“Rajasthani hospitality at its best”
Review of Arya Niwas

Arya Niwas
Ranked #21 of 382 Hotels in Jaipur
Bengaluru, India
“Rajasthani hospitality at its best”
Reviewed April 6, 2012

It was my first holiday alone. Friends recommended Arya Niwas as a safe place and centrally located. Plus it suited my budget. What they didn't tell me was this modest hotel is Rajasthani hospitality at its best. Everyone is professional. They dont go overboard to welcome with you with tikkas, etc. But they all smile genuinely - from the mustachioed security guard to the reception staff. The rooms are spic and span. Attention given to detail is mindblowing. Aesthetically appealing & highly comfortable rooms. I stayed in 3 different rooms. One was better than the other. I particularly loved their eco friendly messages on leaves that advise guests not to waste water, etc. Lovely bonsais everywhere. Chitra, the restaurant, was a home away from home for me. Excellent decor, efficient service, tasty and healthy food. There's something for everyone - Indian, foreigner, kids. And of course, the fantastic VFM and location. The calm and quiet ambience is seriously soothing. I'm going back for more :)

Room Tip: Room on the top most floor was very hot despite the fan. The other 2 floors were wonderful. I guess...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank meerarao

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Our family of 7 members including a 2 year old child made it to the hotel at 9 am without booking any rooms. They accomodated us in 2 Standard Double Rooms (A/c) in the ground floor.
Well, i do not intend to overrate but
1. The hotel did not take any advance from us and we made the first and final payment towards our stay including the cafeteria bill, innova travel bills, room accomodation - all in one only on the fourth day when we checked out. I liked the trust they had on guests settling the bills promptly.
2. The reception had a clear list of the room numbers and the type of room and the clear rate per day. I liked the transparency eliminated different rates or rooms being exaggerated as of higher class
3. None of the staff was scratching his head or asking for a tip for the service provided - Be it the luggage carried to your rooms (or) the safe innova trips to Chokhi Dhani or the forts (or) Food delivery at the cafetaria. This was left entirely to my discretion and i can only add some money in the Tip Box maintained separately.
4. The reception had several free booklets of the "Lonely planet " issue on jaipur. I simply grabbed a copy and was able to plan my jaipur tour and shopping accordingly very easily.
5. The staff at reception (Manoj and Gajraj, to name a few) were courteous and guided me superbly. They helped me in planning my itinerary and travel mode - innova or the autorickshaw and told me the nominal rates for both.
6. Food and Service at the Chitra Cafeteria, inside this hotel, was of good quality and inexpensive.
7. The gift shop guided me well to go to the right shops in Jaipur to purchase Razais.
8. Autorickshaw drivers were able to easily drop us at the hotel when we told the name of "Arya Niwas" in Sansar Chandra Road.

To suggest few improvements,
1. They might do away with the Hitachi ACs and buy better effective models
2. Nothing else, that i could think of.
Overall, our stay at Arya Niwas was pleasant and i greatly appreciate and recommend it for budget travellers like me.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Ramanathan_K
tarunjaipur, General Manager at Arya Niwas, responded to this review, April 6, 2012
Thank you for the kind words and detailed feedback. I am glad you liked our services. I will definately look at the ACs of your rooms as well.
Once again, thank you from all of us here at Arya Niwas.

Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 4 days and I must say that the whole facility is neat and clean and it was a pleasant and comfortable stay. The restaurant was also clean and the service was good. The lawn outside the restaurant is a very good place to relax for a while. The location of the hotel is another plus. Its just half an hour travel from the airport and is quite near to many other tourist attractions in the city. I would certainly recommend this hotel for a pleasant and comfortable stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Greetings from Arya Niwas Jaipur. Thank you for taking out the time to write a feedback and the kind words. All of us here are glad you liked our services.

delhi
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights in double ac room and it was very good experience. Room issued was a quiet, very neat and well maintained. Located close to attractions in the city. The restaurant attached to the hotel serving homely food.

2 Thank rddlin75

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed April 5, 2012

It is a paradise for the tourist amidst the chaos of Jaipur traffic. We were a little concerned about the narrow approach to the hotel not knowing how the accommodation will be. What a pleasant surprise! It's a totally different feeling once you are inside the gates of the hotel. Nice garden, lounge, gift shop, spacious and airy restaurant. The rooms were big with clean bathrooms and a flat screen TV. To top it all, the food was absolutely lip-smacking and delicious...great variety and the home-made pasta sauces and cakes were awesome. They arranged for some reliable cab service to take us around Jaipur. We did not feel like leaving this place. Thanking for taking care of us very well.

Room Tip: Please pick newly renovated rooms close to the terrace. The terrace has a nice sit-out too.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
tarunjaipur, General Manager at Arya Niwas, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Greetings from all of us here at Arya Niwas Jaipur.
Thank you for taking out the time to write a review and the kind words.
I am glad you liked our food. The ladies of the owner family themselves take care of the food being prepared, particularly my aunt. We make our own pasta, breads, cake and biscuits using the best of natural ingredients and without any artificial preservatives and flavors. It is so strange but good things can sometimes come out of being simple.

Kabul
Reviewed April 4, 2012

This is such a great find - a reasonably priced, excellently designed and comfortable place to stay in Jaipur! I enjoyed it so much I wanted to book a trip the next weekend. I loved the lawn and porch area, and the reading library. Internet was easy to access and inexpensive. Staff was very nice. Food was great and inexpensive. I feel like I may be coming here again soon!

2 Thank Aimee R
Greetings from Arya Niwas Hotel. Thank you for taking out the time to write a review and the kind words. You are welcome back and I am sure our lovely home city of Jaipur has many more secrets to share and nice places to visit,that you may have missed out on this trip!

Reviewed April 1, 2012

A classic hotel with peaceful environment and nice and clean cafeteria. A great destination....

• Stayed March 2012
Greetings from all of us here at Arya Niwas Jaipur.
Thank you for taking out the time to write a review and the kind words.