We have arrived this hotel late at night after a long train trip from Agra. Even though our train ticket was first class AC you may bet how unbelievable it was. I am not even talking about the train stations and the people, you have to see it, it is indescribable. You should lower your expectations about train travel in India. Hopefully the whole story twisted 360 degrees when we arrived Rambagh. When we first saw the gates and the garden, we realized that we made the right choice. The extraordinary scents of Jasmin and Mandarin oils strike us when we enter the lobby. First time in my life we proceed right to our room and made all the check-in arrangements in the room, with a very kind representative. We learn that they have upgraded our room to a historical suite which was a real home to a real Royal back at the times. You should enroll to Taj Inner Circle program before your arrival, therefore your chances for an upgrade increases. Overall our first impressions was excellent and the to be honest it was a real shock after train travel but we have quickly adopted to it.
Overall in our 2 day stay with my wife everything was like a fairy tale. The palace was not big but elegant. The gardens and the bird life gives you the tranquility you might be missing for a long time. As I have said it was like a dream world. The people are so kind that you may feel yourself as a rude person compared to them. The restaurants are also nice and the European food was the best compared to other places in India. The chicken burger is maybe the closest thing to a real burger that you can find in whole India. The only negative thing if you call it negative, was that there was no open buffet breakfast. So definitely get the rooms with breakfast otherwise you might find the breakfast menu a little bit expensive. But if you get the room with breakfast you can order everything for free.
Overall it is a little bit pricey but it worths every penny. So don't even think about it if you have resources and spoil yourself. You will feel like a Maharaja.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- About Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces: Established in 1901, Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces is one of Asia's largest and finest group of hotels, comprising over 119 hotels in 61 locations across India with an additional 17 international hotels in the Maldives, Malaysia, UK, USA, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Africa and the Middle East. From world-renowned landmarks to modern business hotels, idyllic beach resorts to authentic Grand Palaces, each Taj hotel offers an unrivalled fusion of warm Indian hospitality, world-class service and modern luxury. For over a century, The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai, the iconic flagship has set a benchmark for fine living with exquisite refinement, inventiveness and warmth. Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces is part of the Tata Group, India's premier business house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, DerbySoftTaj, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rambagh Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Rambagh Palace Jaipur
- Taj Rambagh Palace Hotel Jaipur
- Rambagh Palace Jaipur
- Rambagh Palace Hotel Jaipur
- Rambagh Hotel Jaipur