“the hotel itself is so great so clean and confortable”

The Oberoi Rajvilas
Ranked #1 of 380 Hotels in Jaipur
jaipur
“the hotel itself is so great so clean and confortable”
Reviewed April 24, 2010

The jaipur is backdtrpo.The oberoi tajvilas is set in 32 acres of landscaped gardens with pavillions and reflection pools that creat the romance and gardens of rajasthan,Room,Luxury tents and villas with private pools are clustered around private.coureyareds in a richly embllished fort setting at the oberoi rajvilas supeb attention to detail creats a soothing blend of harmomius spaces.
that a graeat & multiusine hotel of oberoi rajvilas. i can says you staying after wonderful felling create.
Thank you very much for making our stay so pleasant!!!

• Stayed December 2008, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Polish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 12, 2010

I don't know what to say about the sheer magnificence of the Oberoi hotels. I must say that I was displeased by the fact that they were not even willing to discuss letting me buy out one of their properties for 3 or 4 days to give my wife the wedding she, at the time, really desired. I never would have thought that a company who clearly understands luxury and excess would be unwilling to at least listen to an offer. I'm no Bill Gates, but in this case I would have been pleased to pay any amount for the chance.
This is not to imply that I was able in any respect whatsoever, to find even the tiniest flaw in any other respect when it comes to any of the Oberoi properties. Maybe it just appeals to my taste, but I would say there is simply NO equal in beauty, service, quality, or even opulence. I truly hope, one day, to have the opportunity to meet the gentleman behind this company. I would love to put a face to those who created such magnificence, and likewise, spent the exorbitant funds necessary to do so. I have always felt that certain things go beyond the commonality, being truly "beyond money". this is such a place. No expense spared and awe-inspiring perfection is the result.

I don't have enough thumbs to express the love I have for what they do, and have done.

Just remember this is not the place if you even consider a budget for hotel stays. More than worth it's weight in platinum. To me, at least.

Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Scottdeez
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed January 28, 2010

Being at the Rajvilas was an experience - it kind of clouded being in Jaipur, since it's so far away from the city and kind of is an island of calm unto itself. However, if you bear that in mind then you will be fine.
The hotel is quite a distance from the city and as such is intended as a relaxation resort away from the bustle. It has been built on the lines of an old Rajasthani fort, over a huge amount of land (the only real ancient thing is the Hindu temple amidst the enormous grounds) and the rooms are far removed from each other, but still packed in small bunches.
This is a wonderful hotel - truly world class - and for the value, it delivers, though there are some negatives:
The rooms have no opening windows. Windows are purely for decoration and the temperature is controlled internally - this means you miss out on the lovely fresh air that emanates from the sprawling lawns.
For a hotel of this standard, they don't provide free internet, nor do they provide a cable in-room. It needs to be requested.
The central area - the lobby, restaurant and outdoor seating are all pretty cramped into one building. It would have been interesting to have a few drinks on the grass somewhere... but I guess that would violate the pristine beauty of it all.

These are the only drawbacks - those, plus the distance between the hotel and all Jaipur's wonderful sightseeing. Rajvilas delivers on everything else - service, food quality (coffee machine was broken though, so the coffee was not great), hospitality, in-room decor, pool ambiance and the general attention to guest needs. If location is not your thing and you have the money for it, staying at the Rajvilas is something you will not forget any time soon.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank lonnybom
China
Reviewed January 13, 2010

My advice is not to stay at the Oberoi chain hotels if you have children with you. My family and I were due to stay in a room (actually, a very large luxury tent) at the Jaipur Rajvilas for 2 nights, April 12-14, 2009. We were, however, on arrival at the hotel very late in the evening, informed that our two girls, aged 9 and 11, could not stay with us in this large tent, but had to book and stay in a separate one. The Duty Manager insisted that it was the Oberoi company policy to not allow children of this age to stay with their parents, and refused to deviate from it, so much so that we eventually left and went to another hotel, despite it by now being after midnight. My two girls were in tears, and were clearly very frightened by the Duty Manager. This was the first time they had been to India, and the whole episode sadly left them with a very negative impression of India and Indians. Personally, I would question the regard for international standards for child safety and protection. Every single person of the many I have talked to about this episode has been as similarly shocked as we were at the time. The question usually asked is how a company such as the Oberoi can have such a policy as stated by this Duty Manager, which seems to me to give no consideration to the state of mind of young children.

On the same holiday, we stayed at the Imperial Hotel in Delhi and two Taj hotels in Jaipur and Udaipur, all of which had staff who were very friendly, and all of whom were able to accommodate us as a family in the same room. The different approaches of these Duty Managers and Reception staff were so diametrically opposed that the message to families about these hotel groups and their policies regarding children is clear.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
16 Thank Gruntworthy
Anshul K, General Manager at The Oberoi Rajvilas, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Guest,

Our response is quite delayed but I hope that you will still take time to read it.

To begin with, please accept my sincere apologies for the incident you have described. I cannot turn the clock back but can attempt to change the perception you have of Oberoi Hotels.

My objective in sharing this information with you is to update you on the numerous efforts that have been made to promote family travel in Oberoi Hotels. This summer we offered a complimentary room for two children up to 16 years of age and are offering the room for children up to 12 years of age at 50% discount during winters. Our child policy also has been amended and now two children up to 08 years of age can be accommodated with parents in the same room. Guest comfort and convenience is the driving force behind these measures.

