“Exquisite Experience”

Ranked #1 of 380 Hotels in Jaipur
New Delhi, India
“Exquisite Experience”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We've stayed in wonderful hotels all over the world...excellent service, wonderful rooms, great cuisine, beautiful pool and gardens...these are hallmarks of great hotels. The Oberoi Rajvilas simply outperforms any other hospitality experience and is truly in a league of its own. Fresh macaroons arriving in our rooms, children's slippers waiting for them by their bedside, a perfectly poached egg for breakfast, a special candlelit table overlooking the pool (including butler, chef and personalized ipod music) for our anniversary dinner, many many small and large acts of kindness that made us feel like we were pampered beyond expectation....Anshul Kaul (the General Manager) led from the front and personally ensured that each day was full of special treats and pleasures. What a world class Indian brand - the Oberoi's have created standards of service and attentiveness that nobody can match. We cannot wait to return.....

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Anshul K, General Manager at The Oberoi Rajvilas, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

I don’t have words to thank you for this feedback you have sent about your recent experience with Oberoi Hotels, and especially about the warm, intuitive, proactive and genuinely friendly yet professional service.

Service excellence with the urge to anticipate and comply with the guest needs is what we believe in.I am thrilled to know that you got to experience the best of our hospitality. Thank you so much for appreciating all aspects of your memorable experience with us.

The Oberoi Rajvilas team looks forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Jaipur.

Best Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
  • Polish first
London
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Stayed here for three nights! By far the best serviced we have ever received in any hotel. Given a beautiful villa with a private pool, personal butler and what not! Din't feel like leaving.

Mom and I are still awestruck by the property and the service under the management of Anshul Kaul, that we are writing and publishing a two page blog.

Would not be fair to name any one member of the team as everyone went beyond the call of duty to make our stay a memorable one!

Thank you Team Rajvilas!! Three cheers to you!

Room Tip: All rooms are unique and well appointed !
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Anshul K, General Manager at The Oberoi Rajvilas, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

The team and I are delighted to read detailed and encouraging review. Thank you so much.

Our endeavor is to be known for friendly, intuitive and personalized service and it is great to know that you were impressed with the personal touch in our service delivery.

I would also want to thank you for your compliments about our food. I will share your review with my entire team which will only motivate our ‘ladies & gentlemen’ to continue and strive harder to excel in providing exceptional and delicious experiences to our guests.

Best Regards
Alexandria, VA
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed in a little villa room decorated in the British Colonial style. The bath had a glass wall looking out into a tiny private garden. Again, we were checked in in the room, and the process was seamless. The pillows, ah! the pillows. . . so deliciously soft and fluffy, although I understand there was a pillow menu, there was no possible way to improve upon these. Dinner both nights was in Surya, and very good, though the first night, I found the chicken biryani to be curiously bland, revealing, rather depressingly, that instead of a staple symphony of simple Indian cooking, what I had gotten was rice. And chicken, of the order of nothing BUT rice and chicken, easily recognizable as that which I feed my dog when he's suffering a gyppy tummy. The chef, however, realizing that the meal was being approached somewhat sadly on my behalf, and was, perhaps, not the way to go here, created for me on the second night a chicken biryani that was positively ambrosial, with excellent spice and texture. I note that the chefs at all the Oberois are more than willing to go the extra mile if something is not to taste--in this case he stepped up and was absolutely right when he twinklingly assured me that he could prepare the dish exactly as I hoped. The staff is unobtrusive but helpful; the hotel is simple and elegant--impressive, but not overdone-- and a place I actually thougnt worth a 17+ hour travel time to get there. The pool is fabulous, with the little spouting elephants and braziers lit at night to illuminate the area with flames. Little details were seen to, such as the lovely floating arrangements of petals and leaves in shallow waterbowls, or the immaculately manicured grass, and contributed to the feeling this was a little slice of paradise. It seems a smaller property, compared to, say, Udaivilas, but it was also the one that I considered the most warm and welcoming. It was not in mid-Jaipur, but I frankly consider this to be altogether an excellent thing. Great place to relax after the colorful chaos of tourism.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amyjayne
Anshul K, General Manager at The Oberoi Rajvilas, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

I apologize about the Biryani on the first night, but I am thrilled to know that our Chef was able to spice up the second Biryani experience, and deliver how it should have been in the first place.
Our resort offers an excellent opportunity to relax and unwind in tranquil surroundings and this is what our guests appreciate the most about us as it balances the vibrant and bustling charm of Jaipur.

The team here makes me proud by consistently delivering friendly, personalized and unobtrusive service to all our guests. Our team and the service they offer is our guests. Our team and the services they offer is our biggest strength. Appreciation in this regard from patrons like you means a lot to us. I have shared your comments with everyone.

It is evident that you were completely charmed by the Rajvilas experience and we look forward to welcome you back soon!!!!

Best Regards,
delhi
Reviewed September 30, 2013

have just returned after spending 2 nights at the rajvilas in jaipur. previous reviewers have already talked about all the wonderful aspects of this magnificent property but what i feel makes it really stand above all the other hotels is the quality of the service they provide. not only do they make you feel like royalty from the moment you step on the property, but the slightest hint of anything going awry and the staff are ready to move heaven and earth to set things right. on our last day, our lunch order took 35 minutes to arrive and i mentioned this to the lady serving us. Not only did she, and every other waiter there apolioize, the FnB manager also stopped by to apologize, as did the Chef himself! The food arrived within minutes of my complaint and my party of four were then served a platter of complimentary desserts. truly, truly wonderful

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Oberoi Rajvilas for your stay and for a fantastic review.

I am proud of the team at The Oberoi Rajvilas for the ‘Royal’ experience they created for you. The team will be thrilled to receive your comments and the generous appreciation!

I apologize for the food delay but I am glad to know that the team made every effort to make up for the ‘not-too-good’ start to your dinning experience.

We look forward to welcome you back on your visit to Jaipur and assure you of the most memorable experience.

Best Regards,
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed September 28, 2013

The visit was in the lean season (July 2013), end of summers, a bit of monsoon and not too many people wanting to holiday at this time of the year in Jaipur.

Got a good deal, my wife was glad that I was taking a break and we could spend some quality time with our two year old daughter.

The approach to the resort was rather disappointing, and we were unsure what lay ahead.

Once you cross the elegant gates of the Oberoi Rajvilas, in a moment you are transformed to a different world. The beautiful entrance, the lighting, the lush greenery and the sound of water just take you in.

You are pleasantly surprised by the fact that the guard opening your car door address you by name and the hotel staff comes all the way out to welcome you and escort you in. The traditional tilak and a refreshing drink is followed by you being escorted towards the resident areas, I'm intrigued that there is no check in formalities. A memorable experience of Rajasthani hospitality has only begun!

The hotel lobby is breathtaking with beautiful chandeliers and a grand piano. The small boutique shops have a decent collection of momentos you can take back (a couple of notches expensive than what you can get on the outside though)

As you move towards the suites, the serenity and greenery of the place strikes you. Most of the staff addresses you by name and you feel as if you already belong here. Though there are battery powered carts to take you around, we prefer to walk as a mild drizzle sets in, our two year old daughter is liking the open spaces and is already running around. Out of nowhere, a staff member comes up with an umbrella to keep us dry!

The suites have a feel of privacy and feel of an era long forgotten. The king size wooden bed, the windows overlooking the vast lawns, the cosy study table along with the soft lighting make you feel as if you have traveled back a 100 years with all the modern amenities of today.

A special mention of the bathroom, one side made of see through glass (duly guarded by high walls that maintain your privacy), that make you feel closer to nature. The sink down bath tubs were our daughter's favorite through our stay.

Some small gestures that stand our in our memory. The staff had placed a baby sized bath robe and baby size room slippers keeping in mind they have a young guest too! There were baby toiletries (diapers, baby oil, baby cream, etc.) that we would need for our little one.

