1,894 results
All reviewsrooftop restaurantbeautiful hotelheritage hoteltop floorroyal suitesitting roomfour poster bedtraditional stylemarble floorspuppet showsmall poolresidential areaquiet streetindian restaurantlike royaltystayed here for nightsgolden triangle tour
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival we entered the room which was extremely hot. There are only two fans and one wall air condition unit. Which I have no idea why they didnt have running before our arrival. It was so hot in the room that our refrigerator didnt work. I thought it was broke but the maintenance man said its because of the heat. So we couldnt cool our water for a day. The pool was closed so I cant review that. And the breakfast buffet wasnt a buffet at all. It was never set up. I know its the slow season but at least put some fruit or something there. So instead of a buffet the staff just kept bringing us fruit and also asking us what we want to eat. It was really awkward. Especially the guy who just stood 4 feet from our table staring at me while I ate. I honestly never felt so uncomfortable before. Not sure if its a culture thing since it happened alot in india. But I wasnt expecting it from staff. On a plus note. The hotel is beautiful and the room was amazing. Just very hot in the summer time. I know it was the slow season. But dont try to cut costs when customers are there. And no a.c. in the lobby where we checked in. They had a unit just didnt turn it on.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 7, 2013

This was such a great find! The building's architecture is incredible and yes, it is the Maharaja's palace. The young Maharaja lives on one of the floors with his family. Eric Williams, the gracious and most knowledgeable manager welcomes you with personal attention. After a brief tea he escorted me to my room, which was a suite! I was on the 5th floor. Outside the room is a terrace where you can sit in the evenings and enjoy the sights and sounds of the neighborhood. On the floor below is an excellent restaurant on another terrace. While I was there, they featured a fun local music and dance show! All aspects of the room were great. The hotel also has a nice swimming pool, great for cooling off if you visit during the heat as I did. The breakfast buffet in the morning was more than ample and provided hot and cold dishes. In addition, one of the attentive staff will make you a delicious omelette. This place is one of those gems in lodging you're always hoping to find on your travels.

Room Tip: Not much view from my room, but since I was there during the heat I kept my window covers closed. The spacious room more than made up for a lack of view. Plus outside my room on the 5th floor was a terrace with seating and a nice city view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The haveli is nice, beautiful building. Comfortable room and good location.

The restaurant was a big disappointment…we had dinner there the night we arrived and it was the worst meal we had in India. The chicken korma was tasteless. Really really bad.

The airport transfer was overpriced - double what we paid coming from the airport using the pre-paid taxi booth. Luckily we negotiated with the same driver to take us back to the airport.

So overall a very nice haveli but avoid the restaurant and book taxis etc on your own.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2013

As part of our Birthday Adventure, we stayed here while exploring the Amber Fort. As a Boutique Hotel, full of unique design, cultural gems, and attentive staff. Entering the dining room for one last meal and finding the staff surrounding our table covered in Flowers was Literally Icing on the Birthday Cake. Absolutely Wonderful

Room Tip: The Suites on the top level have a huge Veranda to themselves and a wonderful open, panoramic view of the city
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Quite, clean, beautifully designed like a royal palace, everything fixed and functional, great professional service, very helpful stuff, amazing big rooms, great and very clean pool, tasty food, highly recommended

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends