“lavish Haveli”

Ranked #30 of 380 Hotels in Jaipur
New Delhi, India
“lavish Haveli”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

the entire layout is designed with precision, quiet area of ​​the new city, this noble residence (Haveli) offers rooms and suites with ornately.The rooms are spacious and comfortable providing a warm feel.Food is the best,The food is really excellent and the pool is very refreshing after a long day of visiting.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed October 24, 2012

i have very recently visited this hotel/property. I stayed from 20th to 23rd evening, 4 days here. I must say during my check in, I grew an idea that the stay here is not going to be good. Though the person who helped me to check in was trying to make me feel comfortable, yet i don't know why it was not at all comforting.
the facilities offered by the hotel are good and if you have money and want to pamper yourself, you wont be disappointed.
Stuffs are good, they take personal care of your preferences. Breakfast menu is pretty long, healthy and tasty. roof top restaurant is really cool. i must remember the old attendant in the restaurant, i called him "chacha" and he is having little trouble while he walks. if any of you are visiting there remember to be served by him. Food is really good, and taste is good too. but i wished the list of kebabs and continental dishes were longer.
i have stayed in "maharani suit", it does not have a balcony though. but the room is specious and decor has an royal touch. Bath tubs are expected in a suit, bit yet it was good.
summing up my experience.
rooms and foods are good, very good.
room service and attendants are good.
location is not good for a hotel, market is at-least a km away.
pool is small but good.
i will suggest you people to go there and have a good experience.
my initial odd feelings were taken away by good stuffs and their behavior. i must say thanks to one of the managers, Mr. Eric. he helped me with important information about my tour plans in Jaipur. my suggestion, be there and have fun.

Room Tip: i stayed in maharani suit, i liked it. you can give it a try to stay in the suits
2 Thank hotpot_garry
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed October 21, 2012

High expectations were shattered by the Manager (or whoever he was) who greeted us, told us how wonderful the hotel was and then would not leave the room until we had given him a tip. Unbelievable. The rest of the staff were very service minded and never asked for a tip. Everyone to their own taste but that hotel was far too overdecorated and a confusion of colour. Considering the number of rooms, there was a ridiculous lack of sitting area around the pool.
We had dinner at the pool - Good food but noisy entertainment on the rooftop. Location is not ideal as not every driver knows the way.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Stayed here as part of a tour of Jaipur. We were greeted at the door and welcomed with a complimentary cool drink. Nice touch. Registration was painless and the room quite spacious. Service very good, breakfast acceptable.
Unfortunately we only had 1 night in this hotel and would have liked to soak up the interesting decor if we had a chance. Would stay againb.

2 Thank robbotravel
tunis
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Exceptional heritage hotel with colorful decorated rooms are big and nicely decorated. It has beautiful Palace like architecture looks. The traditional Rajasthani menu is delicious. The spa is wonderful. The pool area is very nicely landscaped and the pool is clean and refreshing. The room service was excellent.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank RafaelE726
Valencia, Spain
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed at Shahpura house in Sept-Oct this year and has the most pleasant stay ever.

Though a little difficult to find- its in a residential area not far from the main shopping areas.

From the outside the place looked too small to be the hotel I had booked but once inside my doubts were cleared. The check in was quick and we even got upgraded from a suite to a royal suite (brownie points for that)!

The room was spacious and just what I'd seen on the website.

I'd read mixed reviews but the rooms, washrooms, etc were very clean. The staff was exceptionally corteous. We were shown around the hotel, the spa looked lovely but I didn't get any time for the treatments.

The open air restaurant looks beautiful at night and the cultural music and dances were mesmerising. The staff at the restaurant again was very attentive and every whim and fancy was catered to.

The swimming pool was chlorine free, sparkling clean and breathtakingly beautiful.

The breakfast room was exquisite, I felt like in a real palace! The breakfast variety was fair.

A thumbs up for every thing at the hotel. The food though not bad, was a tad bit too bland for my palate. But Jaipur being a tourist destination, I believe the food is made keeping in mind that foreigners usually don't eat too many spices. Having said that this repeat that the food wasn't bad.

I tried extending our stay for another two days, unfortunately they were all booked. That I believe says a lot in itself.

I am definitely coming back to Shahpura house on my next visit to Jaipur and I will recommend this hotel to all.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank bsamnani
Orange, California
Reviewed October 3, 2012

OVERVIEW: Shahpura House is an absolute must-stay in Jaipur. Walking into the hotel is like going back in time and being elevated to Rajput Indian Royalty. The service was excellent with friendly and lively staff. The hotel itself is beautifully decorated (words cannot explain – you must see it) and exquisitely maintained. Our room was fantastic and the food was great. The rooftop restaurant and entertainment was so fun! My stay at Shahpura house was one of the highlights of my trip!

