“The best of all worlds!”
Review of Atithi Guest House

Atithi Guest House
Ranked #53 of 386 Hotels in Jaipur
Toronto, Canada
“The best of all worlds!”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I stayed here on and off for a few weeks. It's location is convenient (central and near bus station) and the rooms are not only clean but updated and very comfortable. The food is delicious as well and if you arrive no matter what the hour the staff are so great they will wake up and feed you! Many guesthouses in Jaipur and India in general, will make deals with rickshaws and travel companies who end up harassing you at the door. These people will taint their own cities safety in your mind just to get a few bucks of business off of you. The owners of this place are unique in that they do not subscribe to these business practices. They are honest and straight and do not have any affiliations. This makes entering, leaving, and travelling from this guesthouse such a pleasure. When I arrived in Jaipur I had not arranged accommodation ahead of time and was looking for a place by telephone at midnight. The concierge Gajendra woke up and invited me warmly to come and check the rooms. When I arrived he was so helpful, having woken up from sleep, he still insisted on carrying my luggage and having a meal brought to me. The following days he continued to be a great resource for the best places to eat, the best way to navigate the bus and train system, and even helped me to fix my camera when it broke by finding me a cannon rep in the city who would be able to honour my warranty. Just pure service and honesty.

I began to trust this hotel so much that I did some overnight trips to nearby cities with a small backpack while leaving the rest of my luggage at at Atithi. It became my second home in India.
Internet access is reliable and they even have computers for your use.
I plan to visit India again in the years ahead, and I will definitely be spending time at Atithi! I hope Gajendra is still there to greet me when I arrive!

Room Tip: I like air con rooms on the upper levels. closer to the rooftop patio for sipping your chai.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Korean first
Shanghai
Reviewed November 23, 2013

The location is central in between 2 big busy roads. Walkable to the Raj theater (Christine says: "you must watch a Bollywood movie while in India, preferably at the Raj!") Pleasant but curt staff. Tiniest rolls of toilet paper we've ever seen. Room was spotless. TV didn't work. Bathroom was adequate for the price, moderately clean. Rooftop setting was nice but view is of traffic. We were offered the 600 room but opted for the 800 room for AC although we did not need it for India in November, a mistake in retrospect. Internet wifi was extra charge. Hotel computers was extra charge (we did not know this). Printing was extra charge. Breakfast was average for a budget place. Christine says "We would stay there again for the clean room and location but we didn't like Jaipur and can't imagine going back there."

Room Tip: Get a room in the back away from the road. If traveling in the Indian winter (after October) there i...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Christony G
Konstanz, Germany
Reviewed November 15, 2013

We have choosen the AC room with balcony and enjoyed it very much - just perfect !
The price of 1400 INR was it worth. We stayed for two weeks, enjoyed every single day and night. The only hotel or guesthouse during our whole 3 months trip in India, where we trusted the provided blankets and sheets. The whole place is perfect clean, very well operated and the staff very friendly.

Room Tip: the AC rooms have a power outlet while the non AC rooms seem to have none.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

+ Very clean,modern,helpful people,peaceful rooftop,reasonable price

you can go there alone or w/ family

- a little bit far from center of pink city but aş i told "peacefull"

you can go everywhere with rikshaw for a good price

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We spent two nights here. We got mucked around as we had booked a room with fan and air cooler, however when we got there they apparently only had aircon rooms for of course more rupees. Eventually we came to a decision that we would have to change rooms, from one night to the next. Staff were sometimes friendly. Nice rooftop, clean and basic rooms. Quite expensive, and you have to pay 75 rupees a day for wifi, which is only in lobby area.

Room Tip: Go to Pearl Palace
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Podloz
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We spent three nights in the Atithi guest house and really enjoyed it. The guest house and rooms are basically furnished, but are airconditioned and very clean. The beds are a bit hard, but comfortable. It reminded me of a very high standard hostel. The staff were very friendly and helpful - they gave us good advice on where to go and what prices to expect to pay for rickshaws etc. Food was vegetarian, all very nice. All in all great value for a clean and relaxing stay. I would recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Very nice rooms, which are very clean. The bathrooms were cleaned everyday and communal areas scrubbed. The staff were very friendly and we had an excellent stay. A oasis of calm from the craziness of Jaipur. I would happily stay in this hotel in England.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jaipur
Hotel Holy City
#79 of 386 in Jaipur
Hotel Sawera Grand
Hotel Sawera Grand
#3 of 98 in Amritsar

Been to Atithi Guest House? Share your experiences!