“Comfy Place”
Review of Jas Vilas

Jas Vilas
Ranked #5 of 385 Hotels in Jaipur
Reviewed March 22, 2014

This place is about 10-15 minutes by tuk tuk from the town center (city palace) in Bani Park. It's a large house with a lovely garden with a small pool opposite the rooms. There is excellent tile and ceiling work done by an internationally reknown artist in each room and throughout the property.

However, rooms are a bit small and sparse. Our bathroom, by contrast, was spacious. Furniture is also a bit tired which detracts from the spacious feeling you get in the common areas. WIFI is free but a bit slow.

Service is friendly led by the owner, but you do need to check up on things like getting back your laundry the same day; having a laundry bag and sheet delivered to your room; etc.
They organized an excellent driver to take us to Agra for a reasonable price.

The main detraction is the restaurant which serves very bland meals. Also, for most meat and more substantial dishes, they ask for a minimum preparation time of 45 minutes which is not convenient after a long day of sight seeing. If you want an Indian breakfast, this also needs to be ordered the night before. The standard breakfast is heavy on bread and cereal.

We would stay here again if passing through Jaipur but eat elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 20, 2014

We stayed at this small hotel for 2 nights during our Golden Triangle Tour and we thought it was a lovely place to stay. We were on the top floor but were given the choice of 2 different rooms which were both completely different from one another. Both were equally lovely and individual. The staff were very helpful and couldn't do enough for us. A nice breakfast was served in a rather quaint little Restaurant with very homely decor. Each room had its own little outside area with chairs. And the gardens and pool area were very well kept. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Love at first sight! Wonderful staff, always ready to help with anything! We have stayed for four nights and I wish we could have stayed ... well almost forever! Every detail is accounted for, the fantastic food, lush gardens, great ambiance and fantastic food! Delight and joy, if you decide to stay in or venture out! We visited Jaipur as our last destination in India and it was everything you dream about! I recommend this hotel as the true gem and so special in every way! I already miss it and hope to come back one day!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff were extremely friendly and very helpful and nothing seemed too much trouble.

They arranged airport pickup, I booked a driver for the day with them as well as an airport drop-off. It was a pricing system depending on time and kms driven so it was a bit confusing but I thought the price was certainly fair.

The room was big, a bit worn, but nicely furnished and the shower was good. The breakfast was good, eggs to order, bread, fresh fruit.

It was a lovely set up around the pool and being on the first floor I had a chair hung from the ceiling outside my room and because I was travelling with a friend who stayed next door we shared a table and chairs overlooking the pool area which was really nice. If you just have one room then you would potentially share that with the occupants of the room next door.

If you had the room at the front of the hotel on the ground floor, you had a nice garden terrace to yourself! Having a tasty, mango lassi overlooking the pool reading my book was very pleasant indeed. The location is one of the quieter areas so you would need transport to head to the markets etc but it does provide a sanctuary away from the madness.

I'm sure you could find cheaper in Jaipur, but I'd be happy to stay here again.

Room Tip: The room at the front does have a nice terrace (the crazy half-moon window shapes the room oddly) bu...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I am travel alone on this trip to Jaipur. The hotel room was good, nice and clean, I can manage to have a good sleep (I like high floor room). The staffs were very helpful (make me feel like one of the family), help me plan my trip, arrange taxi for me (Ambassador classic white taxi, old but I like it, ask for Mr. Sing). They gave me late check out at 7 pm. with complementary airport drop-off!

Remember: they provide good value room for the price. Make sure you know what you want!

Room Tip: I feel better at higher floor room but first floor give you nice sitting area next to swimming pool.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Jasvilas is a bit outside the pink city, set in a beautiful garden. Many of the rooms are newly renovated. The food (available only to hotel and personal guests) is excellent. Gracious, helpul hosts who will happily share their knowlede of India.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KCV999
Reviewed February 19, 2014

A very nice surprise very near to the Pink city even though you will need transportation. Ample and elegant furnished rooms, type 5 starts hotels. Good night sleep. Excellent service with a very good breakfast. It is more than worth what you pay. I understand why they had the best hotel for Tripadvisor 2 years in a row.

Room Tip: We had an aple and nice room with a patio and overlooking the front garden that was very nice
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family