Taj Jai Mahal Palace Jaipur
Arya Niwas(Jaipur)
$30
$27
Agoda.com
Hotel Anuraag Villa(Jaipur)(Great Value!)
$15
$13
$91
$83
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
2,410 results
All reviewsmarble archcinnamon restaurantchef pankajluxury roomflute playerroyal experiencebeautiful propertypuppet showspecial thanksindian restaurantswimming poollike royaltyduty managerf bhousekeeping staffexcellent hospitalitymemorable stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 2, 2012

This hotel was the HIGHLIGHT of my India trip. Definitely 5 star and worth every penny. Staying here made me feel like I was a visiting British princess from the late 1800s. The ambiance was amazing, the food was good, and the service was excellent. The hotel room itself was luxurious with fantastic amenities, etc. Great turndown service (with free mango and bottled water left bedside each night).

The free breakfast was good - not a ton of choices for a buffet - but overall, good for a free meal. The pool was amazing, and the pool service was luxurious (free bottle of water, rose water spritzer, towel, swim googles, sun screen, etc.). I felt really spoiled here.

The spa was the only disappointment - found the services to be lacking compared what I'm used to. My eyes were burning from having facial exfoliant rubbed in, and the 1.5 hour massage was only 70 minutes.

When I complained about the lack-luster massage at the time of checking out of the hotel, I was disappointed. It took a bit too long to get credited for the massage (60 minute vs. 90 minute). Also, I was overcharged on the wifi; this was never reimbursed which also annoyed me. I thought the wifi was free, as it never asked for a charge on the website, and when logging onto two devices, ended up getting a total of 5 charges for 3 days. Bit annoyed by being overcharged and having to fight to get good customer service at the front desk upon checking out (took 10 minutes to check with a manager, etc.); keep in mind the customer is always right!

That said, still loved it and would love to go back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Jaimahal, General Manager at Taj Jai Mahal Palace Jaipur, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very kind and thoughtful feedback.

Comments such as these always encourage us in enhancing our efforts to provide the best in hospitality and service.

We have noted your feedback in detail particularly with regard to SPA and Wi-fi for our consideration and we shall certainly work upon the same .

Thank you once again and we look forward to showcase our hospitality once again during your next visit to us !!

Kindest regards,
Deepak Cedric Menezes

Reviewed July 23, 2012

I was treated like a princess from arrival to departure. I'm currently working in Mumbai and when my colleague heard that I was doing the Golden Triangle tour, he got his bro to sort out my hotel booking in Jaipur. Jai Mahal Palace is absolutely amazing and I'm glad I didn't go lower budget as I've not experienced this kind of pampering before even from the Renaissance or the JW Marriott.

Welcomed by a red dot on my forehead and a lovley smelling flower garland, I was also provided with a cool towel and ice tea. The hotel manager and various staff made check in a breeze and I was totally relaxed by the time I got to my room.

My room was on the ground floor (234) which was roomy and I really liked the bathroom. Watching TV whilst in the bath is a bonus in my books and the towels were fluffy. The view of the gardens from the room was nice. There was a pillow menu which I perused, it took half an hour for my tranquility pillows to appear when I requested them at around 11:30pm. I noticed that the bed linen quality was a little rough for a 5 star hotel, it was comparable to the bed linen at the Taj Inn in Agra (see my review there). Perhaps I got an old batch of linen on its way out.

The biggest plus point for me is the amazing staff. From hotel manager to room boy (Gajarut?), everyone were incredibly helpful, spoke brilliant English and greeted me by name. For example, when the room boy arrived with the iron I had requested; he took it upon himself to show me the entire hotel grounds when I asked him where the various facilities were. There is a mini golf course, gym, pool table, mughal gardens and an observatory. When we walked past the swimming pool I mentioned offhand that I had forgotten my swimming costume, the room boy immediately asked the pool attendants if they had any spare. When they didn't, room boy enquired at reception for me and I was presented with a brand new swimming costume. Unfortunately it was about 3 sizes too small for me! But it goes to show how they'd all go the extra mile.

Unfortunately I stayed only one night and headed out to Chowki Dhani for the evening. Otherwise I would have loved to experience their nightly 7:30pm traditional dance show.

Will definitely return and also try out other Taj hotels.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am very grateful for your note complimenting the services and facilities of our hotel. Positive feedback from our guests is always a strong motivation to all of us to continuously provide a high level of services to our guests.

I am delighted to learn that you had an incredible experience at Jai Mahal Palace. I look forward to a fruitful association with you and eagerly look forward to your next visit to Jai Mahal Palace, Jaipur.

Kindest regards.
Deepak Cedric Menezes

Reviewed July 20, 2012

This is an excellent hotel. The rooms are nice, the front garden is beautiful, the services are excellent and the overall feeling is wonderful. This is undoubtedly on of the best hotels in Jaipur and one of the best by Taj.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Very comfortable hotel ,warm welcome .Large double bedroom with roomy bathroom. The room provided every thing we wanted and the service too was excellent.Food was average.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank C R
Reviewed July 3, 2012

best place to spend your money. they just pamper you & feel is fabulas. the room i got have a direct view of sea link. all things were properly appointed. Toilet provides you amazing facilities. in restaurant also a proper attention was given which is in other five star hotels is difficult to experience. on swimming pool also as i have 2 kids with me a proper & prompt attention to provide towels flots was given & at the time of comming out of pool 7 going to room bag was given to take away wet cloths without asking. which is rare.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family