What more can be said about the Rambagh that has not been said previously? As soon as you turn into their driveway, you enter another world of peacefulness and tranquility.
It starts with a drive from security in a vintage open-top Ford, through manicured gardens and past the old Steam Train, which is now a western-style restaurant, and on to the new formal entry, where you are met with a hot towel and a cooling drink.
The reception lobby is beautifully decorated, all marble and warm timber, and with bowls of floating flowers in the centre. Reception is un-obtrusive at one end, and a lounge area at the other. Most rooms are built around the quadrangle, which contains manicured gardens, fountains and flowing water. Very serene.
Our room was large, with a 4-poster bed, ample sitting room, a dressing room, a mirrored bathroom which reflected forever, and a separate shower room. Very comfortable and quiet.
Dining options were very good. Their formal Indian fine dining room is beautifully decorated with frescoes painted by Italian internees from WW11, chandeliers, superb crockery and many paintings and antiques. This was originally the banquet hall for entertaining. The international dining room offered both indian and western foods, and external terrace dining, in what used to be the dancing and entertaining room. Again, this was beautifully decorated with carved marble panels and some wonderful paintings and portraits. On the terrace, in the evening, traditional dance performances are played, with a backdrop of the original formal entrance (with a gentle ramp for the elephants to arrive), and highlight lighting over the building and grounds, providing a wonderful atmosphere.
This is a highly recommended destination, and a hotel that should be on everyone's wish list. You are made to feel as if you are the guest of the Maharaja by staff who know and understand hospitality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- About Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces: Established in 1901, Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces is one of Asia's largest and finest group of hotels, comprising over 119 hotels in 61 locations across India with an additional 17 international hotels in the Maldives, Malaysia, UK, USA, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Africa and the Middle East. From world-renowned landmarks to modern business hotels, idyllic beach resorts to authentic Grand Palaces, each Taj hotel offers an unrivalled fusion of warm Indian hospitality, world-class service and modern luxury. For over a century, The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai, the iconic flagship has set a benchmark for fine living with exquisite refinement, inventiveness and warmth. Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces is part of the Tata Group, India's premier business house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Indian Hotels Company Limited, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia and Jetsetter so you can book your Rambagh Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Rambagh Palace Jaipur
- Taj Rambagh Palace Hotel Jaipur
- Rambagh Palace Hotel Jaipur
- Rambagh Hotel Jaipur
- Rambagh Palace Jaipur