“A must-do for curry lovers!”

Jaipur Cooking Classes
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Hi , This Chef Lokesh Mathur , Chef by Profession Currently running Indian Cooking Classes for the past 6 years in JAIPUR. I offer an INDIAN COOKING LESSON to the Foreigners . I offer the vast range of INDIAN BAR - B - QUE , INDIAN CURRY FROM ALL REGION , BREADS, BIRYANI , INDIAN DESSERT FOR FOREIGN CLIENTS. FOR INDIAN CLIENTS I OFFER ALL OTHER CUISINES ( MEXICAN , CHINESE , CONTINENTAL , LEBANESE ETC. TIMING : MORNING COOKING SESSION STARTS FROM 11 AM - 2 PM ( FOLLOWED BY LUNCH) EVENING COOKING SESSION : 5 PM - 8 PM ( FOLLOWED BY DINNER) WE USE BOTTLED WATER FOR COOKING AND DRINKING.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed January 6, 2013

It was very fortunate that we found Chef Lokesh's website whilst looking for cooking classes in Jaipur. Arrangements were easily made and he was generous enough to fit us in his very busy schedule. The dishes we made were divine! His instructions were simple and easy to follow and the best part is the group dinner we had afterwards. We get to try other dishes made by the other couple as well, chat a bit and enjoy the wonderful dishes. The warm and friendly atmosphere of Chef Lokesh's home made our stay in Jaipur one of the best experience in India.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

My wife and I just returned from a cooking class with Lokesh. We had a great time! Not only was the class informative and fun, it was a completely unique experience. Lokesh completely welcomed us into his family's home for the afternoon. If you're looking for an off-the-tourist-beaten path activity, I highly recommend cooking with Lokesh. Great conversation, delicious food and a good time are assured. We only wish we could have spent more time talking after our meal. He also runs a bed and breakfast at his home. Based on his evident passion for cooking and hosting, I'm sure it's great too.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

We spent a lovely afternoon/ evening with Lokesh and his family last week. Lokesh came to pick us up from our hotel and dropped us back which is a great service. There was just the two of us in the class and we had a vegetarian and non-vegetarian menu which included about 10 dishes! Lokesh was great at answering our questions and adapted the menus so we learnt how to cook some of the food we had already tried and liked. he also showed us how to make chai tea from scratch and he cooked an additional dessert so we could try It. We didn't do any of the cooking ourselves but Lokesh spend a good few hours running through all the courses and he makes everything from scratch. Once he was finished we had a feast of food to try which was all delicious! And it was a very enjoyable evening talking with him and his family. We can't recommend this highly enough! Can't wait to try all the dishes now we are home!

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I spent the afternoon with Chef Lokesh Mathur learning more about Indian food in five hours than I have in a fairly long lifetime. He is a great teacher and the one on one experience means you get his full attention and can discuss every detail. I learned about a number of ingredients I had never heard of before and am confident I can now cook at least 6 different dishes that my family and friends will enjoy. If you are into cooking or just want to have a better idea of what to order in an Indian restaurant, this is the course for you. Very nice guy and great family. Highly recommended

Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

My and my husband took a cooking class today and it was just brilliant! The chef is very experienced and showed us many things how to create delicious meals. We really liked the "easy" kitchen which enables us to recreate those great recipes in our own home. The chef itself and the whole family treated us very friendly and welcoming. And of course- the meals tasted sooooo good! Thank you very much for this amazing cooking lesson, we will strongly recommend it to fellow travelers:-)