“Pearl 'Perfect' Palace”
Review of Hotel Pearl Palace

Hotel Pearl Palace
Ranked #7 of 389 Hotels in Jaipur
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stayed here for a week in May and I doubt there is another 'budget' hotel in India that would compare with the high design and furnishing and sheer attention to detail that has gone into this amazing hotel. Rooms are spotlessly clean as is the rest of the building. The staff are attentive, friendly and efficient. The rooftop restaurant is an unusual and quirky design of the manager's Mr Singh, as is the entire hotel, and serves great food. It really is the only place to stay in Jaipur.

Room Tip: I would choose an A/C room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I being a solo traveler was concerned about a safe place to stay. This hotel was a haven for me as I could be at ease completely. The staff was very friendly and I felt at home here. I took a small room for Rs. 350 with a shared bath and found it to be very comfortable. My room was clean with clean sheets. For the four nights I ate at their restaurant on the rooftop which served a wide variety at reasonable cost. The portions were large and I being alone had to order a single item with a roti or naan to feel satiated.
The hotel is not far from the old pink city but again away from the crowded, noisy streets.
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and will recommend this place to all my friends.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Amanda T
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

A lot is made in the reviews about Mr Singh and without dispute this guy has created a fabulous place to say but I'd like some credit to go to the rest of the staff and to Mrs Singh too. All the staff a friendly, helpful and efficient. The food is of a very, very high standard. Rooms and facilities are high quality and well maintained. My only comment would be on the wi-fi - this you pay for at very low cost & I understand this is in some way a security measure but the system used forces you to enter a 16 digit code then four number password each time you want to connect - this is both time consuming and frustating - there's got to be an easier way. All that said we loved the place and the people and can't wait to return - maybe we'll try the heritage rooms next time. Thanks Mr & Mrs Singh and your excellent staff

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Hotel Pearl Palace. We were given a large 'colourful' bedroom with local charm and there is a lovely roof terrace with air musters which are gorgeous in the evening to cool us down! You are given a useful booklet on arrival on Jaipur with maps and what to expect to pay which is useful. The hotel is located near to train service - offer a pick up service. Also offer laundry service 55 rupees for 3 pairs of shorts. Reasonably priced rooms 3 nights for £50 (all food charged separately) Wifi available but you need to pay per day. 150 rupees for one day: 300 for 3 day. Air conditioning is quite noisy; they do have international plugs.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Liz S
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Value boutique hotel in funky but really nice neighborhood. Though the hotel would be considered budget, it has terrific amenities like the great rooftop restaurant and bar. Quite a backpacker's scene up there. Grab a beer and watch their weekly movie on the big outdoor screen after a day of Jaipur. Great service, nice staff. Definitely a higher end backpacker's hotel. We stayed with teenage kids and it was perfect. My only complaint was our room didn't have AC (I might have forgotten to book a room with AC though.) and it came with a swamp cooler. Though it kept the room cool, it was like sleeping next to a jet engine. But other than that, the hotel was great. Pretty, too.

Room Tip: see if they have AC rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank maryjh
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Great rooftop restaurant with good food. Nice rooms with lovely wall decoration. Good price for room (800), when our aircooler broke down the swapped us immediately. Wifi is fast enough. Location close to trainstation, for pink city you need a riksja. When checking-in they provide you a booklet about India and Jaipur. This had so much information! Very helpful! Would go back!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I stayed at the pearl palace for only 15 US dollars and it was such a great deal. My room was clean and really unique. The lobby had wireless Internet and the also had two computers you could use for free. The location was great. Would highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo