As 2 families traveling through India for two weeks, we chose The Raj Palace as a special treat to be able to stay in a palace. It was the most expensive place we stayed the whole trip.
1) The breakfast - poor offerings that seemed like(and I am fairly certain were) leftovers unless you got the eggs freshly made, also the toaster makes a terrible screeching sound as it rotates, not a 5-star breakfast at all! I see now another reviewer made similar comments. Slow service at breakfast as well.
2) The Health Club - essentially nonexistent, if this is a 5-start hotel, it needs to have a good workout facility. Pool was not heated but that seems to be standard in India,
3) Spa Services - two of us had massages and although each person chose a different massage, they were essentially the same. Also, the masseuse asked for a tip at the end. Again, not a 5-start experience.
1) Rooms - beautiful, spacious and each one is unique. We easily we able to accommodate our two children in the room with us.
2) Service - very attentive, friendly and wanting to make sure your experience is great. The staff really worked hard on the New Years Eve party complete with fireworks.
3) Buildings and Grounds - very peaceful yet close to all the hustle bustle of Jaipur. The kids (ages 10-13) enjoyed exploring all the palace rooms and grounds. Fantastic outdoor chess set on the upper level.
We visited the Rambaugh Palace which is very slick and polished looking and more expensive. I like that The Raj Palace seems more authentic...like real people trying to pull off an authentic Indian palace experience for their guests. If they could just change a few things it would really make it a 5-star experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A truly magnificent Maharajas palace, located in the heart of Jaipur city. Tucked behind fortified walls, The Raj Palace is Jaipur’s former royal residence and palace. A multi award winning hotel. It is a first museum hotel, stately mansion and pleasure palace with restaurants, a spa, exclusive cinema, pool, gardens, courtyards and stunning decorative features. The Raj Palace is located on the main Amber Road and near to all the Major site seeing places and shopping areas are very near to the palace. It was Built in 1727 to be the Jaipur first palace it is an unrivalled specimen of the Pink City character, charm and grandeur. The palace was converted into an exquisite luxury hotel in 1996. Museum suites have been created giving the Raj Palace the honor of being the first palace hotel with such accommodations in India. The Raj Palace is a perfect blend of Old world charm with old Royal architecture, gardens and beautiful courtyards united with the world’s most modern facilities to make the guest experience most unique and unforgettableThink grandeur to the highest degree. 24 carat gold fittings, stucco, brocades, mirror work, hand-painted frescoes, massive crystal chandeliers, antiques and priceless artifacts, this is a monumental palace with an immense wow factor. Museum suites have been created giving the Raj Palace the honor of being the first palace hotel with such accommodations in the world.. The Raj Palace is a perfect blend of Old world charm with old Royal architecture, gardens and beautiful courtyards united with the world’s most modern facilities to make the guest experience most unique and unforgettable. The Swapna Mahal Restaurant has been richly decorated with real gold leaf work, a majestic rare crystal chandelier, rich palace furniture and a crockery museum housing centuries old collections. The Shikarbadi Bar decorated with finest hand paintings depicting hunting scenes, housing the finest wine. The Kebab Shop live bar be Que restaurant serving the most authentic Mughlai cuisine dashed with rich Indian spices is a food lovers delight, and any moment of the day, The Royal Lounge (Coffee Shop) is a privileged place. The choice of cuisine is extensive, from international feasts in the restaurant, delicious kebabs on the grill outside to traditional afternoon tea. Watch marionette theatre or a film and browse the various museum collections, from crockery to celebrity to hunting. Go to the spa to relax, the onsite Princess Boutique to shop and the countryside for safaris. A perfect blend of Old world charm with old Royal architecture, gardens and beautiful courtyards united with modern world facilities the Hamam swimming pool, Prakriti spa , Manoranjan Multimedia theatre, puppet show, Palmist and choice of booking special gala theme events can make the guest experience most unique and unforgettableThe Raj Palace is a proud member of Small Luxury Hotels of the World property and Five Star Alliance Club and also rated as Worlds Leading Heritage Hotel by World travel Awards Seven times in row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Prestigia, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Raj Palace Grand Heritage Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Raj Palace Jaipur
- Raj Palace Hotel Jaipur