“Hotel need more polite front desk”
Review of The Theme, Jaipur

and 1 more site!
The Theme, Jaipur
Ranked #77 of 381 Hotels in Jaipur
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Hotel need more polite front desk”
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in The Theme for 4 nights. When I did the booking through our travel agent I have requested for 2 twin bedded room and 2 rooms with king size bed. We didn't have a problem in all other hotels that we stayed before reaching Jaipur. But at the hotel they didn't give us the twin bedded room though request was made. What really annoyed us was the way the front desk told us off. They were rude n no intention of helping. The rooms were so small.
Apart from that the bathing areas get flooded when you are bathing and the water reaches the rooms and all the shoes were wet. On the last day as I was checking out I had to settle some laundry bills and the front desk took so long to settle the bill as they didn't have change to give us. In fact they wanted to minus off 10 rupees from the total amount as to round it up as they didn't have change. The hotel truly need a better front desk staff. The hotel nevertheless were clean but the breakfast was the same for 4 days.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank hirahally
TheTheme, General Manager at The Theme, Jaipur, responded to this review, March 14, 2014

Greetings from The Theme, Jaipur!!!

We thank you for your feedback as it will certainly help us to improve our services. I apologize for the inconvenience cause to you during your stay with us. Training is an integral part of our system and I assure you that we will train our staff so that they can fulfill guest requirement in appropriate manner and promptly. I assure you that you it will not repeat with anyone.

Warm Regards

Vardan Saxena

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
punjab
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Pathetic is the only word that comes in my mind whenever i think of theme hotel jaipur ...
I stayed here with my family on march 3rd 2014.

This was the worst stay of my whole rajasthan trip..
Hotel is located near the airport and chokhi dhani..and is quite modern in design and architecture

But they have got the one and only thing wrong that is hospitality..

The rooms are cramped so are the washrooms..i booked a deluxe room and prepaid for 3 adults..
When checked in they told me they cant put a cot in the room as the space issue is there so they will put a mattress on the floor.i argued taht i have not paid 1000 bucks for a mattress
So the receptionist somehow told the housekeeping to fit a cot in the room by shifting the bed and tables..

Worst part was the bathroom...the shower cubicle in the room was faulty and choked while using the water logged down and overflowed in the room resulting in spoiling the footwear and other items...
I requested the manager to fix it or change the room...nobody responded to my repeated requests...i was there for only a night so i let it go...the same thibg happened again in the morning...and during the checkout the front staff asked me to pay for the third adult charges (which i had already paid) and also for the wifi which i havent even used...breakfast consist of
Good vareity but of stale food..the south indian items like dosa and uttapam were stale and sour in taste. Nobody was apologetic when told about the room condition...

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank abhi2dj
TheTheme, General Manager at The Theme, Jaipur, responded to this review, March 15, 2014

Greetings from The Theme, Jaipur!!!

My sincere apology for the inconvenience cause to you during your stay in our hotel. We have taken corrective measure so that these issues will not arise in future. As we also have Executive room (higher category) which are bigger in size than the Deluxe rooms and as hotel was full on that day we were not been able to upgrade your room. Also the problem of water clogging in bathroom which you have faced is also been resolved.

Once again I apologize for the inconvenience cause to you. I request whenever you come to Jaipur please give us a chance and stay with us, we assure you that we will serve you with best of our capabilities.

Thanks & Regards

Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We stayed in this hotel only one night arrived in night around 9pm on 6 Feb 2014. All payment have been paid through credit card directly to the hotel on line and all rooms are confirmed bookings. There are 3 rooms booked for 5 of us. On arrival, the first response from the front desk staff was, sory sir, we wrote you an e-mail asking you to reconfirm bookings and no response and therefore, your rooms are not available. I have produced them with the confirmation letter print out and asked him , you have sent this confirmation and this is the first time I hear from a hotel emplyee that we have to reconfirm again. This is not accerptable. The guy has communicated with someone , may be his manager and said the your rooms have been upgraded to Executive rooms and provided the room keys for us to move in. In the mean time, these guys have not organed anyone to take out luggages to our rooms and every single stuff we have to request them. The service was very poor and did not expect it from this kind of hotel
We had our dinner , breakfast in the hotel restourant and the service was fantastic.On check out , next day there were defferent staff again at the front desk, the guys were talking on phones and not attending us for check out. I lost my patience at one point and asked him what is the problem and we need to leave in a hurry to manage our schedule of the day. The guy was very slow and not really servicing with cusytomer forcus.

I have no complain about the rooms and other services in the hotel, except the front desk staff who should be trained properly how to serve the customers and not responding irresponsibly.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
New Delhi, India
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I went to this hotel with my family and stay was really great. From reception to Rooms, everything was good. I booked two separate rooms for me and my brother.

Staff's friendliness came handy when my brother got a little accident while having breakfast. First aid box was completely equipped and they helped in every possible way.

Only downside for me was bathrooms. I found them little smaller and shower area was not properly cleaned.

Room Tip: This hotel is a good choice if you want to visit Chokhi Dhani which is on the same road.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ZareefAhmed

Greetings from The Theme, Jaipur!!!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. It was our pleasure to serve you during visit to our hotel.

Looking forward for your next visit to The Theme, Jaipur

Warm Regards

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 20, 2014

4 of us were traveling for a friends wedding, and got an Awesome offer on this hotel from Cleatrip. The offer was so good, we were a little apprehensive about how the hotel will turn out to be- but it was awesome. Lovely clean rooms, TV, good breakfast- I think we got a steal compared to some of the expensive hotels in the vicinity. Complimentary breakfast, airport pick up & wifi included in the offer!
P.S- Wifi connection was poor though

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
New Delhi, India
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and our stay was quite pleasant. The breakfast buffet was well prepared and quite a good variety. Staff was helpful and courteous. Though we did have some issues with beadsheets not getting changed and room cleaniness but the issues were resolved instantly.
Overall a good place to stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Lucknow, India
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We stayed there for two days it was great experience. Good rooms good food and good service,, it is very near to airport and conveniently located in ear main shopping area of new chart of Jaipur.
Over all full return of money.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jaipur
Fortune Park Bella Casa
OYO 6893 Premium Jaipur Airport View
The Park Classic
The Park Classic
#114 of 381 in Jaipur

Been to The Theme, Jaipur? Share your experiences!