“Nice dessert but hold the goat hair!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Diggi Palace
Ranked #116 of 2,941 Restaurants in Jaipur
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Florida
“Nice dessert but hold the goat hair!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

While on a tour of India with Gate 1 Travel, I attended an optional dinner at Diggi Palace. The entrance promised something special. There was incense and girls tossing rose petals on us as we passed through the gate. It was all downhill from there. It was outside where we could not see what we were eating. The selection was meager but I don't know if that was due to Gate 1's selections or Diggi Palace's offerings. The girls who entertained were young, pretty and talented. We tried to have a good time in spite of everything.
Then I got dessert. I had eaten about half of it when I discovered a long, white, stiff hair in my food. The end. It was obviously some type of animal hair. I tried for the rest of my trip to spot an animal that might match the hair and finally discovered a near match on a goat's rear end. Obviously, I wouldn't recommend this place or return there myself.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
HOTEL_DIGGI_PALACE, director at Diggi Palace, responded to this review, February 28, 2016
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback about The Baradari Mahal Restaurant.

We have made a note of your observations on areas of improvement and assure you we are taking immediate steps to improve the same.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Thanks & regards,