“Hotel with character”
Review of Arya Niwas

Arya Niwas
Ranked #25 of 393 Hotels in Jaipur
Reviewed March 9, 2013

In the honking, hustling rush of Jaipur here is an oasis of calm with its verandah, courtyard, spacious lawn and roof garden. If that's not enough there is a cool lounge with a painted ceiling and a whole library of books left by travellers, - the "dining hall" serves good , simple food to complete the picture

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank readingwalker
Tarun_Bansal_Jaipur, General Manager at Arya Niwas, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Greetings from all of us here at Arya Niwas, Jaipur.

Thank you for taking out the time to write a review and for the kind words.

Holi, the Indian festival of riotous colours is approaching, and all of us here wish you and your loved ones a very happy holi!

Tarun

Write a ReviewReviews (1,232)

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I always stay at this hotel when in Jaipur on business, its clean, friendly with lovely garden to relax in after a busy day. The food is pleasant, although personally I prefer somewhat more spicy flavors.The rooms are not large but perfect for one person .and the daily rates very reasonable

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Indiatravelor

Greetings from all of us here at Arya Niwas, Jaipur.

Thank you for taking out the time to write a review, your patronage to our hotel and for the kind words.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

We only had one night in Jaipur. This hotel has a lovely exterior and nice gardens to eat in, but because our stay was brief, this review is very much about the room as we did not have a chance to enjoy the facilities. Our room was quite dated and a bit cramped but clean. The bathroom was small and a fault with the hot water needed to be fixed but the staff were very prompt in sorting that. I had arranged for a cake to be brought up to our room for my husband's birthday which arrived, later than asked(i was in the shower as had given up at that point) for but at least it came and it was a nice cake too. The reception staff are very friendly and professional however the services provided are very much packaged for tourists. It is in a good location and well known by rickshaw drivers which was helpful.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Greetings from all of us here at Arya Niwas Jaipur.

Thank you for taking out the time to write a review, and also for the feedback. Glad to know that you enjoyed the cake!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights, family of 5, and enjoyed every second in this very fine and beautiful hotel. It was so nice to come back every day to this relaxing place and enjoy the garden, the food, the nice and clean rooms and the kind and honest service.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank arik r

Greetings from all of us here at Arya Niwas Hotels Jaipur.

Thank you for taking out the time to write a review, and also for the kind words.
I hope you enjoyed your holiday in our beautiful city of Jaipur.

Tarun Bansal

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Very comfortable, clean rooms, at a fantastic price. The staff are all very friendly and attentive - more than happy to do anything for you. The location is terrific, and even though it's in a great, central location, it's also very quiet. The restaurant is great - the meals are terrific, and incredibly well priced ( the baked eggplant is delicious). Having stayed at a place less than 100m from here last year, and three times the price, I got food poisoning my first meal there, and was forced to search elsewhere for my latest trip. This hotel came highly recommended, and I can see why. I only visit Jaipur once a year, but I would never consider staying anywhere else from now on.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank sassio

Greetings from all of us here at Arya Niwas Hotels Jaipur.

Good value for money is one thing that we try to keep for all our services, and I am glad you found that our services are really good value!

Tarun Bansal

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel is great and I recommend it, especially at the price of rooms. I plan on returning to the hotel for my next trip to Jaipur, which I will hope will be in the near future.

Pros:
Beautiful courtyard with wicker chairs and great cheap food and drinks, the chai tea was so good, as well as the paratha
Tuktuks waiting outside on the main street
Very nice looking hotel with beautiful indian design
The hotel is a good location:
5 minute tuk tuk ride from the railway station (I paid 50 rupee)
Every tuk tuk driver knew exactly where it was when I mentioned the name which was convenient
20 minute walk to City Palace and Hawa Mahal (my favorite site in Jaipurt) (5 minute tuk tuk ride - I paid 80 - 100 rupee)
25 minute bus ride to Amber Palace. You can ask the travel office but its 10 rupees to take a bus - bus # 5, if you walk out of Arya Niwas down the alley to the left, take a left at the second big intersection - you should see a citibank on the opposite corner, go left a little and you should see people waiting for buses, there you wait for bus that has #5 written on it and it will take you past Jai Mahal, and to the front of the Amber Palace, and the money collector should tell you when to get off.

Cons:

No toilet paper, India typically utilizes water for such activities but usually there is also tp, maybe you can ask for it at the front but I had some with me.

You have to go the business office to get an internet voucher which only lasts 5 hours, which is annoying but the wifi is usually quick.

Also did not recieve and room service. I didn't really mind because I had two beds to sleep in (I was travelling alone), so I didn't inquire and do not know whether this is standard or they forgot me.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Tarun_Bansal_Jaipur, General Manager at Arya Niwas, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Greetings from all of us here at Arya Niwas Jaipur.

Sorry, we slipped on the toilet paper part, of course we do provide toilet paper, I think the housekeeping guys made a mistake. We normally clean rooms if the guest leaves their key at the reception. I will check up why your room was not cleaned, can you let me know your room number and date of stay if possible?

Reviewed February 24, 2013

The best hotel in India I've been to! Nice and clean rooms and bathrooms. Friendly staff, and the environment just makes you want to stay! I met many travelers who had been there many times before, and they just kept coming over and over again, because of the coziness of the hotel. Totally recommend it for vacations!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank ElaMiranda

Greetings from all of us here at Arya Niwas Jaipur.

Thank you for taking out the time to write a review and also for the kind words. All of us at Arya Niwas are glad you liked our services and hope you had a good time at our beautiful city of Jaipur.