The Oberoi Rajvilas
Rambagh Palace(Jaipur)
$351
  • Pool
1,557 results
All reviewsabhishek sharmasunken baththe general managerhindu templeprivate gardenluxury tentsindian restaurantrose petalspeacocks roamingan oasismain buildingbeautiful hotelnew delhifour poster bedlike royaltygolden trianglethe entire staff
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

You can expect the luxury, creature comforts, and amenities that come with the Oberoi name, and then more!
The Rajvilas is not only charming and cosy, but feels more like staying at an old friend's sprawling mansion rather than a hotel. Staff is to be commended for their high level of dedicaion and service.

• Stayed: April 2013
Anshul K, General Manager at The Oberoi Rajvilas, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us.

I am happy to know that you experienced the best of Oberoi hospitality at Rajvilas and that the team made an impression with friendly and personalized service.

It is the most special compliment when you say that whilst at Rajvilas you felt like staying at a friend’s mansion. This is the experience we strive to provide to each guest who walks in through our doors and being appreciated for our efforts is very encouraging.

Please plan another holiday with us soon. All of us look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I'm fortunate to have stayed in some wonderful properties on my travels and of course Oberoi has exactly what you would expect from a super star hotel, wonderful, professional service and attention to detail. What the brochures don't tell you is that somehow Oberoi manages to employ staff who are extraordinarily kind, not only professional, efficient and thoughtful of course, but immensely kind. It's a rare commodity in hospitality these days, that gentleness which singles out a staff member who observes and does more than can be expected at even the highest standard.

We were travelling across India with my 90 year old father-in-law, wheelchair in tow so you may imagine that we had need of many extra degrees of help on all our stages of the journey, and that help was always forthcoming in this heavenly hotel. Yes, the peacocks are, shall we say, delightfully strident but what a joy to look out of your bedroom window and see those fantastic creatures! The buggy arrived as if by magic and a ramp was laid to my F-I-L's villa to aid his access.

My husband and I happened to eat Indian food for every single meal in our ten day stay in India. Heaven! My F-I-L needed a much more bland diet but as always the staff were ready with suggestions and special preparations. His birthday cake was a delight, although not on his diet! Did that stop him? No! We hadn't requested it; it simply arrived on our second night. I had just mentioned that this trip was his 90th birthday treat.

Dining out in the courtyard of the restaurant with flares lighting the mellow walls was gorgeous. The musicians were perfectly set, the wait staff looking more like rajahs than waiters! I just had a broad smile on my face for the whole stay. I'm only sad that it was so short due to the hectic schedule imposed by the 90 year old who wanted to see everything. Believe me it's true!

I gave up a morning of touring to sit at the pool and meditate. There's a beautiful pair of shaded "pagodas" with sunken pillows at the pool entrance and one of them gave me a perfect place to reflect on this wonderful morning. Even now as I remember the humanity of Rajvillas I'm smiling.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Anshul K, General Manager at The Oberoi Rajvilas, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

I feel like a 'Maharaja' after reading your review. Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and for taking time to patiently write a detailed review of your experience.

It is simply amazing to receive this appreciation from a seasoned traveler like you. I absolutely agree that I work with a team of excellent professionals who with their friendly personalities, efficient service and genuine care for guests enhance the overall Rajvilas experience.

I am very happy to know that the team was attentive towards your father in law's needs and surprised you all with a special 90th birthday cake for him. Beautiful memories for all of you!

Peacocks - they are symbolic of Rajvilas now and it is indeed a delight watching them elegantly stroll through our gardens. Sure you loved seeing them from your room windows!

Thank you for your comments on the ambiance and atmosphere at the Surya Mahal courtyard. It gives a feeling of dining in a fort and coupled with good service is magical.

Good that you created the opportunity to spend a morning at the poolside and just relax. It is serene and so beautiful and the ideal setting to unwind. All our guests love it!

I am moved with your comment about a broad smile on your face throughout your time at Rajvilas. Being able to bring a smile to a guest's face means the world to us! This is the essence of hospitality and I consider it as the best compliment from a guest to a host.

It is very special to know that you are thinking about us and smiling. The fond memories you have from your stay with us will bring you back soon and we all look forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

My wife & I spent 2 nights last week at Rajvillas.

Words can't do justice to the absolute delight we experienced by this exceptional hotel. We've never stayed in a better place nor experienced such genuine hospitality like this. The level of service exhibited by Mr Kaul and his team is such that it convinced my wife & I that we were Royalty! Mr Kaul was UNBELIEVABLE, right from the very little things to the big things, he showed us the real meaning of service and (unfortunately for other hotels!) he has set our expectations very high! One of the highlights for me was when he found out were we were staying in the next city and he called ahead to that hotel's manager to welcome us and see to our needs!

While the luxury tents were unique, the food was some of the best we've had anywhere in the world. I would go back just for the awesome Tandoori Raan at Surya Mahal & the signature Paan Ice-Cream at Rajmahal.

Thank you Mr Kaul & team!

Room Tip: stay in one of their Luxury Tents, it is unbelievable!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Junaid R

Dear Guest,

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for choosing to stay with us and for a fantastic review.

It is very encouraging to receive such appreciation and I will proudly share it with all the team members who contribute in creating beautiful experiences for our guests.

I am delighted to know that you were impressed with the friendly, thoughtful and personalized service delivered consistently throughout.

Raan and paan ice cream are special and I am glad you loved them. Our Chefs will be happy!

Feel wonderful to have an ambassador of the Oberoi hospitality in you and look forward to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Our final stop on golden triangle plus tiger tour staying at all Oberoi hotels - all were fantastic which I have reviewed separately, but the Rajvillas was the best of a great bunch. Loved the room beautiful big four poster bed and the gorgeous sunken bath. The hotel is styled like the fort with stunning gardens running through it. The pool area is lovely too. Both of the restaurants were absolutely fantastic. The Indian was one of the best Indian meals we have ever had and living in London we go to some really great Indian restaurants. The chef took us into the kitchen and gave us a demonstration of how he made the scrumptious mini naan in the tandoori oven. Both the chef, Meet and his assistant Vipen helped me make one and they were so lovely and friendly and as for the naan was simply the best I've had. The other restaurant had an even better setting and the food was equally as good. One of the waiters, Pradeep had a lovely chat with us and then brought me a box of mixed tea bags to take home - how lovely. The service throughout the hotel was simply outstanding from check in, meals, concierge just every detail. The general manager comes around and speaks with all of the guests and seems genuinely interested in you having a nice stay. I have zero negatives simply one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Anshul K, General Manager at The Oberoi Rajvilas, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking time to write a detailed review of your experience.

I am extremely happy to know that you had an overall great stay. The best is that each interaction you had with our team has become a special memory for you. This is fantastic! The thoughtful and personalized service you received all over, especially in our restaurants Surya Mahal and Rajmahal fills me with a sense of pride. We have a team of highly efficient and friendly team members who make the Rajvilas experience very special.

We thrive on encouraging feedback from patrons like you. Thank you so much for bestowing such wonderful compliments upon us. We will celebrate being your favourite Oberoi Hotel!

All of look forward to welcome you back and assure you of more amazing experiences on your return trip. We will do everything possible to become your favourite hotel in the world!

Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

The place is one of its kind. Averaging just 4 rooms per acre, you are sure to experience nature in its most beautiful forms, bounty greens and vivid birds.

The staff was extremely courteous.
The dining was excellent.
We went thinking that may in Rajasthan would be extremely hot, but to our surprise due to this abundant greenery in the hotel, the weather was cool. And to add to it, the spell of rain for half an hour made it even more amazing.

We saw the peacock dance with full open feathers, up and close!

Overall it was an amazing experience.

• Stayed: May 2012
Anshul K, General Manager at The Oberoi Rajvilas, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to review your experience.

Our resort offers a perfect setting to unwind and relax in beautifully landscaped green surroundings and I am happy to know that you enjoyed the atmosphere and the gardens.

Compliments on service mean a lot to us and is a big motivation. Thank you for sharing with us that you were impressed with the courtesy of staff in all your interactions with them. I will pass on your feedback to everyone.

Food & Beverage team and the Chefs at Rajvilas are grateful to you for your appreciation of the dining experience. Great to know that you liked the cuisine!

Please plan another holiday with us this summer. You know that you can beat the Jaipur heat with the very refreshing Rajvilas experience. Looking forward to welcome you back!