“Paradise”

The Oberoi Rajvilas
Ranked #1 of 383 Hotels in Jaipur
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Just stayed here for 3 nights and were so impressed by everything. Even the drive from airport vastly improved with a tunnel that just opened. Jaipur has so much to offer that you should spread out sightseeing and shopping so you can enjoy the hotel. The pool area and the spa are top rated. I agree that charging for wifi is ridiculous but suggestion was well received by the manager. We also loved the fact that gratuities are given at the end in one envelope at checkout. Never expected to have such a luxurious experience- a must stay!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lulanne
Anshul K, General Manager at The Oberoi Rajvilas, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking time to review your experience.

I am delighted to know that you had an excellent stay.

The tunnel on the access route to the resort has really made the drive very simple - much less traffic and shorter journey! It was much needed.

I totally support your idea of balancing the holiday in Jaipur between sightseeing, shopping and enjoying the hotel facilities. There are plenty of interesting activities at the resort which are not to be missed. In addition, relaxing at the pool and walking in the gardens listening to the birds is something which I would highly recommend. Spa therapies, yoga and meditation sessions and temple blessing can be put together into a holistic package for complete relaxation. There is a lot to do at Rajvilas and we would want all our guests to benefit from that.

We charge for wifi as we offer a seamless and efficient service and 24 hours breakdown support. However, your opinion on this subject is well received.

Thank you for appreciating the centralized gratuity policy at Oberoi Hotels. We understand that it plays a big role in making the guest experience hassle free.

We are all thrilled to have a Rajvilas ambassador in you and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Jaipur.

There are newer reviews for The Oberoi Rajvilas

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We were here for Devali, we had a lovely evening with excellent food and live entertainment,
the hotel was a quiet retreat, with the usual high standards of the Oberoi's.
The hotel is well positioned, but you need a car to get into the town.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Anshul K, General Manager at The Oberoi Rajvilas, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your stay with us over Diwali and for sparing time to review your experience.

I am glad to know that we lived up to your expectations and that you enjoyed the serenity of the resort.

Your comments on the Diwali festivities and food are very special. Our Food and Beverage team is grateful to you for recognizing the efforts they put in to plan a memorable evening.

We are proud to have an Oberoi ambassador in you and look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Jaipur.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I was very impressed with this property but the staff, especially the General Manager has to take some action. Restaurant...4 servers ask you the order again. Court yard...not enough room for people walking and golf carts zooming by. I almost sprained my ankle. On my last day I waited 45 minutes for a butler and finally packed my belongings only to find out that the butler service was out of order in my room for a week. I would not stay here again.At least not if I am in Jaipur for 2 days. The property and the villas are beautiful.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank tirelyna

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay and for the detailed feedback about your experience with us. Please accept my sincere apologies about the incidents you’ve highlighted in your review. Thank you so much for highlighting these incidents to me, and I will assure you that I will personally look into resolving them so that they do not reoccur again. I also want to thank you for your generous comments about our property and especially the Villas.

I have already addressed the importance of unobtrusive service in restaurants with the entire team. You are absolutely right, clear communication is vital for delivering a seamless, efficient experience, and I am sorry that service in our restaurant fell short of this while you were here. We will continuously train and coach our team so restaurant experiences are in line and only exceeding guest expectations.

We have certain golf cart driving rules in place at the resort keeping I mind the safety and comfort of all our guests. One of these rules is for the team members to stop the golf cart a safe distance when they see guests approach and let the guests pass first with a greeting. Clearly there has been an aberration to this that has inconvenienced you. I am aware that you brought this to the attention of our Rooms Division Manager and he subsequently addressed it with the entire team, so as to avoid any such recurrence.

The issue with the butler service was due to a sudden breakdown which we were able to rectify immediately after you highlighted during your check out. I sincerely apologize for this technical glitch caused a lot of inconvenience to you in the early hours on the departure day. We should have clearly explained this to you before you left the resort. I would like to humbly mention that we would never allocate a room to a guest where a critical service like butler calling is not functional. Please accept my sincere apologies again for this.

Understandably, these incidents have spoilt what could have been a great stay and you have not left happy. I sincerely request you to give us another opportunity to welcome you on your next visit to Jaipur so that we can showcase the best of our hospitality.

I will appreciate if you can please write to me at anshul.kaul@oberoihotels.com whenever you plan to visit an Oberoi hotel and I will make all the arrangements and ensure that you have a memorable experience. May I also request if you can send me your contact number on my email, so I can call and personally apologize to you about this?

I look forward to the opportunity of meeting you again and of being able to assist you in planning another holiday with Oberoi Hotels.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

This property was truly amazing . Have travelled the world and without a doubt the friendliest and best staff ever. They never missed a beat.Bungalows are spacious and well appointed. Grounds and peacocks -- beautiful. Tijori boutique has beautiful jlry among other lovely items.
Best Italian food have ever had in the world! It was truly sad to leave the "family" we had just made after only 2 days.
Rooms Manager, Vikas Sawhney is incredible. This is definitely a well -oiled machine----great team!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Anshul K, General Manager at The Oberoi Rajvilas, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your recent stay and for an amazing review.

I am proud to be working with a team of fantastic individuals who with their tremendous commitment to quality service create unforgettable experiences for all our guests. It is so special to know that you were impressed with all your interactions with the team. I will personally pass on your appreciation to everyone including Vikas who made a great impact.

Thank you for sharing with us that you found the room comfortable and enjoyed the gardens and the birds there.

Our Chefs will be ecstatic to know your comments on the Italian food. Generous praise from patrons like you is surely very encouraging for the culinary team.

It is so inspiring for us to get to know from guests that they felt at home and were treated like family. This is the biggest recognition for all the efforts we put in. I can't thank you enough for this feedback.

Your 'family' at The Oberoi Rajvilas is eagerly looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Jaipur. Please plan it soon!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I'm checking out later this morning after a delightful three days. The manager, Anshul Kaul, is one of the best I've met. He sets a tone at this hotel that is friendly, courteous, engaging, but never obsequious or in your face. That tone seems to flow through to the entire staff. It has been an extremely pleasant stay.

I've been in one of the tent rooms which are very "luxe safari" and fun. That said, I would be content staying anywhere at this hotel.

One gripe, echoing others, is that they charge for wifi. I am in and out of the room a lot and end up re-upping and it drives me crazy. They should just include it in the room rate. It detracts from the otherwise blissful experience. That is obviously not a deal-breaker, but is so out of step with the otherwise greatness of this place that they should change the policy.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank TSF3333
Anshul K, General Manager at The Oberoi Rajvilas, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for a 'fantastic' review of your experience.

The generous appreciation you have bestowed upon us is very encouraging. I will personally share it with everyone. I am fortunate to be working with a team of highly motivated and efficient individuals focused at delivering superlative service and creating memories for all our guests. Thank you so much for sharing with us that you felt this positive energy all around the resort.

Our tents offer a unique experience, one very close to nature. I am glad to know that you enjoyed being in a tent and that it was comfortable.

Internet is chargeable at Oberoi Hotels as we offer an efficient set up and continuous technical support for a seamless experience. However, I acknowledge your feedback and will take it further. I am confident that a decision will be made in this regard in the best interest of guests and keeping their convenience on priority.

We look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Jaipur.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed here for two nights , the hotel is stunningly appointed with beautiful grounds . Staff extremely efficient & pleasant, rooms very comfortable - cannot fault in anyway. Pitch & putt not Augusta- but satisfied our golf withdrawal symptoms , for a bit of fun. Stay if you can!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Dear guest,

Thank you for your recent stay and for sharing your experience with us.

I am extremely happy to know that you had a pleasant stay and were impressed with the quality of service. We strive to be recognized for superlative service and comments such as yours inspire us to do better each day. I have personally passed on your feedback to the entire team.

A comfortable room is the most important element in the overall experience and makes a huge difference to the guest' stay. Thank you for letting us know that you were satisfied with the room product and found it very comfortable.

Please let us know what we can do to make our little putting green better for guest use. We will really appreciate inputs from you in this regard.

All of us look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to the pink city. Please plan a trip soon!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We spent 3 days here. Great villas in great gardens...beautiful surroundings. Old colonial feel to it. Took a tour every morning and then chilled out by the pool in the afternoon. Only way to do it. The fort was absolutely fantastic. The hotel is a 8km or so out of Jaipur but probably better for that...good to get away from all the chaos. make sure and walk the souk/markets...

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for your stay and for the lovely review! Positive feedback from patrons like you is the biggest encouragement for us and drives us to improve constantly.

I am glad to know that you had an excellent stay and got an opportunity to spend few leisurely hours each day at the pool and in the gardens. Balancing time between exploring the destination and enjoying the hotel is the best plan for a holiday!

We have several experiences available to engage guests who wish to spend time at the resort. Blessing ceremony at the temple, yoga and meditation sessions, history talks and interactive Indian cooking classes are some very popular activities.

Please plan another visit to The Oberoi Rajvilas soon and indulge in some of the very special experiences without stepping out of the resort. We look forward to welcome you back!