The resort is a pleasure to walk around, some suites are in the form of tents that give you a feel of being part of a hunting expedition during royal times (we skipped it cause they were a tad expensive), there is the suite that Bill Clinton stayed in (has its own swimming pool), the 300 year old temple with its lotus ponds, the spa that offers expensive therapies should you wish to splurge.

Our kiddo loved the peacocks that were all over the place. You will be woken up to the pleasant cooing of the peacocks and every now & then you can spot one around your window. Evening are the best time to see them in large numbers.

There is a tennis court, mini golf course and the helipad (that I assume Bill Clinton used when he arrived).

The restaurant has a small menu (probably due to the season), but the quality and quantity amaze you. During the peak seasons, they have an elaborate buffet. The staff is quick to offer replacement in case you are unhappy with anything, they offered baby portions of anything else that our little one was happy eating and did not fuss about billing every small item we requested.

As we were new to Jaipur, and unsure how to drive around, the staff took the effort of pulling out maps that we could carry with us, and drew some hand drawn ones for ease of reference. Made us feel comfortable in the new city.

The last day, we decided to order breakfast in the room, it came in a 19th century carry along case that housed the cutlery and all things we had ordered. The lady staff stayed all through serving us hot toast and making tea the way we would like it. The poories (fried & puffed wheat breads) were a bit cold, so she asked the kitchen to send new ones, the speed of service and continuity of experience all stood out.

The hospitality, cleanliness, quality of all things, the attention to detail and warmth of the staff make it all a memorable experience.

I believe, the resort and the experience during the normal season would be all the more lovely, The Oberoi Rajvilas is a resort for all seasons if you want to get away from the humdrum of the world and want to slow down and get some pampered time & space for yourself and family.

My wife and I will in all likelihood stay at an Oberoi property when we plan our next vacation.

Room Tip: Check out the pictures of the rooms on the website before you book. Ask for an upgrade if available.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Anshul K, General Manager at The Oberoi Rajvilas, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Wow what an amazing review.

I am really happy that you had an incredible experience with us and were able to relax and unwind. Rajvilas is a place to be if one is looking for a relaxing holiday. Lush green gardens, Cascading fountains, tranquil pools and wide species of birds.

Best regards,
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 22, 2013

To wake up to the view of the Taj Mahal was simply stunning, the hotel facilities were first class, including a butler service, I didn't use it, but was made aware of it.
The evening entertainment outside while eating a fabulous dinner made the night unforgettable with dancers and traditional drums.
I loved it here. Thank you for an amazing stay

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Anshul K, General Manager at The Oberoi Rajvilas, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with Oberoi hotels and for sharing your experience.

I understand from your review that the review is for Amarvilas our property in Agra. I shall pass on your comments to management team of Amarvilas. I absolutely agree that view of Taj Mahal from Amarvilas is simply stunning in the morning. It is very special to know that you have such a great impression about service at Oberoi Hotels. Thank you for your comments on the ambiance and atmosphere at the Bellevue outer courtyard.

Feel wonderful to have an ambassador of the Oberoi hospitality in you and look forward to welcome you again!!
delhi
Reviewed September 17, 2013

we went for our anniversary to the oberoi rajvilas. it was a great experience. the staff were very good and helpful.its huge an d beautiful interiors. the food was outstanding and delicious. the room and bathroom was spacious and very clean. you tend to feel in this place you are a queen and this is your palace..... everything was excellent and it gets 10/10........love to go back again for a holiday....

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Anshul K, General Manager at The Oberoi Rajvilas, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am so proud of the team at The Oberoi Rajvilas for the 'Royal' experience they created for you. The team will be thrilled to receive your comments and the generous appreciation!

Delicious food and attentive service left a great impression on you. It feels so special to receive such feedback from our guests and I am overwhelmed each time by the commitment of our team to create fond memories of our guests.

Thank you for your compliments on the quality of room. Simplicity and elegance is what defines our rooms and indeed the lovely bathrooms are a highlight!

We are thrilled to have you as an ambassador and look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Jaipur!