We came across mention of the hotel as we surfed various travel portals for suitable hotel accomodation in Jaipur, Rajasthan. Umad Bhavan Heritage hotel was one of the most well represented hotels available online. The travel portals were aflush with its reviews, pictures, descriptions and other info, that, couple with its pricing made us immediately drawin to this particular hotel. However, some of my prior experiences with hotels booked online haven't been pretty, and I was quite apprehensive. However, we had a wonderful time at the hotel. The hotel was magnificently done and maintained. It is a 85 old haveli which has been modified for a hotel about 25 years ago. Since we went around Diwali, the experience was a bit more magical, with fresh coats of paint and festive lights in every corner. We were plesantly surprised at how much we actually liked the hotel and its room for the price we paid.
Both my wife and I are architects and Jaipur stires a treasurehouse of beautiful architectural collections, but we surpised ourselves with the number of snaps we took of the hotel itself, even though, admittedly, the architecture was neither really authentic and obviously done up!
Our 2 year old son enjoyed hiding in various nooks and corners of the hotel, and the 2 nights we spent over Diwali, with the special festival dinner buffet was something to remember, and something to recommend to friends.
Likes - Pickup from Station; Proximity to Station; Ease of Booking; Package Rate; Room Decor and features; Bathroom features and cleanliness; heritage look and feel
Dislikes - In quiet residential area... not immediately close to tourist features and transport; Service was okay; but not exactly over-the-top warm & friendly; Room sizes; Views - one sees other courtyards and parts of the hotel, not really the surroundings
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to one of the best run Jaipur hotels. Umaid Bhawan Jaipur is a modern heritage hotel with a budget hotel tariff providing world class Rajasthani style accommodation. Our hotel is highly recommended by Lonely Planet, Let's go, Foot print travel guides on Jaipur Hotels and Jaipur Budget Hotels.Run by a family of Rathores, Hotels Jaipur - Umaid Bhawan is one of the finest hotels in Jaipur. Built in traditional style, there are beautifully carved balconies, attractive courtyards, open terraces, lovely garden and comfortable rooms with antique furnishings. Umaid Bhawan offers unique exotic traditional Rajasthani ambience found only in some of the Hotels in Jaipur.Ranked as one of the best run budget hotels in Jaipur by the Lonely Planet international travel guide book, Umaid Bhawan offers guests a pleasant and comfortable home away from home with traditional Rajput hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Agoda, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Umaid Bhawan Heritage House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Umaid Bhawan Heritage Hotel
- Umaid Bhawan Heritage Jaipur
- Umaid Bhawan Palace
- Hotel Umaid Bhawan