“My home in Jaipur”
Review of Arya Niwas

Arya Niwas
Ranked #25 of 392 Hotels in Jaipur
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I can't count the times I've stayed at Arya Niwas in Jaipur. This has become my home there. Great value for money, great restaurant, clean rooms... Perfect. I looked for alternatives and could not find any other other hotel that would beat it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Tarun_Bansal_Jaipur, General Manager at Arya Niwas, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Well, this is your home Bill and Cydney. And you are not allowed to look for alternatives. Missed you at Holi, and hopefully we will celebrate this mad festival together next year! :)

Tarun

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed at Arya Niwas for three nights. By the last week of February, 2013. Me, my wife, my son (three year old), my parents (senior citizens). Pretty heterogenous population. You can't say that everybody would be pleased with the same thing....... but, yet, that happened. Every one of us wanted to give Arya Niwas 5 stars.
Start with location. Great. Walking distance from the Pink City. But, would you believe, you won't feel like you are staying in a congested city.
Then ambience. You just have to stay there to believe it.
Very commonly, people upload a photograph from a convenient angle......and one would be cheated into believing that the place is gorgeous or the garden/room is huge. No such problem with Arya Niwas. Rooms are large. Though it would be better if you book their best rooms. The lawn is beautiful - easy to place seven or eight tables, each accommodating four persons. The veranda, both on the ground floor as well as in the second floor are great.
Next food. This, I should say, is the only weak point. You won't get anything non-veg (except eggs). They have a vegetarian restaurant only. But, it must be mentioned that they serve good food at a very reasonable price. Also, the bakery is excellent.
However, here I would like to draw the Arya Niwas management's attention : they are catering to a lot of foreign tourists and the only beverage from India that is simply world's best is the Darjeeling tea. But, unfortunately, the tea at Arya Niwas is pretty average and the brownish liquid they provide in the name of Darjeeling tea is far below average. So, if you must have tea there, don't go for the Darjeeling. On the other hand, the filter coffee is excellent. I hope the management there would rectify this problem and would be able to serve decent Darjeeling tea.
The staff are all cordial. Specially I would like to mention Mr. Rathode at the reception - a very decent and gentle young man, who was always helpful. He always tries his best to make your stay comfortable.
Lastly, their small curio shop. I have always believed that these curio shops in a hotel, especially where a lot of foreigners stay, are meant to rob people. But, not in Arya Niwas. Mr. Gajendra Singh is a perfect gentleman. And some of the things available at that shop were actually cheaper than at the market.
So, stay at Arya Niwas. Great place. Great rooms. If you are a non-veg, you have to do with their veg thalis, but still you'll be very happy staying there. I know one can find better places....but, I don't believe that you can find one at this price....even, at twice this price!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay in any of their rooms. We were a family of four & stayed at rooms 223 and 224, adjacent roo...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank drbishan

Greetings from Arya Niwas Hotel Jaipur.

Thank you for taking out the time to write a review, and for your kind words. Thank you for the elaborate feedback as well. It is thanks to such feed backs that we are able to modify/amend/improve our services. I am looking into the leaf tea issue. We are using Lipton Green Label as of now, but I am open to other, maybe smaller players that can give a better quaity tea.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Arya Niwas is excellent value. The service is friendly, the food is good, the location is central and i always see returning customers. The rooms are quite basic, but always clean (not a given in India). I always enjoy my stay there and have returned several times.

Greetings from Arya Niwas Hotel Jaipur.

Thank you for taking out the time to write a review, and for your kind words.
We are fortunate that guests like you have been patronizing the hotel for a long time. I do hope that we keep meeting expectations in the future as well, and Arya Niwas continues to be your home in the future also.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

A fine medium size hotel in a quiet location despite the craziness of the close road. Clean, comfortable and cosy...goog value for money than normally would be suited for less. I come back and back again over the years

• Stayed: March 2013
Tarun_Bansal_Jaipur, General Manager at Arya Niwas, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Greetings from Arya Niwas Hotel Jaipur.

Thank you for taking out the time to write a review, and for your kind words. Thank you too for choosing to stay with us regularly over the years, I hope that we are able to meet your expectations in the future as well.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I visit Jaipur every year and love staying here. It is very safe and secure for a woman travelling alone, everyone is very helpful and the food is great! It is in a fantastic central location very handy for sightseeing or business.

Greetings from Arya Niwas Hotel Jaipur.

Thank you for taking out the time to write a review, and for your kind words. I am glad you found the hotel safe especially for ladies. All our hotels are family managed and the house ladies are actively involved in the management. So, in a way this is a company where the women actually have the upper hand!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

i was traveling with my family in dec 2011 i have booked hotel arya niwas jaipur for 2nights hotel is near is city nice good place food in hotel restaurant is excellent i will sure go for arya niwas for my next jaipur visit.

• Stayed: December 2012

Greetings from Arya Niwas Hotel Jaipur.

Thank you for taking out the time to write a review, and for your kind words. Thank you too for choosing to stay with us and I hope we continue to be of service on your visits to our beautiful city in the future as well.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed in Arya Niwas/Jaipur in 2010. The Hotel is very comfortable, clean and has a nice architecture, with a spacious and beautiful garden. Amenities were adequate, breakfast choices are plenty and I liked all the ones I tried, especially the plain fruit salad and fruit salads with curd are very delicious. I stayed only 2 nights indeed but I was able to hire a yoga instructor there to give me a yoga class at the hotel, this was also a plus for me. I would recommend this hotel to everyone who wants to stay in Jaipur.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends

Greetings from Arya Niwas Hotel Jaipur.

Thank you for taking out the time to write a review, and for your kind words.
I am glad you liked our food, especially the menu items with fruits! India is a great place to have fruits, especially the summer months, but then so is Turkey!
I will pass on your comments to the yoga instructor as well.