“Very beatiful place with a flavour of art”
Review of Jas Vilas

Jas Vilas
Ranked #5 of 385 Hotels in Jaipur
Reviewed March 27, 2011

Very nice hotel with spotless rooms, decorated in a style similar to some rooms in the city castle of Jaipur. We had a very quiet room on the first floor facing the swimming pool.
Well maintained, large swimming pool. Restaurant with cozy dining room and excellent food. Very friendly, efficient service. Well working pickup service at the railway station.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 25, 2011

We again stayed at the Jas Vilas this Year and found it much the same as last year - an excellent hotel immaculately clean with very good owners, staff and food. The only thing I can add to my entry of last year is that this is the only hotel which I have found in India where the windows are cleaned on the outside ! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2011

I cannot say enough good things about Jas Vilas. We stayed there for 3 days and I have nothing but praise. The hotel is run by a lovely couple Mr. and Mrs. Singh, who did everything they could to ensure that our stay was enjoyable and we had everything that we needed. The hotel itself is beautiful, the rooms are spacious and clean and the bathroom are large and have running hot water. Our room was facing the beautiful garden (that sometimes has peacocks), the garden faces the main road, but we never heard any street noise, our room was quiet and decorated beautifully.

The hotel offers a delicious dinner buffet and a wonderful breakfast. We loved the food so much Mr. Singh was kind enough to give us the recipes to many of the dishes. Mr. Singh was also very helpful in arranging a car to take us to Jodhpur making sure that the travel agency we booked through took credit cards. The hotel also arranged for a car to take us sight seeing around Jaipur. I can't stress how kind and wonderful the owners of this hotel are, they genuinely want you to enjoy your stay and do everything they can to make sure that you do.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank NishaBuch
Reviewed March 4, 2011

Wonderful, family-run hotel with immaculate rooms and a lovely garden. I regularly travel to India solo and always stay here in Jaipur because it's such a home from home, and a quiet oasis in the middle of this frenetic city. Excellent food too.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 20, 2011

Jas Vilas was a wonderful quiet spot in a very busy city. Located a bit from the center gave it the privacy and quiet. Comfortable room (comfortable beds and good bathroom) overlooking a small courtyard with pool - a lovely setting. Two rooms in the front looking out onto the front lawn.
Attached restaurant was very excellent. Great service and food was very well prepared and served promptly.
Front desk was very helpful and efficient in looking after your all your needs. They also offer a free train pick-up, which we took advantage of. Great service!
All in all, very well done and a great experience for our India trip!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 25, 2011

The hotel itself is very beautiful, and the personnel is really wonderful: extremely efficient and attentive. we eat there every day and really liked it too.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2011

I travelled around Rajastan and Goa for a month and this was the best place i stayed. Firstly I arrived late in the evening and they provided a FREE pick up service - bliss. No need to cope with the taxi touts at the station. Lovely man with my name on a board. Security guard showed me to my room and i was stunned. It was so beautifully decorated. The bathroom had two sinks, bath and a shower that actually had pressure and hot water! Extremely clean with complimentary shower gel etc.

The bed was large and comfortable and I had blissful nights sleep. Breakfast was wonderful and plently of it with extremely helpful staff. Jaipur is a hectic city and if you are only there a couple of days you will have a sightseeing schedule that will exhaust you. Coming back here was wonderful. I ate dinner here both nights although the first night I went to a couple of restaurants recommended in Lonely Planet. I ventured into both but they were so dark and crowded that I immediately got in a tuk tuk and went back to Jas vilas where I ate a wonderful hme cooked meal and met some other lovely guests. So on the second night I decided to just eat there again - and spent a lovely evening in the company of a couple from New Zealand and two Italians. We ate well, drank rather a lot and then sat in the courtyard with an indian brandy and a cigarette. Much better than the restaurants of Jaipur - and incredible value for money.

On my final day I spent the morning at the Fort and then had some lunch at Jas Vilas and a wonderful chat with the owners who told me the fascinating story of the house. I wont spoil the surprise but it is such an interesting story. The owner's wife was so friendly and perfect English - i was sad to leave for my flight to Udaipur.

It is slightly out of the main city but is only 5 mins in a tuk tuk and I think it benefits from not being in the chaos of the city.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo