“Lovely little hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Utsav Niwas

Hotel Utsav Niwas
Ranked #62 of 484 Jaipur B&B and Inns
Cupertino, California
“Lovely little hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

so, if you are looking for a reasonable decent little guest house, this is a lovely place.It is not a huge place, but they have made it well, they keep it clean and service of the waiters and staff is excellent. I am born and brought up in Jaipur, but when we stayed here, as our parental home is sold and all, i had a great time.

We even booked this 3 storied guest house, all of it, for my younger brother;s wedding. Yes, there are many homes converted to guest houses, but Kush, the owner, is extremely respectful and accomadating. The food here is also excellent and we were always given a hearty portion for our breakfast, Since my kids are born in US, i feared for their tummies getting upset, but Utsav niwas food was excellent and they never once got loosies. Close to Hypercity mall, and in a less commercialized area, it is next to another guest house, but we for one liked that it is
1. In budget
2. safe
3. clean
4. good food
5. friendly staff
6. Solar gysers and clean bathrooms.

over all, very comfortable and nice, I would highly recommend it to anyone, wanting to experince the feel, of living in a Spacious 3 storied rajasthani haveli/home! Also, the staff at front desk, will help with any requirement for sightseeing etc

So, this is highly recommended 3 star guest house! and i always remember the lovely food, friendly staff and nice owner who lived across! for all their hospitality and making our stays and eventually my brother;s wedding memorable!:)

Room Tip: corner rooms are bigger!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
ROHITSBENIWAL, General Manager at Hotel Utsav Niwas, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for a fantastic review.

It is so special to know that you were impressed with all aspects of your stay. The team did a fabulous job and showcased the best of our hospitality to create wonderful memories for you. I am proud of them and will personally share your comments with them. They will all be thrilled!

We will all celebrate becoming your favourite hotel!!! I truly appreciate you sharing this with us. It means the world to us and is a very big motivation.

Utsav Niwas is your new home in Jaipur and we all cannot wait to have you back! Please plan another visit soon.

Best regards,
Utsav Niwas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

I was the lone guest here during a quiet part of the season and I was waited on hand and foot! The staff are fantastic, the food is excellent and the room was a sanctuary from the madness of Jaipur. I can't recommend this hotel enough. If you are suffering from India fatigue, this is a great place to hang out and recharge. It's far enough from town to be very quiet but close enough to get a rickshaw/taxi anywhere that you need to go.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing us during your recent trip to Jaipur. We are happy to receive your feedback about our services and amenities that were at par with your expectations. Utsav Niwas Jaipur, is a budget hotel located in the city, adjacent to the Rajasthan biggest shopping mall. The team is happy to have served you and is delighted to receive your appreciation for the rooms, basic amenities and warm hospitality.

We are pleased to note that you enjoyed the meals at our hotel.

We thank you for recommending us and look forward to serving you again.

Best Regards
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

I was traveling last minute to Jaipur for work, my usual place that I stay was fully booked...
Ustav Niwas was a very good alternative - clean, attractive and I felt very safe - as I was traveling
alone. The price was extremely reasonable, and breakfast was included...so I was concerned that it might not be at a good standard...but the favorable Trip Advisor reviews were spot on.
My room at the top was light filled, clean and very pretty in a nice simple way. The family that own the hotel were very kind, and helpful. My computer was not working so they offered theirs as much as I liked. The food was excellent.It was quiet at the hotel, and little ways from the center of town...but that made it better for sleeping. I could get a taxi or a tuk tuk very easily at the hotel.
I would absolutely stay there again when I return to Jaipur next year.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ROHITSBENIWAL, General Manager at Hotel Utsav Niwas, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your stay with us and taking out time to write such a wonderful and encouraging note.

The honoring comments in regards to your experience with us about comfortable rooms, the staff service Thank you for noticing and appreciating. It is indeed praise from guests such as you that makes our jobs so much more worthwhile

I am glad that we lived up to our high standards of hospitality and took good care of you. It is a big motivation for us and encourages us to improvise constantly.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to UTSAV NIWAS

Yours sincerely,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stayed in this hotel by 8-9th Feb 2013. The hotel was recommended by a local friend in Jaipur. I stayed there with my family and a friend from the US. We are really satisfied with the hospitality, service, comfort and sincerity of the hotel. The staffs are very gentle, sober and helpful.

The friend from the US, really enjoyed as he could get a feel of staying in an ethnic Indian (Rajasthani) 'Kothi'. He was delighted with the oriental ambiance yet modern facilities.

We will surely like to stay in this hotel again, when we visit Jaipur. I highly recommend this hotel to both Indian and foreign tourists.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good..however avoid road side rooms.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sir,

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to share your feedback on your recent stay at Utsav Niwas

I am pleased to note that our services and facilities were up to your satisfaction. Your positive feedback about the hotel is deeply appreciated and have been communicated to all the members of our team.

I thank you for your valuable comments and look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits and assure you of the best in service and hospitality.

Kindest regards
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

I had stayed at this wonderful place just for a night on 6th feb 2013 and left with touching memories.Apart from hotel being clean, courteous staff and well managed there was an incident which will make me never forget this place. While returning on 7th feb early morning and in a hurry to catch my flight i had forgotton some of the gifts which i had purchased as an souvnier for my family in the hotel. I was pleasently surprised by Mr. Kush Singh and his car driver, who dropped me to the airport, by their sincre efforts to recover the same. The moment i landed at the mumbai airport i recieved a call from Mr.Kush Singh that my gifts has been recovered by them and the same will be couriered to me on the same day. I recieved my gifts next day at my residence. So this is not a hotel but a place where you will be treated like a family member. i recommend you to experience this place at least once and see the difference..As far i am concerned i hv found a second home at jaipur.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

This boutique haveli (inn) is beautiful. The rooms are large and the ensuite bathrooms are also big. Staying here at this time of year (February) is a little cold but the staff are helpful and will get you more blankets. The food here is expensive so go elsewhere for your dinner. Wifi can only be accessed in the dining area, not in your room as advertised. Hot water cuts out from 5-10 minutes in the shower. There are beautiful courtyards and a front yard with rattan furniture. The staff, apart from the manager, does not speak English. But guests somehow manage to communicate.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

The is not a hotel but is a glimpse of the rich culture of Rajasthan. It provides you a unique fusion of Modern and vintage amnities. The manager Ankit is a gem of a person, was very helping. Although it was a one night trip but i and my friends were able to experience the Royal heritage. The ambience of the Hotel is simply fantastic. Staff is very helping. They made the food themselves even after the main cheff was off for us when we reached late night. I will recommend this hotel to everyone a family, frens gathering and also for couples. Happy Tripping

Room Tip: The First floor hallway is a perfect place to sit with your spouse or Girl Friend, its very romantic...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
ROHITSBENIWAL, General Manager at Hotel Utsav Niwas, responded to this review, February 9, 2013

For supporting and appreciating our efforts.Your kind words are definitely an inspiration for us as a team at Utsav Niwas to serve our guests better and make their stay memorable.We are continuously working hard for the stay of guest so that he/she should get a feel of " HOME AWAY FROM HOME".We will be glad to see you again whenever you are in Jaipur next time.

With Regards