“Tradition vs Hospitality”

Ranked #18 of 386 Hotels in Jaipur
London, United Kingdom
“Tradition vs Hospitality”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I personally have always been a huge fan of ITC WelcomGroup as a brand for its exceptional service and products. As a business traveler my needs have been very limited and specific due to limitations of time, which every member of ITC has taken care of with ample care.

On my recent visit to the pink city (leisure trip) with my family, I chose to stay at ITC Rajputana. This definitely was the first experience with ITC as a leisure traveler. Very few places and people can serve tradition in its true essence with a modern touch. The traditional interior of the room matched the perfect view of the pool to give it a warm and fresh feeling at the same time. Every place has it's own hitches but everything was gracefully handled.

Rajputana exuberantly performed the task and gave a new meaning to tradition at every encounter I had within the hotel. I will be back soon!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
ITCRAJPUTANA, Manager at ITC Rajputana, Jaipur, responded to this review, October 11, 2013

Greetings from ITC Rajputana, A Luxury Collection Hotel !

We thank you for patronizing ITC Rajputana. It is a pleasure to know that our team’s effort made your stay special and exceeded your expectations . I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your appreciation which will certainly motivate us to create more such 'WOWS".

I have shared your feedback with my team and they were extremely delighted to hear from you and express their gratitude .

We do hope that you return to the ITC Rajputana soon and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Sunil Gupta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (674)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
mumbai
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Jaipur was the third and last city of our Agra, Delhi and Jaipur tour undertaken in end April / early may 2013. We stayed in ITC Mughal at Agra and frankly ITC Rajputana, Jaipur did not live up to the standards, which I expected after our great experience at the ITC Agra.

ITC Rajputana has a wonderful lobby, the check in was undertaken quite smoothly - and the service associates were warm, helpful, and attentive. We had rqsted for two interconnected rooms and this was duly arranged. However, the following issues need urgent attention -

1. The premises are NOT well maintained. the front left hand side of the entrance of the hotel gives a very unkempt and shabby appearance. There are pigeon droppings galore in the courtyard of the shopping arcade. the building seems to be crying out for a fresh brush of paint so as to improve its general appearance.
2. The AC in the common areas is very effective but the same cannot be said for the rooms. i needed to call for the AC technician for my room AC - he cleaned up the filters, but the cooling in both of the rooms was still not satisfactory.
3. While the room size is fine, the rooms seem to lack the "five star" feel. The cleaniness levels need to be seriously addressed - especially in the bathrooms. I have never before seen chipped soap dishes or bathroom drawers with scraped paint in a five star hotel. We had to ask for a change of the teacups in both of the rooms as they had stains. The bed linen and pillows were very clean - however, the bath towels give a very dated and rough feel and not worthy of a five star of ITC.
4.There is strange odour which prevails in the rooms, almost as if the previous guests had been smoking and it has since been absorbed in the room carpets and furnishings. this smell is very noticeable when one enters the room after a stroll. a similar smell also permeates in corridor carpets.
5. The kids playing corner, the TT table and the croquet mallet need to be upgraded.
6. The buffet breakfast at ITC MUGHAL, Agra was outstanding....suggest, the chef at ITC Rajputana takes classes for the cooks of ITC Agra to improve the buffet taste and quality. However, i must add that the food in the in-room dining and the other restaurants at ITC Rajputana was of a very high quality.

This review to sent to ITC customer cell - and i did get a call from them on the issues raised by me - it is nice to see that they genuinely care for feedback of customers.

Room Tip: chose the rooms close to the reception, or be prepared for a long long walk !
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank skkaps
ITCRAJPUTANA, Manager at ITC Rajputana, Jaipur, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.

We are extremely apologetic and deeply concerned with the experience you had during your visit to the Hotel. I have since addressed the issue with the department heads and initiated remedial action. I assure you that your feedback shall be dealt in all seriousness it deserves.

We would greatly appreciate if you could give us an opportunity to correct your perception and visit us soon.

Assuring your of our best attention at all times,

Sincerely Yours,
Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I had visited the property with my family for a meal at Peshawari recently and also interacted with the staff for room booking fro my next trip to Jaipur . Having seen other Five Star Hotels in country and abroad I can only say "This Simply Stands Out" and is definitely one of the finest property to stay in terms of Wonderful Environment, Warm Hospitality and Extremely caring Management & staff. My special Compliments to all people in making my experience really really wonderful...Thank You All........