We have a completely different approach to handling families now and are indeed a family friendly hotel group. Family Vacations programme was launched in 2009 to encourage family travel to our hotels. The package offers a complimentary room for children and is still running successfully. Every summer we roll out a new family deal to facilitate family travel. Each Oberoi Resort has developed a set of unique experiences to indulge our young guests. Kids cooking classes, treasure hunts, block printing sessions, kite flying and horse cart rides are some of the experiences introduced at The Oberoi Rajvilas. The exhaustive list of these experiences is available on the Oberoi experiences website.

I sincerely look forward to hearing back from you. My direct email address is: anshul.kaul@oberoihotels.com.

Thank you so much again for your time.

Best regards,
Delhi
Reviewed December 13, 2009

It is a wonderful & fantastic place to stay in..simply awesome experience

• Liked — the ambience
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Royal Oak, MI
Reviewed October 10, 2009

My fiancee and I decided to get married in India after traveling there last year for business / pleasure. After eight stays at six Oberoi properties in the past year, the Oberoi Rajvilas was a natural choice, in large part because of the 263 year-old Shiva temple on the property.

Planning the wedding should have been difficult, particularly because my fiancee and I live in the United States and neither of us are Hindu. The Oberoi staff, however, made this not only easy but actually fun. They helped us plan every single detail, from hiring outside vendors for music, photography, and dance, to planning an incredible event from start to finish.

Our trip started when we arrived in Delhi and were quickly and easily ferried to the Oberoi New Delhi for a quick overnight stay. The next morning our driver arrived and we made our way to Jaipur. By the way, this is a fascinating trip, and my three children ages 16, 13, and 11 really enjoyed the varied and new sights along the way. But the fun was just beginning...

Our arrival at the Oberoi Rajvilas was magical. The staff was expecting us, and greeted us with enthusiasm and friendliness. Since we had met several of the staff the prior year it was like reuniting with old friends. We were ushered into the beautiful lobby, given traditional Indian greetings, and checked into our rooms with utmost efficiency. Luggage arrived easily, and since the Oberoi discourages individual tipping in favor of adding a service charge at the end, there were no awkward moments.

The staff at the Oberoi Rajvilas is absolutely incredible. The enthusiasm with which they perform their jobs, and the incredible friendliness with which they treat their guests, is second to none.

Our ceremonies began the day before the wedding with Mehendi, where the staff arranged a gorgeous champagne brunch accompanied by traditional live Indian music and two henna tattoo artists who spend three hours decorating us. That evening we were then treated to the most amazing dinner, with an enormous buffet of 10 or 12 different dishes, including a real tandoori oven. All of this was presented outside in a private villa area, with nearly a dozen local Indian musicians and dancers performing just for us. Magical.

The following day we were given nearly three hours of traditional spa treatments, and then the ceremonies began. The Oberoi graciously arranged for wedding costumes to be made for us, and the staff divided us into mens' and women's groups and helped us dress. At the appointed hour a horse-drawn carriage came to pick up my children and me for the Baraat, the traditional procession to the temple. Accompanying us was a veritable parade of musicians and dancers, and women throwing rose petals in our path. As we arrived at the temple, we noticed it had been thoroughly decorated with more flowers than I've ever seen in my life. The priests welcomes us in, and then the glorious moment came for my fiancee's arrival.

She was welcomed into the temple with a large entourage, then we proceeded to enjoy a two-hour traditional Hindu wedding ceremony in the temple - which the Oberoi even arranged to have air conditioned for us! The ceremony was beautiful, funny, touching, and downright the most memorable occasion of my life.

After the ceremony we were paraded to a central courtyard where we beheld a stunning sight: the hotel had arranged for two horses, to camels, two elephants (yes, ELEPHANTS) to parade us to the reception site. Did I mentioned elephants?!?!

Our reception was, as you can imagine, beyond compare. We sat like kings and queens on traditional floor pillows, and were served a dinner that lasted nearly six hours while being regaled - again - with live music and dancing. The hall was decorated with gigantic floor "paintings" made of flower petals.

As if the night could get any better, when the reception was over we discovered the hotel had moved our clothes to a suite that is beyond anything imaginable. The entire suite, including the large private pool, was decorated with thousands of marigold petals and candles, with champagne, snacks, and a personal gift from the staff - a wedding photo album, the first page already graced with a beautiful photo of my wife and me.

A final touch - the next day, as our van pulled out to drive toward Agra for a Taj Mahal visit, the entire staff lined the driveway and waved as we drove out. My new mother-in-law couldn't stop crying, as she was so touched by this final class act.

As a postscript, we stayed at the Oberoi Amarvilas in Agra that night - and the Rajvilas had called ahead and arranged for suite upgrades, complimentary wine and champagne, and a wonderful wedding cake.

Not only is the Oberoi Rajvilas the most beautiful hotel in the world, it is operated by staff who feel like family. We've never gotten over the sense of pride they take in their work, in their service, and their genuine excitement at our joy. Something about this place is...magical.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
8 Thank Triperrific
India
Reviewed October 3, 2009

We stayed for six nights / seven days at the Oberoi Rajvilas in a breakfast and airport transfers included package. First of all, the property is just amazingly beautiful - The rooms (standard) are large and well laid out and all have sunken baths. The pool area is also amazingly lit up during the nights. The food was very good - a little repetitive for six nights stay, but the chef rustled up different dishes on our request. The best was the warmth and friendliness of the Oberoi staff - they went out of the way to make sure we were comfortable - for example they organized a special pool side dinner as a surprise on our last night of stay, prepared specific itineraries at short request, etc. It was a very relaxing and luxurious stay. The spa massages were also very good and the staff customised it to our requirements (we had the earth, water and fire massages)
If there is anything against the property is that it is a little far from the main city (about a 20 min drive) - though the oberoi did organize very comfortable transport for us.
Overall, very highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple