The Oberoi Rajvilas
Treebo Bliss(Jaipur)
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
1,537 results
All reviewsabhishek sharmasunken baththe general managerhindu templeprivate gardenluxury tentsindian restaurantrose petalspeacocks roamingan oasismain buildingbeautiful hotelnew delhifour poster bedlike royaltygolden trianglethe entire staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Rajvilas, and just as importantly Rajastan and India was the setting for our second honeymoon and my wife's first visit to India. In short remarkable in all manner of ways to all the above. On Rajvilas itself we were upgraded from the Trident, Jaipur (itself a great hotel with excellent service and a wonderful view of Jal Mahal) and stayed for only 24 hours. The grounds, the restaurants/food, service, rooms, pool, etc was all world class and an absolute getaway from anything I had stayed at before. What struck me too was the peace and quietness and overall ambience. Having never stayed at anything like this before it was in short breathtaking. It's not cheap, but if your unsure about India I strongly suggest you try Jaipur (including Amber Fort) and Rajvilas - you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Honeymoon or the alike ..
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Anshul K, General Manager at The Oberoi Rajvilas, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for an amazing review of your experience at The Oberoi Rajvilas.

I am glad to know that you had an excellent stay in all aspects and felt that we offered you the perfect setting for your second honeymoon. This is fantastic!

Tranquil and serene ambiance at our resort is ideal to relax and unwind while exploring the vibrant Jaipur. Thank you for recognizing this very special characteristic of the Rajvilas experience.

Jaipur occupies an important place on the tourism map of India but we need support from travelers like you to get the impetus which is much required to establish it as a preferred holiday destination for the world. We appreciate your backing of this cause and would love to have you back in Jaipur and at Rajvilas.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

When visiting Jaipur, we enjoyed our stay at the Oberoi Rajvillas. We stayed in a tent, and relaxed for a few days.
The property is amazing. It's leaded pane glass doors to the dining room, the water Lillys floating on the moat outside the castle style main building, the surprise altars and floating flower arrangements- all lovely.
The Oberoi makes you feel like you are their most important guest: our tent had a dozen red roses waiting, and they checked you into your room at your room. Someone even came to help me put on my sari for dinner and help me get dressed! They refused a tip.
Breakfast was yummy, dinner was romantic and you feel like you are lost in a time when service was discreet and unobtrusive. We really enjoyed ourselves. Do make sure you wear comfortable she's and walk all around the property. It's a nice treat. Down side: if you are in a tent and wearing heels, you might need to call a golf cart.
Spa is just lovely.

Room Tip: Stay in a tent for maximum privacy
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you sparing time to review your recent experience at The Oberoi Rajvilas and for your generous appreciation of the resort's design and ambiance.

It is positive feedback from patrons like you which motivates us to do better each day. I have personally shared your comments with the entire team and they are delighted on being appreciated for their efforts.

Our team is always encouraged to involve themselves in personalized interactions with the guests to understand their preferences and needs and create fond memories with little touches. I am so glad to know that our team was able to make your stay special.

Thank you for sharing that you enjoyed the dining experiences. Our culinary team is thrilled with the review!

Indeed, one thing not to be missed while staying at Rajvilas is to walk around the lush green gardens admiring the natural beauty and many birds. We highly recommend this to all our guests.

All of us look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Jaipur.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

We had stayed 12/15 to 12/18 at this property. It is a beautiful property with tall trees, birds, peacocks giving a romantic feel to the property. The service was Great when they were able to accomodate our needs. I would give the room a 5 star rating and the two lovley bears they gifted our kids was a lovley surprise for them. They went an extra mile to accomodate our safari thru their sister property which was a Great help for our day trip safari.
My only reason for an average rating are as follows: After a long trip from our safari we were pretty tired and to my dismay the bedsheets were stained. They were promptly changed upon complaining but we were tired and we just wanted to sleep. I wish the house keeping paid a little more attention to the details. Also the housekeeping guy who walked into our room inadvertently carried the bird droppings into our room. Needless to say that we were so tired we decided to tackle the issue next morning. The bird droppings were a Great menace during my entire stay. I could not walk into my room without stepping on them. When talked with the service they clean it only once in the morning. For the amount of birds they have and for the Five star tag that the hotel carries they can have the cleaning done atleast twice a day. Also they had in their list of kids activities, nature walk which when I had called said the expert is not available so they will not be able to do it !!! Plain simple do not advertise which you can not accomodate? Also the horse cart riding which was supposed to be complimentary was not available either during my stay. Overall a Great property but I wish the stay would be even better with a better management from the hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room close to the lobby if you do not want to walk too much.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank siris170
Anshul K, General Manager at The Oberoi Rajvilas, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking time to give a detailed review of your experience.

I am happy to know that you had an overall good stay and were impressed with ambiance of the resort. Thank you for your appreciation of the efforts made by the team to organize your jungle safari in Ranthambore. I have shared your comments with everyone concerned.

I profusely apologize for all the trouble you had to go through with regards to housekeeping services. I completely agree that with so many birds around, we have to be extra careful with cleanliness of all guest areas. There is a cleaning schedule which is diligently followed but perhaps the frequency of the cleaning routine in a day specially in guest room clusters can be looked into. Cluster cleaning is done twice a day but I understand that we need to be more vigilant in between the scheduled cleaning slots and address any issues as and when they arise. Team members with access to guest rooms have also been briefed about being more careful to avoid incidents like the one which happened during your stay.

With regards to activities for children, it is indeed required that guests are proactively informed of any scheduled activity not being available. An expert was not available during your stay but a nature walk could have been organized with one of our horticulture team members. Also, the horse cart is available daily between 12 and 5 p.m. except one day which is the weekly off for the caretaker of the horse. It was his weekly off on 15th December but he was available on 16th and 17th December. I am so sorry that you were not given accurate information about both these activities. I have taken this up with the department concerned.

I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you and showcase the best of the Rajvilas hospitality.

Please write to me at anshul.kaul@oberoihotels.com whenever you are planning a holiday with Oberoi Hotels next and I will be glad to assist you.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights and as expected the accommodation was absolutely first rate. What made this hotel stand out on our trip was the customer service received while there. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and when the manager stops to say hello and see how things are you know you are in a special place. Look forward to returning one day

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank David H
Anshul K, General Manager at The Oberoi Rajvilas, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review on your recent stay with us.

I am glad to know that you were impressed with the quality of your room and the service you received throughout your stay. Encouraging feedback from patrons like you drives us to improve our standards constantly. It is very kind of you to share your experience with us.

We attempt to achieve better understanding of guest needs and effective service delivery with personalized and frequent guest interaction by management repesentatives. Thank you for noticing and appreciating this.

The Oberoi Rajvilas team looks forward to welcome you back on your next trip to Jaipur.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

The grounds of this hotel are enormous , beautiful and very peaceful. We had booked into a tent, which was divine , it was a very upmarket tent and there was no camping involved . The first night we h ad room service as we had a long travelling. Outing day. The service was excellent, we spent the next day around the hotel to have a well deserved rest before touring Jaipur and containing on our tour of India .

The swimming pool is beautiful and very relaxing .

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank tigerbeer
Anshul K, General Manager at The Oberoi Rajvilas, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to know that you have left completely charmed by the luxury tent you stayed in and as an ambassador of the Rajvilas experience.

Thank you for sharing that the serene ambiance at the resort helped you relax and unwind and get ready to explore the vibrant pink city. Your comment on the swimming pool is also very special.

Entire team at The Oberoi Rajvilas looks forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Jaipur.