“Decent Mid Range Hotel”

Ranked #9 of 380 Hotels in Jaipur
New Delhi, India
“Decent Mid Range Hotel”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

We wanted a well located 'non hotel' property to stay for a weekend in Jaipur for our family, and found Meghniwas on TripAdvisor. It's a haveli kind of residence that has been converted into a hotel. It was an overall good experience. The location is excellent on wide road with ample parking the rear of the Hotel. The place is clean, with well maintained lawn in front-where the kids played and a pool at back to lounge around. There's even a resident cat that kept the kids entertained! The staff was attentive and helpful, going to extent of making bookings on our behalf, and giving us directions and tips to places around Jaipur. I would like to make a special mention that, some gold jewelry that I forgot behind in the bathroom in the morning was left untouched (despite the room being cleaned) when I returned at night. The food available is nothing to write home about, but neither was it bad. The rooms are big and comfortable. Definitely recommended as a nice place to stay in Jaipur, if one is happy with simple fare on the hotel menu or willing to explore the many food joints in Jaipur, besides this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
11 Thank D_Nallan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Staying at Meghniwas was such a wonderful experience. The hotel is super clean and the staff is very efficient and knowledgeable. Rickshaws were easy to find outside of the hotel and could take us easily for 50 rupees (<$1) to any restaurant on MI road. I have a great memory of swimming in the pool while my friend skyped her family from the swinging chair right to the pool and having two mango shakes brought to us (including to me in the pool!). How luxurious! For such a clean, and comfortable hotel it has great charm and personality. The owner of the hotel is always sitting out on the lawn and happy to talk to guests about India, Jaipur and his children. Recommend 100%! They even let us drop off our luggage early while we took a three day train trip to Jodhpur! Powerful AC and great restaurant!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Rochester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I stayed here along with a party of English ladies during a textiles holiday. Stepping off the coach after a 7 hour trip from Delhi where the roads are noisy, dirty, busy, and crazy with traffic, was like stepping into paradise. As soon as you are through the main gates and head towards reception the noise and busyness just melts away. Colonel Fateh Singh's wife Indu greeted us all personally with a garland of flowers, and the staff were very welcoming fetching us refreshing cold drinks. The room I stayed in overlooked the pool, was beautifully decorated, spotlessly clean and had an enormous bathroom. I enjoyed wifi, air conditioning and a fridge in my room, and it was cleaned every day and fresh towels left out.

The restaurant and food were an unexpected delight. At every meal time there was a banquet style selection of gorgeous foods, much from the owners own organic farm. We couldn't praise the food or the staff enough, in fact I didn't want to eat anywhere else. Outside the restaurant there are tables and chairs and garden swings to sit in and relax. There is also a computer room and a library of books.

When we sent out our laundry, it was back the same day, all neatly ironed and folded beautifully, I felt really pampered by my experience and would love to go back next year.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank minarety
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed April 15, 2012

My wife and I spent two nights in this family run hotel. The hotel is situated close to a street, but we were surprised how less noise you could hear. The rooms are clean and spacious. The garden gives you a fantastic possibility to relax and recover from the hectic in the city. In addition Hotel Meghniwas offers the guests a small swimming pool.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cako2011
amsterdam
Reviewed April 15, 2012

We were here last February with 3 people, for 4 nights We have had a very good time during our stay. The service is very good, the atmosphere is quiet and friendly, the food (breakfast and diner) is excellent!!! It is a family run hotel; the family takes good care for their clients. It is easy to go to town. In front of he hotel you can take a rikshaw or taxi. When we will visit Jaipur again we are sure we will come back to this hotel! We loved it! Joke, Vera, Wil, Amsterdam

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank joke a
Ghaziabad, India
Reviewed April 11, 2012

The property is a pretty one amidst a lot of other similar properties in that part of Jaipur (Bani Park). The rooms were very spacious and well laid out. There was a nice lawn to lounge around in and a swimming pool, which could be made good use of in the summer (we travelled in December). However, there were some sore points, the first being food- it was tasteless, lacklustre, staid and had no thought process behind it (the dinner buffet had fried rice with Indian curries). The a la carte service was also very slow. The other grouse that we had was when we asked for an extra blanket for our driver, they flatly refused us. Most hotels that we have stayed in around the country have provisions for driver's accommodation. While that might not be always possible, a blanket surely couldn't have hurt (in the biting cold of December). Also, while checking out, the billing was incorrect and the staff was totally confused when we pointed that out. This is by no means a slight on their behaviour as they were polite throughout. However, when you are running the ops of a hotel with some repute, more professionalism is expected

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Wayne
Reviewed April 6, 2012

After a hectice six hour drive from Delhi on the last day of a ten day religious festival, I was ready for peace and quiet. I loved the large room with the desk where i caught up on my journal, and the balcony overlooking the pool. I sat on the balcony reading "India Treasures" by Gary Worthington and next to pool was a young man playing a Sitar - perfect background music for a great book. I had lunch and breakfast, which were fine. I read an earlier review about good coffee, so I asked at breakfast if they had brewed coffee and was given a plunger-style coffee maker - it was great! (they "plunged" it before serving it to me and it hadn't brewed enough, so they gave me another with the plunger up for me to control). This was a trip tacked on to work, so I was without my husband and found this a good place for a solo traveler. You feel as though you are in someone's lovely old home.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo