“Excellent staff, hotel overall good”
Review of Mango Hotel

Mango Hotel
Ranked #143 of 530 Jaipur B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 22, 2014

My husband, son and I recently stayed at the Mango Hotel for two weeks while visiting family in Jaipur. Overall the stay was great, with the best part being the staff. Especially the food staff, but overall everyone was helpful, attentive and truly wanted to make our stay enjoyable. The room was comfortable, clean with all the amenities one could expect--coffee, tea, 2 water bottles per day, etc. We had minor issues with the shower not draining quickly. The breakfast each morning is wonderful, and we ordered from the room service menu for my son (to get non-spicy food.) All was delicious. The only negative is that for New Year's we were required--required, not optional--to purchase two tickets for their evening party. Having family in town and a 2 year old, we were not keen on paying approx $40 per ticket to go to a party we would not be attending. In the end, we had to pay the money and while the staff tried to accommodate our need to not have dinner at 11 pm with a sleeping toddler, it was incredibly inconvenient. That aside, the hotel stay was overall very good.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Mangohotelsjaipur, Public Relations Manager at Mango Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2016

Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

I went here last week
It was a very pleasant stay
The ambience is really very good
Nice rooms
Perfect food .
Will rate it 5 star for the food.
The rooftop glass sitting portion adds a nice flavour to the mood.
Overall a very nice stay ............!!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Prateeksharma2509

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Room was well decorated and suitable specially light under the Bed. Hospitality of the all staffs was very good, specially breakfast was fine. I think is the good place to stay in jaipur. रूम में मेनू नहीं था जो कि बहुत बड़ी कमी थी |

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Hotel is good but I stayed in this hotel on 28th Dec. for 1 Night. I was shocked to see hotel staff inside my room while I was sleeping. They enter by opening the door with master key. I complaint to front desk he said extra guest was coming to your room and we were arranging mattress for him. I told him that at least you could have ring the door bell or you may call me from front desk but I don't like to enter anybody in my room while I am sleeping. This is also violation of my privacy also. Another thing there is no toilet closer on toilet doors.
Although room are neat and clean, breakfast was good.

Room Tip: Please be aware during night, hotel staff is having master key and they may enter in your room. Espe...
2  Thank 825RajeshC

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I stayed in the hotel from 28th Dec 2013 till 31st Dec. As was expected we got beautiful room in the hotel as soon as we arrived in hotel. Beautiful blue lighting in the room made it look more glorious. Staff was also very cooperative. Morning Breakfast was complementary, good variety of dishes. I enjoyed it. you can take pre-paid auto from station to reach there. In the evening, one can enjoy pool side view which is on the top floor. Most of the sight seeing are close by to this place. So no need to hire auto for full day. Just rent auto for specific location. it would be cheaper.According to me, best hotel to stay in this price range.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Mangohotelsjaipur, Manager at Mango Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2016

Thank you for your valuable comments .We will look into the suggestions.And hope to see you stay with us again.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

A good, neat and clean hotel. a very courteous staff. We requested for a late check out as our train to delhi was in the evening and our request was taken care without any hassles. the restaurant was good and our first night dinner except for the dessert ( Gulab Jamun was rubbery and one has to chew a lot first bite ) was awesome with some rajasthani specialities.
there were some issues during breakfast. eg. long wait for milk for cornflakes and really not that great taste and options for breakfast. I guess cook was overburdened as the stuff coming out of kitchen , poori or parathas lacked taste. Except for the kitchen which was partially disappointment a very good and comfortable stay of two days.....

Room Tip: I would advise to see the room before finalizing. leave the luggage at the reception and go and see...

Reviewed December 19, 2013

I wanted to get outside the hustle and bustle of Agra and this hotel was a definite improvement over what I had. It has a clean, sleek feel that even has aroma filtered throughout each floor just outside the elevators. Nice touch.

The staff is a mixed bag. Front desk staff was consistently excellent. But the wait staff is sometimes lazy. One meal I waited patiently - forever - before finally walking up to one of the waiters chatting away with his colleagues to get my bill. Still, the food at the restaurant was truly excellent, and the breakfast buffet was quite delicious.

Here's the major miscue. My first night there, a whole group checked out near mynroom about 10:30 pm and not only woke me up, but moments later a Mango staffer unlocked my door and walked into my room while I was sleeping! (Imagine how freaky that would have been if I were a solo female traveler instead of a solo man).

While mistakes happen, this was pretty outrageous. Worse, when I called that night and then next morning talked to the front desk in person they never really apologized. If I ran that hotel I would have fallen all over myself to make amends.

Nice hotel with the usual Indian traffic noise. But please Mango, train your staff better.

Stayed: December 2013