“Very nice and quite”
Review of Diggi Palace

Diggi Palace
Ranked #67 of 386 Hotels in Jaipur
Reviewed April 19, 2011

very nice hotel, an quite and relaxing oase in a busy city but still close to the city center. Nice room and a beautyful garden to have a rest, breakfast and dinner.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 12, 2011

I first visited this hotel back in 1996 and 15 yrs on, it has not only retained its character but has added more beauty to it. Our stay at Diggi palace was the highlight of our trip to Jaipur "the pink city". It is a little jewel hidden amidst the hussle bustle of pink city. Hotel is hidden in a small side street. Architecture of hotel reflects the royalty of the city and its serenity is just a contrast to the busy streets just outside the walls. Rooms were simplistic in nature and the decor was a reminiscent of its former glory, and offered every necessity one could ask for. Restaurant food and service was just fantastic. We didn't even want to venture out in the city; we were just happy in our lilttle cacoon of a hotel. There were peacocks around, which was just beautiful to see in the morning. I would highly recommend this place to anyone visiting Jaipur. After 15 yrs of first visiting it, it was my highlight of the trip.

Room Tip: King size bedroom facing the lawn
  • Stayed: March 2011
2  Thank Nee0208
Reviewed April 9, 2011

I am looking forward to visiting them when I am there in future. Manager Wilson is a pleasure to talk to and i think they will be a family of yours when you visit them

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank Kripakr
Reviewed March 25, 2011

I stayed at the Diggi Palace with my boyfriend and four friends for 2 days/3 days during our first trip to Jaipur. I'm so glad I listened to my friend who recommended it. This place turned out to be a great haven from the city bustle. The hotel featured a restaurant overlooking a large garden courtyard. The rooms were clean with unique touches and furnishings. The only downside may be the location, but there were always tuk tuk drivers right outside the gate so we had no problem getting to places.

But overall, the service was amazing. Everyone was super helpful especially when I left my iPod at the Taj Mahal! Wilson, the General Manager, went out of his way to help me get my iPod back from Agra to Jaipur. It was an epic relay that involved four people and by the end of the day, I was reunited with my gadget. I'm still in shock that it happened. I now believe that anything is possible in India. I can't say enough about Diggi Palace's staff and hospitality. I highly recommend them when you visit Jaipur.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank pink8uttercup
Reviewed March 18, 2011

I recently stayed at Diggi Palace for 5 nights while in Jaipur. I cannot say enough amazing things about the propery, rooms, and staff - ALL TRULY SURPASED MY EXPECTATIONS!! Diggi Palace is truly a haven, Jaipur is a wonderful but rather hectic city, and once inside the gates of Diggi Palace everything quieted down. The rooms were beautiful, cozy and clean. The staff was delightful and SO helpful! There was a driver on staff who helped my make trip perfect by taking me to all of the sights, best restaurants and shopping. Wilson, the hotel GM, was an angel and a kind face to see each morning with tips on how to make my stay extra special. I can't wait to go back to Diggi!!!!

Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank muffylillee
Reviewed March 17, 2011

I stayed at Diggi with my wife, and 2 friends for one night when visiting Jaipur.

Rooms are great, nice marble and solid construction, high ceilings, etc. Charming colors and furniture, you can sleep like a baby here! Very culturally rich rooms too. Bathrooms are clean and efficient with lots of warm water.

The garden is a highlight! Sitting outside with some kingfishers and watching the birds flying around and relaxing is great fun. The next morning having breakfast here is also great fun.

Internet is available for a nominal fee and thy have some PCs setup so you can just walk up and surf for a bit.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tokyo12
Reviewed March 13, 2011

The hotel is excellently managed, very good friendly service. The rooms are traditional, spacious and pretty, the gardens lovely. It has a lot of charm and elegance, and is very good value and excellently situated.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family