LOCATION: SH is tucked away in a residential neighborhood far from the beeping and bustling of downtown. (If you don’t know what I mean by beeping, you have not been to India yet!) I loved the residential location as I felt a part of the local community by staying away from the tourist areas. The only drawback, however, is there are few stores or services within walking distance from the hotel. I did not mind this at all, however, because the hotel met my every need. Most of the major sites are about 30 minutes from the hotel – I would estimate the first gates to the pink city were about 20 minutes away. Amber Fort was about 45 minutes but that it is to be expected because Amber Fort in the hills outside the city.

SERVICE: Attentive, professional, friendly and fun! Everyone was very concerned about our well-being and happiness and did everything they could to make us feel like honored guests. The hotel arranged for an excellent driver who did not pull any tricks or shenanigans on us (no “just go in and shop so I can park in the shop’s parking space” tricks) and assisted us with every request – no matter how big or how small. The hotel owner is very smart: he hired a charming man by the name of Eric Williams who speaks fantastic English as a Guest Relations Manager. He will inform, entertain or facilitate anything a guest needs. Mr. Williams was always around when you needed him – and not around when you didn’t. This type of proper attentiveness is a delicate balance and I greatly appreciated his talents. For instance – when I returned from one of my excursions, it was raining. Mr. Williams called my driver and asked when we would be arriving. When we did, Mr. Williams was waiting for me at the driveway with an umbrella and a smile asking how my day was. (It was raining very hard.) From the dining manager, the bar manager, the bell boys to the room attendants, everyone was fantastic.

CLEANLINESS: The hotel was spotless. This is a major feat as the hotel is quite large with so many ornate carvings, furnishings, chandeliers and decorations. I never saw a speck of dust or misplaced object. It rained very hard during my stay and the hotel managed the large amounts of water with ease. When the floors were wet, there were always towels or mats at the entrances so you could dry your shoes. The cleaning staff was very busy every time I encountered them. Every nook, cranny and shelf is decorated with a vase, carving, figure or form so I know keeping the hotel in tip-top condition is no small task. Most of all, we appreciated that our room was exquisitely kept. The floors are large smooth tile and we never saw or felt a grain of dirt or strand of hair on the floor. (And my Aunt is the type who notices these things.) Bravo!

ROOM: We loved our room. I traveled with my Aunt who is a very discriminating customer and even she was impressed. We were fortunate to get a corner room on the second floor. When you entered, you came upon a sitting room with a desk, two cushioned benches and a coffee table. The bedroom area had a huge postered bed, armoire, table and desk. All the furniture was rich carved wood and everything was beautifully decorated. The bathroom was small but adequate. A minor issue was that the shower was very weak. From the windows to the walls, everything was beautiful and clean.

AMENITIES: The bathroom amenities were what you would expect and everything, I mean everything, had the Shahpura House logo! Everything we needed was provided and we were told that if we needed something that was not in the room, the staff was happy to provide it. I loved that they had a wall-mounted makeup mirror!

POOL/SPA: The pool was small but very clean and well maintained. We did not use the pool as it was raining for most of our stay. The sitting area near the pool often had many guests enjoying a poolside drink. The spa was petite but very nice. We enjoyed an Ayurvedic massage which was fine. I prefer a spa with access to a hot whirlpool, dry sauna, wet sauna, etc. and the spa at the SH was too small for such niceties. If you want a massage, or beauty services, however, the SH spa menu has a nice selection of services.

SERVICES/SHOPS/RESTAURANTS: No shops at Shahpura House which is fine by me (I don’t like Hotel Shops as they feel very corporate). If you need any service, the staff will connect you with anything you need. The rooftop restaurant had nice food and fun entertainment. The breakfast buffet was great and the staff was very attentive. SH’s Indian cooking was especially good.

SAFETY: SH is a boutique-style hotel so it would be very difficult for a non-guest to enter and roam the hotel. There is one entrance that takes the guest right by the 24-hour front desk so no one could possibly walk in unnoticed if the desk is manned. There is also a doorman podium at the drive entrance and no other driveway (that I saw) so the intimacy of the hotel made me feel very safe. The entire property has a large fence around it. Aside from the occasional neighborhood monkey – I doubt they get many intruders as it’s too small for a scoundrel to skulk about unnoticed.

CONCLUSION: I have traveled to many places in the world and stayed in many hotels. Without hesitation I can say Shahpura House was one of my favorites for so many reasons. Make the most of your stay and engage the lovely people who work there – you will feel like royalty and family. I loved this hotel!

Cheers and happy travelling!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends