2,026 results
All reviewspolo barrose petalsrajput roomhistorical suiteindoor poollike royaltyvintage carsindian restauranttaj groupmoment you arriveroyal experiencebeautiful propertymemorable stayan oasisamber fortdelicious foodpeacocks
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Of all the hotels around the world I have visited and stayed..this one stands out ! Simply the best property in terms of the architecture, services, food, accommodation and something you would not notice anywhere else - this place even notices your body language, gauges your need, intentions and tries to do all they can to make your stay the most memorable ever!

I just loved this place and whenever I can afford I would love to go back :-)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Madan R
ShreeLathaSajeev, Manager at Rambagh Palace, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am very grateful for your note complimenting the services and facilities of our hotel. Positive feedback from our guests is always a strong motivation to all of us to continuously provide a high level of services to our guests.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back at Rambagh Palace in the near future.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights in November 2012 as part of our 'Golden Triangle' tour. From the busy, often chaotic, city streets of Jaipur through the security gates at the entrance to the hotel driveway we entered an oasis of calm with rolling lawns, gardens and peacocks. At the main hotel entrance once security has been cleared we were stopped by staff who showered us with rose petals and took our photograph - a first for us (we thought they'd mistaken us for someone important). Once inside we received further welcomes and bindis applied to our foreheads and garlands around our necks, we were shown around the hotel then to our room (a Palace room) which I think is their least expensive room which was sumptuous and beautifully decorated where the final formalities of check-in were completed. The environs of the hotel are simply stunning with manicured lawns and gardens and a courtyard with a fountain and (by day) someone employed (in a futile attempt) to keep the pigeons away. We saw 2 men on horseback dressed as lancers and a horse-drawn carriage offering complimentary turns around the grounds.

We dined on the first night in the multi cuisine restaurant where the food was good (not exceptional) and the service was impeccable- like every other hotel we stayed at in India the wine was extortionately expensive so we stuck to water. Thereafter we repaired to the Polo bar where the service from the staff there was exceptionally good and they made the best cocktails we had on our trip (see my review of the Oberoi Gurgaon for an example of how not to make a Dry Martini) and even the selection of nibbles presented was a cut above.

Sleep quality in our room was excellent and the next morning we had breakfast in the same restaurant as we had dined in the previous evening. Breakfast was the usual combination of buffet and cooked options and was of a high standard. After our day sightseeing we freshened up and once more visited the Polo bar for aperitifs - we weren't terribly hungry and decided to have a snack meal in the bar which was excellent - we were offered on and off menu choices - I can't remember what we ate (we stayed in 9 establishments in 16 days) but do remember that it was excellent.

We checked out the next morning and were asked (on several occasions) if our stay had been a good one. We were also presented with a small gift and a greeting card containing our photograph taken on arrival and a handwritten farewell message - a very nice touch and a souvenir we will cherish.

At check out I asked if I could buy some Rupees which I couldn't so they arranged for me to be driven in a vintage car to an ATM by the front gates to get my cash then drove me back to reception.

All in all a superb experience, we thought the Raffles Dubai and The Cape Grace in Cape Town would be hard to beat but Rambagh Palace managed it. Our one and only gripe (common to everywhere we stayed in India) is that, in this day and age, top hotels should not be charging for WiFi internet access in the rooms - they don't do it in Bhutan.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank julesandsand
ShreeLathaSajeev, Manager at Rambagh Palace, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Thank you for your very kind and thoughtful feedback.

Comments such as these always encourage us in enhancing our efforts to provide the best in hospitality and service.

It was indeed a pleasure having you at the Rambagh Palace and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

From the royal welcome to its great lawns and unbelievable rooms... What more can be said about the Rambagh that has not been said previously. We were with a group of friends and enjoyed every bit of our stay, The royal breakfast, the sprawling palace, huge ceilings, I would rate Rambagh as one of the finest palace hotels in the world ! Yes some reviewers have mentioned that the hotel is expensive but I guess that is so relatively speaking ! If the hotel was located in say Paris or London it would probably be much more so we really did not mind the extra bit spent. The room service was a bit slow but that was hardly an issue probably considering how much of a walk it would be from the kitchen to the room :). Loved ity, highly Recommend it

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

The Rambagh Palace is the best hotels that I have ever stayed at, I know its hard to believe, but yes even a higher rating than the Raffles in Singapore and Raffles is a still lovely hotel. As soon as you arrive through the gates, the place is so peaceful, , peacocks stroll the grounds, you wouldn’t believe that you were in the middle of Jaipur. We had a lovely suite and the turn down service every night a bath was run scattered with rose petals. All meals were top standard and the tour is worth doing. Staff are welcoming and friendly and I would highly recommend this hotel if you are staying in Jaipur

Room Tip: All roomes are good, we stayed in a heritage suite and our frioend in a luxury suite next to us. Both rooms were beautiful
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I was born in Jaipur,and it has always been a lifetime dream to one day get married there. My dream was realized beyond all expectations on 3 December 2011 when I married my soul mate. We had guests from all over the world come for the wedding and each and every one of them was in absolute awe of the palace. Mr. Lokesh Sharma was a great support to make this dream a reality and without him,we would have not had the day we dreamed of. He upgraded us to a suite and I will never forget that experience for as long as I live. Thank you. I'm proud to be Jaipurian.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
ShreeLathaSajeev, Manager at Rambagh Palace, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear Madam,