“Amazing services by RPC Holidays”
Review of Umaid Mahal

Umaid Mahal
Ranked #25 of 381 Hotels in Jaipur
Chandigarh, Chandigarh, India
“Amazing services by RPC Holidays”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

one of the best and the most memorable trip organised by royale premium club i.e RPC Holidays. Hassle free bookings amazing services the whole trip was planned very well. Proud to be a member of this club. The staff is very cooperative and just one cal and complete solution to your holiday needs..!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Aditya V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Greek first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed September 19, 2012

One of the best hotels at this rate! spacious rooms, awesome interiors and food.... Really helpful staff...

Although the room windows opened to the nextdoor building but still there was a feel good factor.

we travelled in winters so never got a chance to use the A/C but the rooms were equipped with fan heaters in room.

Good accessibility from the pink city , railway station and bus starion

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I enjoyed my stay here. The condition of the hotel is well maintained for an old hotel. Vintage door knobs, windows, interior, etc. Water heaters were working well. The amount of craftsmanship put into beautifying this place should be applauded. There’s always something interesting to stare at. The rooftop restaurant is a plus point, great for hanging out at night.

I wont give it a good rating for cleanliness, as the floors were dusty and the pillows were horrible. Also note that you will need to bring along a power adaptor if you need to charge your devices. Food is not that great for me. Better off eating outside.

Overall, this hotel is ok. Great for the adventurous and want something different than boring international hotels that look the same everyelse in the world.

Room Tip: Lets see, probably ask the hotel staff to wipe clean the floors and give new pillows?
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I stayed for 2 nights in this hotel during my trip to Delhi-Jaipur-Pushkar-Agra. I booked the Royal Deluxe room through their website. I got sizeable discount on the rates due to low season, so it really gave me a very good value. In overall, I am happy staying in this hotel, but there are some rooms for improvements to make this hotel even better.

The hotel is impressive and beautifully decorated both inisde and outside. The detail work of the decoration was quite amazing and the most important thing it’s still well preserved. They do a very good job in maintaining the hotel condition.

Bedroom
The Royal Deluxe room I stayed (Room 301) is spacious and nicely decorated. It has a balcony and facing the main street in front of hotel. I was a bit put off because the balcony covered by permanent wooden panel (you still can see outside through the carvings), so there is no open air feeling. I learnt the rooms that facing side of the hotel have open balcony, like what a real balcony should be. But to be fair, I didn’t ask to change the room, as it was not too big deal. As it was facing the main street, I can hear the sound of traffic from my room, but not really loud especially during the night. But if you are a light sleeper, I suggest you choose rooms that facing side of the hotel.

The room was very clean, with ceiling fan and air conditioner. Yes, the AC was noisy at that time, because it was set at the maximum, but when I set them a bit lower, the noise was significantly reduced. There is a study desk, TV with decent international channels, mini bar, safe deposit box, and cupboard to store your luggage. Mattress, pillows and sheet were clean and comfortable.

I found trouble with the safe as it was closed when I checked-in the room (probably by previous guest), so I can’t use the safe. The hotel staff came to help, but they failed, as it required password from previous user to open it. I knew there should be a master key or something to solve this problem, but it was very late night at that time, I was so tired I didn’t bother to call the manager. I then put all my valuables on my luggages with extra padlocks when I left my room during my stay.

Location
The location was rather in residential area. I can’t say too much about the location, but it was quite far from the old city of Jaipur, probably 20-30 minutes drive depending on traffic. Traffic could be bad, so leave early.

Bathroom
The bathroom was very clean and the shower was wonderful. Water taps, toilet and temperature switch worked very well. They also provided hair dryer and clean towels. One more thing, to activate the hot water and the electricity inside the room, you must turn on both switches located next to your door outside. LOL... Nothing bad about it, but still made me a bit lost for a moment.

Staff
A mixed feelings, but in overall they were friendly, honest, polite and helpful, especially the bell boys and restaurant staff. They always greet you with smile. Some of them spoke English well, but some were just go for basic.

Once in the morning, I was asking about their exchange rate for US$, the front desk staff said it wasn’t available because it was raining so they can not go the bank to get the current rate. Well, how about make some phone calls? LOL...

Dining
Breakfast was included in the rate. Surprisingly, it has some variations and quite tasty. They have toast, cereals, juice, fruits, and Indian dishes. They can also cook your choice of eggs. The restaurant was located on the ground floor and it was nicely decorated in maharajahs style.
I didn’t try their rooftop restaurant, but I had a look on it in the morning before check-out. I think it would be lovely to have dinner there.

Other facility
The small swimming pool is located outside the restaurant on the ground floor. I didn’t swimming there during my stay, but looks nice and also full of decoration.

Conclusion
I can say that this hotel has a very good value for the price. If you an easy-to-be-pleased type of traveler, this hotel has everything you need for comfortable stay in Jaipur. I admit there were small hiccups during my stay, but I put it as part of the experience. None of them really troubled me, though. Will I come back? Most likely I will. Recommended!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank andy_zu
Mumbai
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I happened to check this hotel out from the Internet and really was not disappointed with the selection. Good Food. Comfortable and clean room, Quiet and peaceful ambience, Rich look and pretty decent staff. Cordial and convenient disposition. Apart from this, the food is good. Rooms nicely decorated, Pool is very clean, nothing is amiss here. The location may not be too scenic or beautiful but once inside you are well satisfied and happy. Good value add for you money. recommended.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Barnala
Reviewed September 8, 2012

It is another Heritage hotel from the family of Rathores- an old ancestral Rajputs of Rajasthan. The outlook of the hotel is charming. The rooms are fine in decor, with Rajputana interiors. The rooms are most comfortable. Washrooms are clean with separate shower areas. All rooms are aircondioned and occupied with safe and mini bars. Sorry no tea/coffee makers in any room. You can order room service for tea at a hefty rate.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank goyalwc
Patiala, India
Reviewed September 7, 2012

The stay was pretty comfortable. The hotel staff was cordial. The food was O.K. but the restaurant ambience was nice.Morning breakfast was well prepared with good no. of options on the platter.
Dint get a chance to plunge into the pool and to dine at the roof top restaurant, would love to try out on my next visit.
all in all a great n pleasant experience.

Room Tip: go for royal deluxe rooms as they're more spacious
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends