“great staff but hotel could use some touching up”
Review of Clarks Amer

Clarks Amer
Ranked #38 of 412 Hotels in Jaipur
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We stayed one night at the Clark Amer hotel in Jaipur. When we walked into the Lobby it appeared all was great at the hotel. However as we got up to our room it became clear the hotel needed some work. There were some problems as will be indicated, but the service was outstanding. The halls and rooms a little worse for wear. They were not in bad shape, just not what i had come to expect in india. We could not get the air conditioning to work properly.
There was even a specific number to call for air conditioning problems. The phone system was dated. However, the service here was way above average. The staff was very friendly and helpful. So even thought the physical plant of the property was a bit to be desired, the stay was made pleasant by the staff. The other problem was the hotels location. While in a quite area it was quite a distance from the points of interest. Most of the interesting restaurants were by the old city and it was a half hour drive to that location. This makes going out to find an interesting restaurant difficult. Luckily there is a roof top bar for a pleasant evening in the hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure your air conditioning works
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Roccodenver
NITINGUPTARDM, (Room Division Manager) at Clarks Amer, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you for taking time to review your experience with Hotel Clarks Amer.

Regarding the concern on to the touch up taken a note of the same and forwarded to the management.
I would like to be apologetic on to the inconvenience faced by you and correctives have been taken.

I would like to thank you once again for reviewing the Hotel and i am glad that you liked the services provided by team member and same will be forwarded to them.

Comments like this always motivates to team to deliver the best.

It was indeed a pleasure having you at the Hotel Clarks Amer and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Best Regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,256)

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We stayed there one night when we visited Jaipur. Its a big hotel, very crowded with lots of tourist groups. it was mostly apparent at breakfast . the dinning room was full all the time and noisy. Breakfast selection was average (not different than in other hotels in Rajasthan). The room was large and clean, good A/C and beds were comfi. Staff was helpful and friendly. I took a foot massage that was great and recommended,

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking time to review your experience with Hotel Clarks Amer.

I am happy to know that you have been taken care well and your appreciation will be forwarded to the team. I have also noted the concern on to the breakfast and will be forwarded to the respective concern.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stayed here two nights as part of our tour.
It is a large hotel, geared up for coach parties.
The room was comfortable, though the air conditioning struggled to keep the room cool.
The housekeeper was very helpful and friendly.
The breakfast was a fight with loads of coach parties eating at the same time. The staff were not able to cope with the volume of people. Not a pleasant experience.
I am a smoker and there was nowhere outside to have a quiet smoke, no ashtrays or seats provided. Smokers are not made to feel welcomed.

This hotel is not up to the usual high Kuoni standard I expect.
Sort it out Kuoni

3  Thank sussexoldbrit
NITINGUPTARDM, (Room Division Manager) at Clarks Amer, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Dear Guest

On behalf of Hotel Clarks Amer I would like to thank you for sharing your feed back on trip advisor.

I am glad to know that you liked the Rooms and services and taken care of by the team.

I agree that we cater to good number of foreign nationals hence starts our breakfast as early as 05.45hrs for the guests in restaurant. regarding the number of guest , Food and beverage team always ensures that the proper tables/areas are been assigned to the different groups especially when two of them are coming at the same time. We also ensures that the individual travelers also gets the proper attention in the dinning hall . Briefing and training on this aspect will be enforced once again. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused.
For smokers we have identified the smoking zone which is marked also with a signage and ashtray is been placed over there (on to the right side of main porch).

I would like to thank you once again for choosing Clarks Amer to stay and look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Smallish room, but very clean, and with huge bed. Buffet breakfast was good, but choice not as wide as other hotels we stayed at in Rajasthan. Restaurant staff were friendly and attentive. Lobby area was spotless and the grounds large and well manicured. Unfortunately, like most of Jaipur, the hotel was a magnet for pigeons, and this meant that the roof-top bar and pool area suffered we're in need of constant cleaning. The roof-top bar received attention, but sadly the pool area was lacking in this regard. The hotel said they had plans for this, so it might be worth checking how they are progressing. The hotel hosts a lot of Hindu open air weddings (all night affairs), and one took place during our stay; the noise from the disco was so loud that we were unable to get to sleep.

The hotel is approx 20 minutes drive from the city centre, but less than 5 minutes from the airport. No noise from the airport or the road.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Pete W

Dear Guest

Thanks for taking time to review your experience.
I am glad to know that you liked the room and other facilities of the hotel. Regarding the size of the room, I am little surprised to know that the size of the room is little smallish cause we have the good size rooms in all The category where even after placing all amenities / required furniture there is a good space to move around and to place an Extra bed as well in case required.

Thank you for mentioning about the breakfast as well and i am happy to know that you were satisfied with it.

We at Clarks Amer takes good care of trees / garden and applies Eco friendly practices. Here I would also like to mention that we have received " Rajasthan Energy Conservation Award from Govt Of Rajasthan as well .
As you mentioned managing Pigeons is a difficult task in Jaipur, however as mentioned will see that pool area gets the proper attention in this regard please accept my apologies for the same.
Regarding the wedding I agree that we host Indian wedding or any kind of evening to our beautiful Gardens however the hotel rule is that music is not allowed after 10 pm at all and the team here is religiously follows on to this policy.

I would like to thank you once again for your valuable feed back and hope to see you soon at Hotel Clarks Amer.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

The hotel was clean, with a lovely pool area and a choice of buffet style and a la carte restaurants. A little far from the city but no problem to get a tuk tuk. Staff were very friendly and attentive to our needs

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am pleased to know that your stay was comfortable and you enjoyed your trip to Jaipur. I would also like to thank you for complementing the Services of the team member and your valuable comments will be forwarded to team.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

March 2013
Stayed with my two sons aged 8 and 11 for two nights on a 6-day trip around India (Delhi, Agra and Jaipur).
It was the best of our three hotels:
- Our greeting was most welcoming; I must say Sher Singh Khardia (guest relations executive) went out of his way to ensure our comfort and hapiness.
- Room service was very attentioned. We had an extra cot added to our most spacious room; my son slept extremely well in it. Very clean, well kept.
- Comfort of beds was incomparable.
- Meals were very good: breakfast buffet was varied and offered continental fare that pleased my son who hasn't taken to Indian food.
- Safety was our greatest concern and Clarks Amer made us feel very secure.
I would recommend this hotel for travelling families and intend to come back to this hotel if fate allows me come back to India.

2  Thank theophraste
NITINGUPTARDM, (Room Division Manager) at Clarks Amer, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I visited Clarks Amer in the 1st week of March,I was on my business trip,I was given room on 5th floor,nice room & nice services,everything was good.The most memorable moments of my two day stay was interaction with guest relation manager Miss Ruchika Verma,who was very helpful & courteous whenever I met her,always in the lobby,with a smile welcome all guests.she helped me to plan my shopping for my family.She had a very good knowledge about Jaipur city,as she has been born & brought in Jaipur city.She was one of the best staff at the hotel,I will always remember her ,wish her luck for coming year 2013.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank richie020202
NITINGUPTARDM, (ROOM DIVISION MANAGER) at Clarks Amer, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am pleased to know that your stay was comfortable and you enjoyed your trip to Jaipur. I would also like to thank you for complementing the Services of the team member and your valuable comments will be forwarded to her also.