ITC Rajputana, Jaipur
Ranked #14 of 393 Hotels in Jaipur
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Dont get me wrong. The hotel is nice however if you are looking for a Palace experience in Jaipur this does not deliver it. The rooms are nice and functional and they try capture the new and the old. However it does not work for me. I know ITC are famous for their Peshawari restaurant and I did not eat at this one - however I have eaten at the ITC hotel near Mumbai airport and the food there is excellent. Where I did eat in this hotel was the main restaurant where they serve the buffet and I found the choice to be very limited and the food not up to standard. The service is good in general however the standard in India is very high and if you compare this to Leela or Taj it misses the mark. I think in Jaipur if you really want the real Palace and a unique experience I would recommend you stay at the Rambagh Palace Hotel. It is very pricey during peak season however you can pick up some good rates in the off season. Admittedly I have not had the opportunity to stay there however I have eaten at the restaurant and strolled around the grounds. The experience is unique and I look forward to the opportunity to stay there. Back to the ITC - I think it is a good hotel however if you stay here dont go to the Rambagh Palace Hotel as you will really feel disappointed with your choice.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
SHERATONRAJPUTANA, Manager at ITC Rajputana, Jaipur, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay at the ITC RAJPUTANA.

We have made a note of your observations and shall certainly review the same and take corrective action. We hope to have another opportunity soon to welcome you back for a more pleasant stay.

Warm Regards,
Sunil Gupta

Write a ReviewReviews (3,827)

Reviewed February 12, 2012

Have stayed here many many times and dined too. The food at this hotel is amazing and so is the service. Front Office Manager Gaurav Basnet is very helpful and always ready to help.

Do try the Peshawari restaurant. The food is fab but I feel they could change the music to Indian classical rather than Indian vocal which may not be to everyone's appeal.

The rooms are good- some more rooms are being refurbished I am told.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
SHERATONRAJPUTANA, Manager at ITC Rajputana, Jaipur, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2012

Thank you for your recent review on your stay with us. We truly appreciate your feedback and specially for appreciating the food.

I have shared your comments with my Team and with Mr Gaurav Basnet separately, they were extremely delighted to hear from you.

I have also taken a note of your observations regarding the Indian classical vocal music and assure you that we shall take necessary action.

Thanking you,

Reviewed February 7, 2012

Only spent 1 night but was very happy with the hotel. spacious and clean rooms. The food was excellent. Breakfast was included and was excellent.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dee P
SHERATONRAJPUTANA, Manager at ITC Rajputana, Jaipur, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2012

We truly appreciate and thank you for your time and effort to share your experience with us, especially for appreciating the room and cleanliness . I am delighted to know that our team’s effort made your stay comfortable. We do hope you will recommend us to your friends and associates.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Sincerely.

Reviewed February 7, 2012

Top quality hotel, very clean, excellent staff, good facilities. The Pashawri (not sure of spelling) restaurant was fantastic and the buffet was also very good. Staff in all restaurants and throughout the hotel were helpful and friendly. The Spa was also very good. The new Jaipur metro is being built nearby so there is some disruption to traffic, but as with anywhere in India traffic is chaotic.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
SHERATONRAJPUTANA, Manager at ITC Rajputana, Jaipur, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2012

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to share your feedback on your recent stay at the ITC Rajputana. I am pleased to note that our services and facilities were to your satisfaction. Your positive feedback about the hotel is deeply appreciated and has been communicated to the members of our team.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Sincerely.

Reviewed February 6, 2012

The hotel is beautiful and the rooms are great in terms of space and cleaniness. The people are so nice, friendly and serious. The hotel is located in town but no problem, because you do not hear the noise from inside. The only thing bizzarre was the Wifi access which was not free...unacceptable for such high quality hotel !

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

We are grateful for the overall positive comments you have made regarding our hotel and its services and assure you that we will make every effort to ensure that we continue to live up to your expectation.

We have also made a note of your observations on areas which need improvement. I would like to assure you that corrective action has been taken to prevent such recurrences in future and I am sure you will notice a perceptible difference during your next visit.

We do value your patronage and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next visit to Jaipur.

Reviewed February 5, 2012

This was the second ITC hotel that we booked during our Golden Triangle tour.

We had been expecting 5 star luxury as prominently advertised but were disappointed with the business orientated ITC Maurya in Delhi.

Here in Jaipur, the luxury accommodation was..well..not! We were booked into the standard room - executive club. This they say is a "unique concept in accommodation". This is indeed a unique concept of providing 3 star accommodation in a 5 star hotel!!!

Neither our room, or my wife's parents had been properly cleaned and to say they were generally shabby is being kind. Old fixtures and fittings, TV from the 1990's and a general feeling of lack of luxury.

We were given a connecting room (with my wife's parents) which were located in the corridor to right of the main entrance. This appeared to be the main thoroughfare for at least half of the hotel. There was no soundproofing in the room. Both my wife and I could hear her parents chatting and they could us. Anything other than chatting was clearly out of the question! The noise from the corridor was seemingly never-ending. Constant traffic of guests, some chatting quietly, others more loudly ensured we couldn't get to sleep until after 2am.

A complaint to staff that night was offered with a room change. But at gone midnight after a long drive and moving to a similar shabby room wasn't really an option. First thing in the morning we spoke to the same member of staff who booked us in and aired our grievances.

She dealt with the complaint courteously and offered us both effectively an upgrade. I think the room was the Rajputana Chamber. The bedroom was of the same size as the previous executive club but was of the standard you would expect in a 5 star luxury hotel. Clean, well-appointed, with fixtures and fittings that felt new. The bathroom was a little bigger and very nice with walk-in shower. This was what we had expected originally.

The rest of the hotel was quite nice. The communal areas were generally well-kept but some were in need of sprucing up a bit. A nice touch was to have a sitar player playing in the lobby in the afternoon. Breakfast was very good with excellent dosa.

Our 5 star tour in India has taught us that in many 5 star hotels, you only receive 5 star accommodation if you upgrade from the standard room. I have scored the hotel in accordance with the room we booked - executive club.

Room Tip: If you can afford to upgrade then you will get 5 star accommodation. If not, insist on your executiv...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank PsychoWarthog
SHERATONRAJPUTANA, Manager at ITC Rajputana, Jaipur, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2012

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience reported and assure you that immediate action is being taken to rectify the same. It is comments such as yours that help us to achieve higher levels of perfection and I am sure you will notice a perceptible difference during your next visit to our hotel.

Reviewed February 3, 2012

Amazing food , i was stayed one day, i was enjoyed the food particularly the multicusine Dinner buffet at Jalmhal .In breakfast wow there is no words to explain Huge variety of foodstuff like south-Indian, rajasthani, western live station etc.......

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
SHERATONRAJPUTANA, Manager at ITC Rajputana, Jaipur, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2012

Thank you for taking out your valuable time and for sharing your experience during your recent stay at the ITC Rajputana.

We thank you for appreciating the Hotel and its services, especially the food. It gives us great pride and encourages us to offer even higher levels of excellence.

We do hope you will recommend us to your friends and associates and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Regards,