“Authentic North Indian Hotel”
Review of Shahpura House

Shahpura House
Ranked #28 of 381 Hotels in Jaipur
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Authentic North Indian Hotel”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I was impressed from the moment I entered the hotel. The decoration was breathtaking and it gives the "Indian aura". It also speaks the story of the area's yester years. My room was also lovely, clean,has good wifi,tv and good shower.The hotel services was also good from reception,bell boy and waiter.The food served at breakfast was tasty and my experience on the roof top restaurant was nice.Only disappointment was that there was no dances since it was just after rain.I also enjoyed the Indian Aroma Therapy treatment at the SPA.
Overall, to me the hotel is superb. I bring home fond memories of the hotel.My friends who has seen the pictures too were impressed. I certainly recommend the hotel to those visiting Jaipur.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Latifah A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I have just arrived back from 3 weeks in India travelling from Delhi to Mumbai and stayed for 2 nights and without a doubt this was the best hotel I stayed at. A tranquil oasis in the chaotic streets of Jaipur. The bedroom was on the ground floor looking onto the swimming pool, it was large with a great size bathroom. The staff were attentive and the food was excellent. You could probably miss this hotel because it is hidden away but make the effort and you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: I had a ground floor room but the first floors have a balcony which look rather nice
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank ian d
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 14, 2014

A lovely hotel, tucked away from the throb of Jaipur in a side street. The incredible Heritage of the hotel is what strikes you first, with artifacts covering every nook and cranny. I stayed in a lovely room which features an outdoor terrace. It also featured a very large bathroom, TV, Wifi and a limited mini bar. The staff are really lovely and extremely obliging. I would absolutely recommend staying at the Shahpura

Room Tip: I would suggest avoiding a room close to the stairs, as it can get quite noisy
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Shoregirl66
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Again booked by our travel agent. This hotel is lovely, an old style heritage building full of beautiful decorations.
Our room was on the first floor .......beware no elevators here.
Restaurant and food were great, and the staff friendly, polite and helpful.
As with some other hotels there's no much around to walk to.
The pool is lovely but limited space ( not much good if you have a bunch of kids)
Everything was clean which is a bonus in India.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Liverpool
Reviewed April 11, 2014

This was a lovely hotel in a really interesting city and with hindsight we would have stayed for 3 rather than 2 nights to give ourselves a break from touring & travelling.

We had a lovely welcome by Eric and we were upgraded to a Royal Suite which was much appreciated. The whole hotel was spotless and the art work was wonderful. In the Suite and throughout the hotel there is so much attention to detail with various places to relax in. Free Wi fi throughout the hotel was a real plus as many hotels in India charge for this service.

The pool is in the shade late afternoon once we were back from touring but was still a great place to swim & have a read.

We enjoyed a nice meal at the hotel including a great fried spinach starter, a mutton curry & a vegetable curry plus rice and breads. The dance show was a change & was fine.

Breakfasts were ok with the normal choices, not the best we had in India but good enough.

If returning to Jaipur we would stay again with no hesitation.

Sent from my iPad

Room Tip: Room 109 was lovely with a decent sized lounge & a modern bathroom.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2014

The staff, the enviroment, the food, the area very quiet, the welcome,... The bedroom is large with large beds and comfortables. Reccomendable.If I go again to Jaipur I am quite sure I´ll go to the same hotel

Room Tip: We had a good welcome with a tomato soup, the staff was very friendly resolving all the questions we...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Bryan, Texas
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I am not sure but perhaps our tour company was evaluating this hotel because as soon as we were in our room, the tour company called to ask us what we thought of our room. When we first entered the hotel, the hotel manager Erick and two assistant hotel staff waited with us while our room was prepared and were very solicitous of our needs and making us comfortable. It is the most welcoming reception I have experienced at any hotel and I have been fortunate to have been able to travel to many countries. The hotel, though built in the 1050's, is family owned and is reflective of the mughal style decor. It made me think of how a hotel in British India may have looked in the 1800's. Our room was large, with a comfortable bed, modern bathroom with a great shower. The hotel was very quiet being on a side street in a residential neighborhood. The large sitting room was beautiful and the lobby was having the finishing touches done on murals being painted by a local artist. The hotel has a restaurant on the top floor with very good food ,great service and live music. On the first floor is a dining area where breakfast is served and has a small, adjacent bar. We spent two nights at the Shahpura House which was our favorite hotel of those we stayed in during our eleven day tour.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple