“Arya Niwas .. Second Home ..”
Review of Arya Niwas

Arya Niwas
Ranked #24 of 385 Hotels in Jaipur
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Awesome hotel .. Value for money ... Neat and Clean .. Breakfast cheap and v good ....The Rooms were very clean ....would like to stay here again..... previous trip was for business and the next trip will be with family

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Tarun_Bansal_Jaipur, General Manager at Arya Niwas, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Greetings from all of us here at Arya Niwas.

Thank you for taking out the time to write a review, and also for the kind words. All of us here are glad you liked our services and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

This hotel was awesome. The garden is lovely and the terraces too. There is a library inside, a shop, restaurant and a massages room. The bedrooms are clean, confortable, big and really nice. The breakfast are cheap and really good. We recommend it to everyone. It was our best hotel in all India with cheap price

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Loved the feel of the hotel since we stayed here around 7-8 yrs ago. This time around we booked into Jai Niwas since it is closer to our work area. Guess what !!!

DAY 1 and 2
We spent half the day (after travel exhaustion) shuffling between Jai Niwas then Arya Niwas then finally Om Niwas.
The service at Om Niwas was pretty bad to say in the least. The rooms were not that crazy clean but manageable !!! No room service !

Internet - especially HIGH SPEED it an absolute scam. They have these tiny scrolls of paper to give you access for internet which expires if you do not log out - which simply means that even if you DO log out - the time runs out and you have no way to contest the issue assuming human error !!!

Terrible terrible dinner - unbelievably small portions and extremely long time - which means that we did not wait to get the second helping at all !!!

DAY 3
Breakfast was excellent (not really expected that but have to mention it)

Come day 2 and we are told that we did not have our original reservation in Om Niwas so we had to move to another hotel. We moved to Arya Niwas - wasted ANOTHER 1/2 day not to mention the absolute inconvenience of getting this piece of information only in the morning when we were all geared to step out for work !!!

The internet time that we purchased - we were told that it was transferable and that we could use it at Arya Niwas. Guess what - after wasting 1/2 the day adn coming back from work at 1 at night when I try to check mail - internet does not work. I am told that they have some internet issues - after much difficulty in completing my work over the phone (assuming that sometimes services break down) in the morning the net still does not work.

In a room for 3 guests, there were only 2 towels exactly 2 tea bags and 2 sugar pouches. OF COURSE I requested at the housekeeping but really I hate the thought of 'begging' for everything when I am expecting it to be part of the service !!!

Day 4:
Today morning I go down to the desk only to be told that the 'scroll' of paper which contained our login info is not transferable so they could have easily issued the corrected login had I requested for it last night !!!
The receptionists attitude - what can I say Maam - I can say a sorry and that's all !!!

With the breakfast included in our original reservation I am expecting the same to continue but we are told that it is not so - I really dont care only I should not have to deal with this kind of nonsense EVERY day when every hour after 10 am counts for my work !!!

Now I am here at Arya Niwas - wasting ANOTHER hour checking out other hotels in Jaipur sitting in the Business center and writing this review in hope that I can help some other business tourist save some time.

1 star - I would have removed that as well if possible - but I will leave it for the ambiance and cleanliness of this place (Also I cannot remove it)

Room Tip: Deluxe room has a balcony.
4  Thank surbhi79
Tarun_Bansal_Jaipur, General Manager at Arya Niwas, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Greetings from Arya Niwas Jaipur.

Thank you for taking out the time to write a feedback. I had a talk with you at check out and accordingly, I did check up on the booking facts.

The confusion started because either the person who made a booking on your behalf, OR the person who took this booking over phone here gave or took the booking for ONE and not TWO rooms as you really required. Being extremely busy dates we could not give two rooms at Jai Niwas and thus had to shift you twice. I agree this is VERY inconvenient to any guest.
THE SOLUTION that we have now worked out is that all BOOKINGS RECEIVED on phone are now replied by an SMS or email so that if there is any mistake that happens anywhere in either giving or taking down the booking is seen by the guest and hopefully can be rectified before the guest comes to the hotel.
As for the internet slips, Om Niwas reception staff slipped big time here. It has since been rectified. By the way, internet was really down in some sections of Arya Niwas the night you stayed here.
As for breakfast charged at Arya Niwas, I DID get that sorted out on check out!

