This is not a normal hotel stay it is more of an unforgettable experience and we loved every minute of our stay.
We had to several round with ourselves to decide wether we we going to stay here or not as this is the most expensive hotel we have stayed atl. We decided to take the splurge and were so happy we did.
We stayed on the monsoon package and were picked up from another hotel in a lovely car and taken to Rambagh there was a slight problem as for some strange reason the driver had our names wrong but we found him.
We stayed in the historical suite which is beautiful. The housekeeping is excellent. what i really liked about this hotel is that they dont disturb you by knocking on the door when you are inside but wait until you leave the room or call on phone and ask when they can come.
Everything here is of very high class and thought of in every detail.As we were here on holiday we particularly liked that we colud have beakfast until 12. which is very convenient if you like to sleep long on your holiday.
We went to the swimming pool and got a complimentary homemade ginger ale which was absolutely delicious the staff brough us towels, slippers and bathrobes. The service is beyond excellent.
We ate at verandah, suvarna mahal and rajput room. they were all excellent and we really loved the food. The chef even came to talk to us!
Too small things that need improvement was the travel desk, it was impossible to get hold of them. We wanted to enquire about transfer price to dera amer elephant ride. the reception called us saying there is no elephant ride at dera amer. we informed them the information is wrong that we already had a booking aand just needed the transfer. the reception than insisted to see our booking to check this. I decided to call a call taxi instead of dealing with all this and took the taxi to der amer and had a nice ride.
When coming in a hotel car compared to a normal taxi the gate staff is different. They should find a way to be more welcoming than "Sorry have to ask what are you doing here".
You dont feel very welcomed. It is better to do like Shiv niwas Udaipur were guest get a pass that they show to the guards, or like Taj Delhi and Imperial delhi, where they say "welcome to our hotel, please let us know the purpose of your visit"
All in all we loved our stay and will always rembember it as a lovely experience
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- About Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces: Established in 1901, Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces is one of Asia's largest and finest group of hotels, comprising over 119 hotels in 61 locations across India with an additional 17 international hotels in the Maldives, Malaysia, UK, USA, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Africa and the Middle East. From world-renowned landmarks to modern business hotels, idyllic beach resorts to authentic Grand Palaces, each Taj hotel offers an unrivalled fusion of warm Indian hospitality, world-class service and modern luxury. For over a century, The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai, the iconic flagship has set a benchmark for fine living with exquisite refinement, inventiveness and warmth. Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces is part of the Tata Group, India's premier business house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, DerbySoftTaj, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rambagh Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Rambagh Palace Jaipur
- Taj Rambagh Palace Hotel Jaipur
- Rambagh Palace Jaipur
- Rambagh Palace Hotel Jaipur
- Rambagh Hotel Jaipur