“A great driver!”

Janu Private Tours
Ranked #3 of 268 Tours in Jaipur
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Janu Private Tours offers all kind of day tours to move in and around Rajasthan or India at the most reasonable and honest prices.
Salt Lake City, Utah
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A great driver!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

Rakesh was an absolute riot to spend our travel time with. He picked us up from our hotel and took us to Elefantastic, picked us up when we were finished, and helped us find a nice place to buy a quality rug at a good price on the way back to our hotel. Rakesh was full of energy and interesting tidbits about the city. He even gave us his contact information. And when we were concerned about our rug not being shipped to us after we got back home, he helped contact the rug store to ensure everything was going smoothly. Great service! If I travel to Jaipur again, I would definitely hire him for multiple trips / days.

8 Thank Melissa G
janu shabbir k, Owner at Janu Private Tours, responded to this review, June 24, 2015

Thank you for your kind feedback.

I am very grateful for your note complimenting the services and facilities of our Organisation. Positive feedback from our guests is always a strong motivation to all of us to continuously provide a high level of services to our guests.

It was indeed a pleasure having you with “ Janu Private Tour’s “ and we look forward to welcoming you soon again.

Boston, Massachusetts
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“You MUST book with Janu!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

I first heard about Janu from Raul at Elefantastic when I asked what was the best way to get to Elefantastic. After exchanging a few emails with Janu, I kept extending my reservation until I had not only booked Janu for the entire length of our Jaipur stay, but also as transportation to and from Pushkar! Janu is so professional and very knowledgeable. Not to mention, I think he knows EVERYONE in Jaipur! It was quite a relief when my friends and I arrived at the hectic Jaipur train station (after a few hour delay) and multiple people who knew Janu helped us connect with him at the train station quickly and easily. He took us to our hotel so we could freshen up before taking us up a mountain to the most fabulous view of the entire city while the sun set (which was something not on my original very-researched itinerary)! He was very laid back and had great insight into where to go, what to avoid, and what the best times of day to go would be. Janu knew all about the history and would drive through various sections of the city to show us something new. He also had great shopping recommendations. He has a wonderful team of other drivers, one of which who took us to Pushkar for a one-night camel excursion in the desert. It was a wonderful experience. Everyone was so nice and knowledgeable. They really made us feel comfortable. I highly recommend Janu! In fact, the next time I plan a trip to India, Janu will be my first contact!

Visited November 2013
8 Thank Jessica B

Camberley, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Outstanding Service - you won't find better in India - let alone Jaipur!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

We first met Janu (Shabbir) when he collected us from our hotel to take us to Elefantastic. From that first moment the service was faultless and he went out of his way to tell us more about Jaipur and the various sights along the 45 minute drive. I have travelled extensively in India and visited over 16 times and I can honestly say that Janu Private Tours is truly outstanding and very safe.
We had actually booked a hotel tour to the Amber Fort for the following day, but having met Janu, we cancelled it and went with him instead.
On the third day another one of Janu's superb drivers, Rakesh, took us to Pushkar for the day and again the service was truly exceptional.
Janu even arranged for his younger brother to take us to a restaurant in his Tuk Tuk, which was great fun and amazing value!
If you're planning to visit Jaipur, or even a long distance tour in India, look no further than Janu. You really won't get anything better at any price!

8 Thank JohnLoxley

St. Albans, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fantastic family experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

We have been traveling around the Golden Triangle as a family of four with two young children (age 3 and 6). Following a recommendation from a contact at the British High Commission in Delhi we booked with Janu to take us from Delhi to Agra and then Jaipur. It was definitely a first rate recommendation and decision. Janu was extremely welcoming, friendly and flexible from the start. He made sure we got to see the sights we wanted, but at our own pace and also had really good ideas and suggestions. We always felt completely safe with him (and our driver Farook). But above all he was absolutely amazing with our children. He was so friendly and engaging that they adored him from the off and Janu went lots of extra miles to keep them entertained and happy, including some special Tuk-Tuk rides! If you are travelling with a young family in this area of India I would strongly recommend you seek him out.

7 Thank StAtravelwithkids

Midlands
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Exceptional from start to finish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

My husband and I recently booked with Janu for our recent tour of Rajasthan. From the moment we were met with our driver Jaheer , we instantly liked him. Jaheer was friendly polite and we felt extremely comfortable and safe with him. Jaheer is an exceptional driver; we quickly realize that we were in very safe hands. He was extremely helpful and offered us advice and made sure we enjoyed our trip to the maximum.
Janu telephoned us daily on a Sim that he provided us with , which we thought was amazing , he wanted to be sure that we were happy throughout our trip. Jaheer also checked in with us before the end of evening to make sure all was well and that we were hving a good time. Janu also made hotel and desert camp recommendations which we were happy to go along with as we trusted him completely, his recommendations were spot on. We also shopped where he suggested and were cery pleased with our purchases, silks, tailoring and silver. Nothing was too much trouble for him to arrange and Jaheers favorite words were “anything is possible”.
We met up with Janu several times on our trip and he was very welcoming and we also went to visit him at his home before leaving Rajastan , we were so very touched when he presented us with a bag of food drinks and my favorite Cadburys chocolate – to send us on our way.
Jaheer made our trip so very rememorable and we will always remember the kindness shown by both Jaheer and Janu, an amazing experience.
I shall be totally recommending Janu Travel services to all my family and friends, they are simply amazing …….if you are considering India , please contact this company, you will not be disappointed.

Bonnie & Paul England