was excellent. He owns an old ambassador car with AC and drives you around regarding your wishes, no shopping and a very reliable young man! I would recommend to book him for vising the forts. Thanks again for this awesome weekend getaway!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pia-Malou
Cedar Rapids
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

I'm sure I could tell you all about the hotel, but the thing that stick in my mind is my daughters' impression of the washroom. They loved how big it was (as opposed to standard hotel), with a comfortable set-up, nice bath, and separate shower. Our room was on a budget, so this wasn't the super deluxe room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank fredochs
New Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

So Jaipur is a bustling, chaotic Indian city and most Westerners would appreciate a occasional refuge from the intense sensory impressions encountered while there. And this place offers a chance to retreat and take it all in. The hotel is located a short walk from a major bus terminal and city centre, but is remarkably quiet considering where it is. It's a fairly small Haveli-building and retains that charm. It retains the distinct Indian "take" on accommodations and hospitality, which is wonderful. The evening buffet dinner is great and held in the courtyard. You could opt for a Western-style hotel chain, but it would be a shame to miss out on the more local options.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo