The hotel has quite a few good points such as:
- Welcome and check in being very efficient
- The history tour with drinks at the end
- Indian music in the evening
- Historic building
- Most staff were very pleasant.
Compared to most hotels in India this one knocks them out of the water but then the cost is also much greater. When put into that context I thought the following really let it down:
- While mostly good food one pudding we ordered hadn't been properly defrosted! An expensive restaurant shouldn't really be defrosting food to serve!
- If eating outdoors be aware of the squirrels that run all over the tables and we even caught one cheeky one going over the the remainder of the saffron rice we had ordered (on an adjoining table)! The staff didn't seem to mind these animals presence.
- Massive lawns but nowhere to sit out on them (i.e. no loungers and the few benches that were there were covered in the remnants that the birds had left).
- Staff consistently looking for tips.
- Construction work going on.
- Over zealous security stopping and asking for your room number as you wander around the grounds. Are a couple of westerners really likely to cause much trouble. If there really was a massive security breach like the mumbai taj mahal then these guys would be no help anyway, so why bother people when they are trying to relax.
So on the one hand I would probably stay here or the oberoi if going back to Jaipur but in my mind it doesn't compare favourably to other international hotels that charge a similar rate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- About Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces: Established in 1901, Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces is one of Asia's largest and finest group of hotels, comprising over 119 hotels in 61 locations across India with an additional 17 international hotels in the Maldives, Malaysia, UK, USA, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Africa and the Middle East. From world-renowned landmarks to modern business hotels, idyllic beach resorts to authentic Grand Palaces, each Taj hotel offers an unrivalled fusion of warm Indian hospitality, world-class service and modern luxury. For over a century, The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai, the iconic flagship has set a benchmark for fine living with exquisite refinement, inventiveness and warmth. Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces is part of the Tata Group, India's premier business house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, DerbySoftTaj, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rambagh Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Rambagh Palace Jaipur
- Taj Rambagh Palace Hotel Jaipur
- Rambagh Palace Jaipur
- Rambagh Palace Hotel Jaipur
- Rambagh Hotel Jaipur