“Ultimate Peace - Jai Mahal Palace”

Taj Jai Mahal Palace Jaipur
Ranked #7 of 381 Hotels in Jaipur
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Ultimate Peace - Jai Mahal Palace”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Not many people know in Jaipur that it is a Taj property- which is strange. Being Taj - service is undoubtedly good,I stayed here for 2 days. It is very peaceful here, no disturbances, no noise. The moment I entered I was greeted with a wet scented towel along with an Ice tea. One of the Best Ice teas I ever had, it was just perfectly made & along with the wet towel effect on your face & hands you are just refreshed in seconds.Well sorted property. I stayed in a suite which had an attached private lawn facing the swimming pool. Nice spacious rooms, good bathing area. Bathroom was very interesting with a 2 door window - like old times - opening in your room. Very strong colors in the room gives a lively feeling. Good Food. Staff is well trained to make individual travelers comfortable. They get into conversation with you while dinning & at breakfast so if you are alone you do not feel lonely. They have a Property tour in evening around 5:30 PM, where they take you around the property & tell you stories of the palace & its existence, which is interesting. Have Fun!!

Room Tip: If you are alone, try for a room in the main building along the reception area. As teh property is h...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Polish first
Ancaster, Canada
Reviewed January 22, 2013

This is an excellent hotel, particularly for its attentive staff. I've stayed at this hotel with my family twice over three years and we haven't been disappointed. Our more recent trip was over the New year a few weeks ago.

The rooms are nicely furnished and clean. Our ground level room had a patio with a bistro table and two chairs to relax in the sun. The grounds are well tended and I recommend an early morning walk. There's a large -- giant -- chessboard which makes for family fun on an off day. (In every new city, we usually weave a free day into a family sightseeing holiday trip that allows to sit, relax and just reconnect with each other at the end of a hectic year. The Jai Mahal Hotel is well suited for that purpose since it doesn't seem impersonal or too busy.)

The price point of the hotel isn't bad either. It is significantly less expensive than its sister hotel, Taj Rambagh Palace, or the competitor Oberoi Rajvilas. All in all it offers reasonably good value for money and centrally located.

During our visit, the front desk was attentive. Ms. Kanika made it a point to listen to the needs of our party and gave us excellent service and advice. My wife and I attended a morning yoga lesson which was both interesting and relaxing. (Although, beware, our yoga instructor was a trifle stern, so the message was, "Don't goof off!")

Breakfast is very good, particularly with Chef Bhabesh's omelets which can be augmented with South Indian dishes such as a dosa. The maitre d at the Marble Arch restaurant, Mr. Narendra, was very attentive as were various servers (Mr. Moolchand and Mr. Aslam). My wife's lactose intolerance was taken care of with a cup of cappuccino that was made with soy milk.

My only gripe is that the buffet dinner at Marble Arch was a little tired. Dishes that were ordered off the menu by a couple of us in our party took forever to arrive. This made eating our meal asynchronous for our party, i.e., while some were waiting for their dishes to arrive others were done. I'll be charitable here -- perhaps, that was an off day for the kitchen. We didn't watch much TV, but what we did see had unclear reception. I'm not sure if that was a local problem with our room or with the feed to the hotel. Again, it was a minor annoyance, if that.

We also attended a well organized New Year's Eve party at the hotel that showcased local musicians and dancers. The dinner was delectable and the assortment of beverages was satisfying. Mr. Prem took good care of us.

So there was just very little not to like. All in all, I'd go back there again. What makes this hotel tick is the fine hospitality staff that works there. They do their jobs well, take pride in their efforts, and seem to care.

Room Tip: Choose a room adjacent to the grounds and you'll get a patio with a bistro table and seating for...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Mumbai
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We had a small family holiday for 2 nights in this property and I must say, they were 2 days to remember. The hotel is true to its name and has all attributes of a palace. The service as always was Taj Standard and the property retains every ounce of the maharaja feel to it even now. The rooms are sort of a fusion of old and new (Although not as new as many Taj properties). One thing I would highly recommend is that you keep some time out to enjoy the facilities at the hotel. Grass Tennis courts, Chipping grounds and ofcourse the peacocks to give you the royal feel. Jai mahal is definitely a place to come back, its royalty but affordable. A special thanks to Narendra from the coffee shop and to ghanshyam from what I think the sports facilities for going out of the way to make things perfect for our family.

Room Tip: There are rooms apparently with private seating, which i presume will be better.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Chandigarh, India
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

We had stayed in the hotel for 2 nights for wedding function the hotel is really spacious and airy. The feel of the property is really classy, the swimming pool is also very good we were a big family and we really had a great time. I would suggest this property to all who are planning to visit Jaipur.

• Stayed September 2012
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We spent 4 nights at this wonderful hotel. The housekeeping staff were attentive without being intrusive. The rooms were large and beautifully appointed. The food was spectacular! The senior chef arranged a cooking class for us and taught us how to make some of his specialities. We enjoyed retreating from the busy, dusty city to this comfortable, spectacular palace.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Mumbai
Reviewed January 20, 2013

The Hotel Staff knows how to treat you as a Royal! The Hotel staff is very courteous. They made us very comfortable. The Restaurant Chef made it a point to check with us if the food was to our taste. The ambience of the Hotel is excellent. The evening cultural show was great! The chocolates served in the room were delicious.

Room Tip: They gave us a Big Room to fit an extra bed.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 19, 2013

My Official trip landed me in the Taj Jai mahal Palace, Jaipur for atleast 2 weeks.This is what I would call business mixed with leisure at best. The evening, that I was driven through the gates of this former royal palace turned into a Taj hotel, i fell in love with old world charm and grandeur. The lobby and the gardens all lit up beautifully, make quite an impression. I was welcomed with the traditional garland ceremony and a quick check in, led me to the the Deluxe rooms in the old wing of the hotel.My room ( photos attached) was beautiful with pictures of the royal women and men and old world royal decor.Breakfast each day was taken in the Marble Arch overlooking the palace grounds, peacocks at a distance dotted the gardens,sound of indian classical tunes, truly took me back to the bygone era.Evenings were entertaining with the traditional Rajasthani folk dance which took place practically everyday at 7pm for half an hour.The drum roll was like an alarm for me to walk down to watch the show everyday.My colleagues from around the world found it fascinating, as much as I did although i was an indian amongst them.Due to a tight schedule, i never took to the pool or spa.But overall my stay was wonderful, right from the stewards to the lobby manager, to the valets, the entire hotel staff was always smiling and making me feel so welcome.Amongst the restaurants, Cinnamon takes the cream in terms of food and ambience and u have to try the Rajasthani treats here.All in all, i felt like a princess ( read Jodha from the movie Jodha Akbar...lol) and I can't wait to go back and stay again at this esteemed address. Must Try for all who love to be in the lap of luxury and enjoy old world charm of the Royal Indian Era.

Room Tip: Rooms in the Old wing are actually more in touch with the royal theme than the rooms in the new wing
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business