“Stunning property”

Ranked #28 of 386 Hotels in Jaipur
Twickenham, United Kingdom
“Stunning property”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed here in April 2012, it really is a beautiful property, very clean and very comfortable. The bed was so sumptuous! The staff were very kind and extremely helpful, the food was great too! In fact I cannot think of a bad thing to say about this unique hotel. The pool and surrounding area was very clean and it was a perfect place to relax, with a beer, following a day sightseeing, with lots of birdlife to enjoy in the courtyard. The roof top restaurant was splendid in the evening with great entertainment, but get up there reasonably early to get a good table position. The menus were international and authentic local cuisine in order to suit all tastes, the cost was very reasonable too. Thank you to all of the staff. If you are looking for a comfortable stay in beautiful surroundings go to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
DigrajSingh, Owner at Shahpura House, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words on your Shahpura experience. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed our Roof top restaurant with Rajasthani folk dances.

We at Shahpura House make sure that the team gives its very best to each and every guest who stays with us and endeavours to ensure that they have a memorable time with us. Thank you so much for recognising the team and I will certainly share your post with them.

We do look forward to having you back with us.

Stay well.

Kind regards,
Digraj Singh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

The picture here makes the hotel look a lot larger than it actually is, but irrespective this is a fantastic hotel. The location is fine for the sights and the pool/outside dining area is great to relax by. The service here is equally as good and we always found the staff here to be extra helpful. On our last night we mentioned we were leaving early the next day and the hotel were more than happy to have a breakfast tray delivered to our room before we left in the morning....a nice touch. The food here is also of good quality at lunch and dinner. The rooftop restaurant here is also worth a visit. I personally found the performance they put on pretty average but given the quality of the food and convenience its worth eating here one night so you don't have to go outside. Worth staying here in Jaipur. The rooms are very spacious and we actually had two balconies. The bathroom was also very sizeable. The only down side was a lack of natural light but that doesn't really affect the experience given we had 2 balconies.

Also - I must also note the behaviour of the manager (at least i think he was - long haired, slightly odd looking guy) as other reviewers have. He was very kind and polite when we arrived and seemed to want to show us our room. He then just stood there waiting for a tip. Having shown me where the bathroom was and the fact I had a balcony is hardly deserving of a tip given I'd paid the porters to carry my bags up the stairs and he really had done nothing out of the ordinary. Upon giving him some money he then asks if we are comfortable giving it....as if his awkward standing there initially didn't prompt me to do something I had not planned to. Didn't affect our stay but slightly odd behaviour given the other staff are excellent....maybe he feels left out that guests tip everyone else working there given the level of service they provide.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank sunit1000
Dear Guest,

Thanks for making a valuable feedback for our hotel and we are really grateful to you for appreciating our food, restaurant, room and the services. The same has been conveyed to the staff at different departments.

As far as the gentlemen is concerned, he gives his best to see that all clients staying in the hotel are satisfied and take good memories of their stay. But still if you think that his standing and giving presentation for the room and property has made you feel uncomfortable, so we are extremely sorry for this inconvenience caused to you.

We look forward to welcoming you back as and when you do visit us.

Kind regards,
Digraj Singh
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed here with our family. It was probably our favourite hotel in India. The staff were all very welcoming and helpful. The food was great and we enjoyed the nightly dancing. The rooms were great and the hotel was beautiful with its archways, stained glass windows and wall paintings. There was a man painting when we were there. We even had our palms read.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Deeley13
Worcester
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My first impression of this hotel was disappointing, but the more I looked around, the more I came to enjoy my stay.
This is a very colonial style hotel, with absolutely beautiful decoration, enamel and beaten metal ceilings in the public room.
The bedrooms were large and comfortable with enormous flat screen TV's.
Only thing wanting was adequate wi-fi in the bedrooms. They also provided us with an excellent packed breakfast when we left early morning.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Brisbane
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We, four female friends, enjoyed our two night stay in two twin rooms. The rooms and furnishings are like stepping back to the times of the Maharaja. Our bedroom and bathroom were clean and comfortable with great air con. Although we did not swim in the pool, we enjoyed a pleasant quiet drink and light supper of naan bread at the poolside tables. Breakfast service and food were well presented each morning with a variety of options and eggs made to order. All staff were polite and helpful, even delivering a complimentary cake to my room, when one of my friends mentioned to the manager, Eric, that it was my anniversary. WiFi was free but seemed to work best in the business centre - a common room that was fairly quiet during our stay. All in all, a pleasant stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Zaragoza
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We stayed here for two nights. The hotel is in a beautiful restored haveli. After a warm welcome, we were given a big, lovely room in the top floor, situated in a common terrace overlooking the resturant and with nice views of the city. Bathroom was huge, clean, with a wide shower with screen (not curtain). The terrace is perfect for relaxing in the evening having a cup of tea sitting in one of the tables. There is an open air resturant on a terrace in the middle floor which is also very nice. Breakfast was OK. It also has a very nice pool with surrounding garden. Would come back to this hotel without any doubt.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the upper terrace
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I have to confess that I was not expecting a great deal of this little hotel but it was a lovely surprise to find how charming and quaint it really was. The room was lovely with two balconies and the four poster bed was great fun. I could have done with m ore storage space for our clothes, perhaps and I could have done with a bath rather than just a shower. But it was a particularly spacious shower though I had to run the to water for some time before it became hot enough. The guidebook had warned us that the pool was small and it was. For someone like me who swims laps every day you have to use your imagination to create a good lap, swimming diagonally etc. But it was very quiet and you can have lunch near the pool too. Breakfast was fine - omelettes and the like are cooked on the spot and you can take it outside, eating poolside. But for me the rooftop restaurant was the highlight. The food was great and the ambience perfect. Sounds of the city close enough to enjoy but not close enough to intrude. The food was good and the service very good. All in all, a very good experience and very good value. I would make the same comment about the manager that another reviewer has made. He made a great show of his presentation of the room and then stood stockstill and silent while we stood wondering what he was waiting for. My husband realised sooner than I did what this was all about and tipped him at which point he made a big play about hoping that my husband was happy to tip him and so on and so on. I expect to tip waiters but not managers. But in no way did this spoil our stay. It was lovely.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple