Wow! That’s the expression I would use to describe my experience at the Rambagh Palace. It would be blasphemous to call it a Hotel and classify alongside millions of Hotels across the world, coz this is a Palace property which has retained all its old-world charm while being modern at the same time. The moment you enter the property, there is a Hotel (vintage) car to take you inside, where you are accorded a welcome fit for Kings & Queens. We were upgraded two levels (and this has no bearing on my overall rating to the property) and the suite was luxurious to say the least. There are vast lawns where you can spend time with various birds – predominantly peacocks, use the indoor pool (strongly recommended) which is bigger than most Hotels regular pools, play croquet or table tennis; basically there is something for everyone at Rambagh.
There are three restaurants; Suvarna Mahal – Visit this place not only for it being one of the best fine dining restaurants in the country but for the complete experience of hospitality, great ambience and delectable food (Indian Cuisine) Must eat the Lal Maas (spicy) and Mutton Nihari (non spicy). Steam – Set in an early 20th century train (yes its a complete train with engine, bogies and a platform!) serves primarily pizza & Pasta, a meal here is also must do. The Rajput Room – This is an all day dining restaurant, where the breakfast buffet is served.
Another advantage of this property is that its situated right at the heart of the city, so accessibility to any part of the city is not a problem – though I don’t see why anyone would want to leave the Palace to head out
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- About Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces: Established in 1901, Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces is one of Asia's largest and finest group of hotels, comprising over 119 hotels in 61 locations across India with an additional 17 international hotels in the Maldives, Malaysia, UK, USA, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Africa and the Middle East. From world-renowned landmarks to modern business hotels, idyllic beach resorts to authentic Grand Palaces, each Taj hotel offers an unrivalled fusion of warm Indian hospitality, world-class service and modern luxury. For over a century, The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai, the iconic flagship has set a benchmark for fine living with exquisite refinement, inventiveness and warmth. Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces is part of the Tata Group, India's premier business house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoftTaj, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rambagh Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Rambagh Palace Jaipur
- Taj Rambagh Palace Hotel Jaipur
- Rambagh Palace Jaipur
- Rambagh Palace Hotel Jaipur
- Rambagh Hotel Jaipur