Room Tip: If you are looking for Homely stay away from Home then ITC Rajputana is the Destination..just few...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Chennai
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Nice hotel with good restaurants, the Peshawri is always a good choice when staying in ITC hotels. Large pool area to relax after a day exploring Jaipur. The check in was a bit caotic mainly due to small counters and the staff was trying to talk to everybody instead of finalize one by one.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
ITCRAJPUTANA, Manager at ITC Rajputana, Jaipur, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

We truly appreciate your feedback and for sharing your experience during your stay at the ITC Rajputana, A Luxury Collection Hotel..

While we are extremely grateful for appreciating the overall services of the hotel, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience reported during your checkin. I am deeply concerned and assure you that we have taken corrective action to prevent such recurrence in future.

We do hope you will have an opportunity to visit Jaipur soon and stay with us . It will be our endeavor to ensure you have a flawless Luxury Experience.

Assuring you of our best attention at all times.

Warm regards,
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I stayed here for business with a couple of colleagues, for 7 weeks during April and May 2013. I had very little issue with anything during the stay and have nothing but praise for all the staff.

The location is handy to the old city and the main bus and train stations. There is a lot of roadworks nearby at the moment, which can cause some havoc with traffic around the property, but I am sure this will clear up in time.

The hotel itself is quite old, but is gradually being renovated. It has beautiful gardens and large pool area, with the gardens being frequented by the odd peacock! I stayed in an Executive room and it was really very nice. Yes it has woodgrain and bright, typically British Indian styling, but is modern at the same time. If I had any negative about the room, it was not being able to get the air conditioning low enough for comfortable sleep for much of my stay. (I was there at the height of the heat in summer) However I should have made mention of it, as the others I was with had no problems in their rooms and then all of a sudden during the stay, it seemed to kick in and all was good after this. The rooms are a great size, as is the bathroom.

The foyer and indoor bar area have all recently been renovated and give a really opulent feel and appearance. The two restaurants I believe are next on the list for renovation and I really can't wait to see their transformation as they are very tired in their current state.

The only negative I suppose I had about the overall stay, was perhaps the food selections in the main restaurant. As I was there on business, I really wanted to stick to as plain food as I could as I could not afford to get any tummy bugs. The Western selections, were not as plentiful as the Indian and Asian selections. I was able to make do, but for such a long stay, it made variety difficult. However with the renovations in this area, I hope there is an increase in selections available.

I have nothing but praise for all the staff. Everyone was helpful and friendly from the moment you enter the gates. Special thanks to Aman, Divendra, Manish, Kuldeep and Deepanker, just to name a few who made our stay so pleasant.

It would be my pleasure to stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ITCRAJPUTANA, Manager at ITC Rajputana, Jaipur, responded to this review, September 30, 2013

Greetings from ITC Rajputana, A Luxury Collection Hotel !

We thank you for staying at the ITC Rajputana and wish to express our gratitude for having chosen to stay with us..

We are delighted to know that you had an enjoyable stay and carry warm memories of the Hotel. It is comments such as yours that encourage us in enhancing our efforts to provide the best in hospitality and offer even higher levels of excellence..

We are also reviewing your feedback on the food selection at the Jal Mahal and I am sure you will have even more options on your next visit.

Thank you once again and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Yours sincerely,

New Delhi, India
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I have stayed here a couple of times , when you walk into the hotel , the outer facade and the grand lobby gives a royal feeling , however it seems only the lobby has been renovated , and nothing has been done to the rooms. The rooms are old and rustic looking , nothing fancy and the interiors are pretty boring. Service is good , however the checkout on both my visits was was very slow. Also my membership points were credited wrongly on both my visits which added to my disappointment.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Greetings from ITC Rajputana, A Luxury Collection Hotel !

While it is our endeavor to deliver with an enriching experience and ensure you enjoy every moment of your stay in the hotel, I am deeply concerned to know that you did not experience a smooth checkout .

Please accept my apologies and wish to assure you that I have personally addressed the issue to prevent such recurrences in future. I am sure you will notice perceptible difference on your next visit.

With regard to your membership points, as desired by you we are now crediting your points to Club ITC Membership and I am sure you will be able to avail the same on your next visit to Jaipur

We are indeed privileged to have you as our regular Starwood Preferred Guest and ITC Club Member and assure you the best of our hospitality.

Assuring your of our best attention at all times.

With warm regard,

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed September 27, 2013

It is a good 5-Star hotel in Jaipur. Food is Good. Ambience is Perfect. inhouse Staff are not that Coordial. Rooms are small compared to other 5 star hotel. Good to stay for a day or 2. Location is good only.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business