1,921 results
All reviews rooftop restaurant beautiful hotel heritage hotel top floor royal suite sitting room four poster bed traditional style marble floors puppet show nice pool residential area quiet street indian restaurant like royalty stayed here for nights golden triangle tour
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

This is a very eclectic hotel. You feel like royalty when you enter. The staff are amazing, especially Eric. He makes you feel at home. This is my forth time staying here and they never disappoint. The rooms are clean, very spacious and good AC. Free wifi is a plus. Restaurant has good breakfast. Have dinner by the pool. Very nice!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Shahpura House only for one night, but I wish had more time there. It is a wonderful hotel with very friendly staff. Our room was absolutely beautiful and very clean. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom really luxorious. The food in the restaurant was also very good.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 26, 2013

After a long journey from depressing Agra we arrived to a warm welcome from Mr Eric Williams, he is so proud of his establishment - and rightly so. The rooms are spacious, with a big bed, coulorful quilts, clean bathrooms. The service is superior to any of the well known branded hotels with incredibly kind and attentive staff. The spa is absolutely wonderful and really is v for m! Dinner was a highlight in the form of tasty butter chicken, naan and pineapple raita but it was made even more wonderful by the truly kindhearted, well trained staff who leave you wanting for absolutely nothing. A very special place that I will choose should I visit Jaipur again!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Really good stay with a good location and a good food with a very good deco the roof top Resto is very good view and good high performance of dancers. The menu of buffet is very unique very good experience recommend to others. We really felt the atmosphere of old India in this hotel.I can't remember the name of it, but it was a chicken dish listed under Rajasthan specialties.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2013

(1) Never pay in advance. If you don't like the room (eg it's not the quiet room you requested), you have no leverage to negotiate as they now have your money.
(2) Be suspicious if you are taken into a side room by an older man who having booked you in and gives you a 20 second overview of the hotel and will not leave your room until you give him a tip. Here's a tip,Mr Williams, if I thought it would go towards sprucing you up I might have considered it. Instead, the person who brought 3 pieces of our luggage up two flights of steep stairs got a tip because he earned it.
(3) Don't eat in a hotel where the staff watch you eating or drinking. They could possibly be scared you will steal the crockery or glasses if they leave you alone or it could be that they are holding the walls up of the heritage hotel in case they fall on top of you before you've paid your bill.
(4) Never book a hotel in India in the 'low' season. Prices are generally heavily reduced for everyone who is not 'a foreigner' (Indian expression, not mine). This generosity often results in a celebratory party which can last until the following morning (in our case 4 am).
(5) Be aware that you must pay for any water you take from the fridge and if necessary the hotel will go into your dustbin to find empty bottles, bring them downstairs to reception at check out and confront you with the evidence of your voracious thirst.(They might eventually accept the fact they were the bottles you brought with you, if you labour the point).
Understand that the term 'heritage' does not always follow the westernised idea of old fashioned charm. It can also mean old and crumbling: the builder's new toy (a pneumatic drill) which he played with for 5 hours of our stay, is evidence of this.

Room Tip: No room in this hotel on my bucket list
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ScrabbleAustralia
DigrajSingh, Owner at Shahpura House, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear Sir,
I do appreciate your writing such a detailed review now after your stay with us.
I will not make any excuses for not meeting your expectations. I have taken note of the various issues raised by you and corrective action has already been initiated, where necessary. However, there are some areas where I am not in agreement with you and I do need to state my views.

Yes our GM checked you in, after explaining to you about the hotel and its facilities he took you to you room which was #115. After explaining about the room and its amenities your wife said that she has no change, to which he said no problem Ma'am I'm not waiting for this and then left the room saying the baggage will be here in 5mins. He shut the door and came down and never lingered for any tip AS YOU THINK Sir.

But still if you think that he waited or lingered for a long time then I'm extremely sorry that it offended you.

Secondly I must admit that I am a bit surprised and disappointed with myself on reading your comments about the service of our stewards. Its their duty to look after to each n every client to their fullest. The steward along with the Chef takes great pride in the interaction with guests and the high cuisine standards that we offer. I do apologize for not meeting your expectations and have personally discuss this matter with my stewards and captains.

Thirdly the celebratory party as written by you was not a party instead was just a music that too in their own(other clients staying) room. According to my knowledge there was no kind of music after 11:30pm and if as mentioned by you it lasted till 4 am you could have informed the reception immediately to stop it which didn't happen again.

Lastly, during summer i.e. the off - season time we do our maintenance & construction work to upgrade the current rooms & bathrooms. Also we do mention it during the time of check - in to our clients. To be precise the construction work goes on from 10am - 4pm when generally the clients are out for sightseeing and if any client has stayed back we there & then stop the work immediately if its disturbing them.

I will once again, on behalf of the entire team apologize for not making your stay what it should have been.

Also I would appreciate very much if you could give us a chance to look after you again.

Best Wishes,