Dera Rawatsar
$236
$399
$391
  • Pool
All reviewsbus stationfamily run hotelsmall hotelsmall pooloasis of calmsitting roomhectic cityquiet streetroom was largefamily homeplenty of hot waterbuffet styleboutique hotelold citylovely poollovely hotelnice breakfast
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stayed here a while ago but unfortunately I only just got around to writing my review. At the time, there was some miscommunication between myself and my agent, I was meant to be staying in the Taj but this was booked instead as my agent thought I'd appreciate it.

From the second I arrived I was made to feel at home. The staff were all wonderful. The food here is amazing, they were nice enough to accommodate my order which wasn't listed on the menu :) Rooms are massive, bathroom was average. In the highest of summer, coming from the UK, I found the A/C (which is kind of a giant fan) a little insufficient. Generally I think the main thing I take away from this hotel is that it felt homely- if you walk a few hundred yards down the road you're in the middle of a busy Jaipur street, but here, you're in a tranquil environment with several different areas to just sit and reflect.

I took a short, 30 min or so walk away from the hotel and it seemed like a good area of getting some souvenirs (or carpets etc..), felt perfectly safe, and reasonably located for your driver/transport to take you to the tourist sites.

Overall, I couldn't be happier that I ended up staying in this hotel! Thanks, I hope I can return one day.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I made some trips to different cities in Rajasthan, but this guest house is my favourite choice. The surrounding area is quiet and posh. The room was lovely and divided into two parts (living room and bed room) plus a huge excellent and very clean bathroom. The beds were comfortable, AC worked well, lovely decoration and safe. We spent one evening in the guest lounge, a lovely decorated living room with Maharaja theme. The pool is huge and gives space for relaxing. The staff is very welcoming and the female boss tries to make the best out of your trip e.g. late check-out for refreshing after sightseeing. Just the breakfast is a little poor for Western taste. They have toast and jam, eggs, omelette and pancakes. Cornflakes and fresh fruits could not be recommended. We took a private driver "Sameer" for one day, who was excellent. He owns an old ambassador car with AC and drives you around regarding your wishes, no shopping and a very reliable young man! I would recommend to book him for vising the forts. Thanks again for this awesome weekend getaway!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pia-Malou
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I'm sure I could tell you all about the hotel, but the thing that stick in my mind is my daughters' impression of the washroom. They loved how big it was (as opposed to standard hotel), with a comfortable set-up, nice bath, and separate shower. Our room was on a budget, so this wasn't the super deluxe room.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank fredochs
Reviewed August 9, 2013

So Jaipur is a bustling, chaotic Indian city and most Westerners would appreciate a occasional refuge from the intense sensory impressions encountered while there. And this place offers a chance to retreat and take it all in. The hotel is located a short walk from a major bus terminal and city centre, but is remarkably quiet considering where it is. It's a fairly small Haveli-building and retains that charm. It retains the distinct Indian "take" on accommodations and hospitality, which is wonderful. The evening buffet dinner is great and held in the courtyard. You could opt for a Western-style hotel chain, but it would be a shame to miss out on the more local options.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Spent 4 nights and enjoyed our stay, travelling with my two daughters in a chaotic but interesting Jaipur wore us out but loved having a haven like this to come home to at night was a deligt, very comfortable and organised with lovely helpful staff and management.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family