Anyway, you had a trying time with all the transfers and silly mistakes. I am sorry for the inconvenience caused. I can only say to err is human, and to forgive, well I leave that to you and your family !!

I look forward to your next visit and stay with us, hopefully we will not slip up this time!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Just a wonderful place, been back to it three years in a row and the service, the prices and the friendliness of the staff are all exceptional. Would certainly recommend it for travellers who want a friendly, affordable but efficient place to stay in Jaipur. Marina

Room Tip: Choose a room at the back of the hotel. They are quieter. Some in the front however have been recent...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank marinam02

Greetings from all of us here at Arya Niwas.

Thank you for taking out the time to write a review, and also for the kind words. All of us here are glad you liked our services. Thank you for your continued patronage also.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

t has always been a pleasure staying at Arya Niwas. This has been my fourth stay out there but the last stay was after a long time gap. Despite that I found that they have maintained the Hotel, rather improved the same. The staff out there is very polite. The food at the restaurant is good & tastes like home food. Relaxed meals taken in the garden are a must. Once more stay at "Arya Niwas" is home away from home and great "Value for Money" i would always like to stay out there when in Jaipur.

Room Tip: Front Garden Facing Rooms on the Higher Floor
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Pinksrose

Reviewed February 6, 2013

We travelled t Jaipur for a trade show in Feb' 2013 & after reading several reviews on Trip Advisor, booked at Arya Niwas for 2 days.

As we reached the hotel at around 9.30 am, we were asked to wait as the room allotted to us was still occupied. In the meanwhile we decided to have our breakfast & tea in the lawns of the hotel. The self service system meant we had to go to order & were allotted a token which had to be displayed on the table. In about 15 minutes we were served. The breakfast was standard fare as everywhere & we had no complaints.

After breakfast we checked into our room. The front desk staff were efficient but brusque but later on the lady was far friendlier. Our room was on the 1st floor & in a one corner (see pic) in a courtyard running through top to bottom. If you see the picture, you'll see it cheek by jowl to the next room.

The room itself was compact & clean with TV, A/C & heater provided. Just enough space to walk around the bed to reach the closet at the other end (from the door) of the room. Bathroom was clean with running hot water. Kettle with tea bags/coffee provided. No complaints about the cleanliness but the room itself had no ventilation unless you opened the window which opened onto the courtyard. As the room was jutting into the next, if you sneezed, the occupant next door would probably say 'bless you'. Bathrooms had the same problem, clean but no ventilation!

Food at the cafeteria was unexciting but if you had no time to go anywhere at the end of a tiring day, you would probably end up there. Basic fare. Nothing more, nothing less.

One thing must be said, the hotel is in a lane off the main Sansar Chand Road, which is a very busy road at most times. The lane leading up to the hotel has a dirty approach & the entire lane is full of small hotels. You cannot escape the fact that location wise, it isn't something great.

Overall, a good budget hotel with clean but compact rooms, average food & not so great location. Tourists on a budget will love the place.

Room Tip: Corner rooms in the courtyard are not that great. Look for rooms facing the front.
1  Thank bombaytraveller
Tarun_Bansal_Jaipur, General Manager at Arya Niwas, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Greetings from all of us here at Arya Niwas, Jaipur.

Thank you for taking out the time to write a review. Thank you too for the kind words.

Tarun Bansal

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I arrived in early morning (about 6am), the reception on night shift received me with smile, but he said I need to wait till 7am to check in; otherwise I need to pay for an extra day. The reception allowed me to rest in the hall and to take a shower there which is great. But the reception is the way too talkative, and he even said “I’m free tomorrow night, all night” with erotic smile which made me very uncomfortable. After I checked in, he opened my door himself (I closed the door but didn’t lock) which made me even more uncomfortable.
At night, he locked my door several times and phoned me (there’s a phone in the room), I pretended I was not there.
Anyway, the hotel is great with nice garden. The room is clean, but the reception ruined my stay there.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank AlicePiggy

Greetings from Arya Niwas Jaipur.

I am very concerned with the difficulty faced by you at our reception. Can you please give me the dates that you stayed with us? Also, all of us wear badges with our names. do you remember the name of the staff member.

This is the first time in my 20 years of work here that I have heard such a complaint and I would like to get to the bottom of this, with your help.