“Warm hospitality and all the comforts of home”

Bhola Bhawan Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #11 of 502 Jaipur B&B and Inns
Ottawa, Canada
“Warm hospitality and all the comforts of home”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My adult daughter and I had a wonderful one-night stay at Bhola Bhawan. It is located in a peaceful residential area of town, close to shopping and sights but tucked away. Our room was spacious, very clean and with every convenience (great bed, good wi-fi connection), and with a huge attached bathroom with a super shower. Sheetal could not have been more welcoming and gracious. We felt right at home and quite priviledged to be welcomed into a family home in Jaipur. The family has an outstanding Nepalese cook and we shared a really delicious dinner with the family, including chapatis that were as light as air. Breakfast was equally good, with lots of variety and everything of the highest quality. We were sad to leave beautiful Jaipur so soon - by the time we left we considered Sheetal a friend. We both hope we'll be able to visit Jaipur again and have a longer stay at Bhola Bhawan. It really was one the best places we stayed in India and probably the best value for the price; singles, couples and families would all enjoy it. Thanks Sheetal for making us so welcome! Vivien and Sara

Room Tip: Be in touch with Sheetal before you arrive if you have particular needs.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Vivien E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed March 19, 2013

After travelling a month in India, Bhola Bhawan Bed and Breakfast offered some peace and tranquility. The small family is very welcoming and hospitable, yet give you your own space if you need it. Sheetal was very helpful, answering all the questions and giving some good tips. The breakfast was fresh and versatile, with western and indian choices and fruits. Fresh coffee was delivered in our room by the lovely cook. Linen were pure white and clean and the hot shower was heavenly. There was a nice balcony as well. Wi-fi connection was working well. Thank you Sheetal and family, hope to come back one day! Kirsi&Petri

Room Tip: We were staying at a premium room, which had a big double bed, balcony, spacious bathroom with steam...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Petri B
Bhola B, Owner at Bhola Bhawan Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Petri it was a wonderful experience meeting u folks.Many Thanks for your generous review ,we at Bhola Bhawan Bed and Breakfast attempt to offer the best of our traditions and culture.
You were truly a great person to meet,so humble and flexible more than happy to have wonderful guests like you who truly became part of our family and enjoyed our home made meals to no limits.Guests like you give me great push in life to serve my guests to the best & provide them with the best of services.!
Thanks again for opting to stay with us and hope to see you very soon again.
santa fe
Reviewed March 13, 2013

From the moment I got to this wonderful B and B I connected deeply with Sheetal, her warmth and hospitality made me feel like I was an old friend...

The sheer delight from the experience of staying here twice and the bond I developed with this lovely family will stay with me forever. Everything about my stay was beyond what you can ever expect - the warmth and hospitality I got. The delicious and most wonderful breakfasts , They kept me full all day! The unusually high level of cleanliness and hygiene that they consistently maintained, the quality and reliability of services that were provided, the exceptional level of comfort, peace and safety that I experienced, and the lovely feeling of being a part of a well knit family. And not to forget, the lovely property that is Bhola Bhawan!

I recommend this place to everyone, and all I'd say is that while you stay here, it becomes your home in the true sense of the word, and that you're treated not just as a valued guest, but as a precious family member.

I cannot wait to come and stay with with you all again!!!!
Thank-you so much for everything Sheetal, Shailendra and sweet Nick!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank varenya
Bhola B, Owner at Bhola Bhawan Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Jodie it was a pleasure to hve u come stay with us..Many Thanks for your review ,we at Bhola Bhawan Bed and Breakfast attempt to offer the best of our traditions and culture.
You were truly a great person to meet,and yes developed a great bond,I was more than happy to have wonderful guest like you who truly became part of our family and enjoyed our home made meals to no limits.Guests like you give me great push in life to serve my guests to the best & provide them with the best of services.
Thanks again for opting to stay with us and hope to see you very soon again in April !!
Vernon
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I found the Bhola Bhawan online, and it fit my needs perfectly as I was attending the Jaipur Litfest mere minutes away. That in itself would make me love the place! But Sheetal's genuine warmth and hospitality made me feel like I was already a friend and not just a paying guest. Between the sociability of Sheetal and her husband, and the other guests staying there (amazing coincidence - we all had Canadian connections!), it was one of my most pleasant stays anywhere in India. I will definitely be back and would recommend it highly to anyone wanting a personal touch.

The kitchen is well-equipped, the lounge is very comfortable and has a big T.V. and great wifi. My room (off the lounge, quieter than the ones off the kitchen) was immaculate. There were no bedside lamps (I'm a nighttime reader) but that's being remedied. I loved the balcony, which gets the morning sun and gives pleasant views of a lovely and quiet upscale urban neighbourhood. And the breakfasts! Gopal and his helpers made excellent meals every morning, and went all out to accomodate preferences. I always lingered for one more coffee and more good conversation.

Sheetal knows Jaipur well and is happy to help with any requirements you may have, including shopping tips! And she and her husband are happy to share knowledge about India past and present for those of us wanting to know more about this amazing country.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Yevonne it was a pleasure to hve u come stay with us..Many Thanks for your review ,we at Bhola Bhawan Bed and Breakfast attempt to offer the best of our traditions and culture.
You were truly a great person to meet,and yes developed a great bond,I was more than happy to have wonderful guests like you who truly became part of our family and enjoyed our home made meals to no limits.Guests like you give me great push in life to serve my guests to the best & provide them with the best of services.
Thanks again for opting to stay with us and hope to see you very soon again .
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This was probably the best place we stayed in India and Sheetal’s hospitality was the number one reason. A completely self-contained half-floor within the family home has been given over to the guesthouse. The front door from the stairwell opens into a very comfortable lounge area with TV, stereo, couches, etc all for exclusive use by the guests. There is also a large kitchen/dining area from which the three bedrooms lead off. There is a small balcony next to but not part of one of the bedrooms. The immediate attraction to the guesthouse was the kitchen as we keen to cook for ourselves a bit and this is where Sheetal’s hospitality became evident as she drove us to the local shops to get groceries. I think she was a little excited too as we were the first people to actually make use of the kitchen to cook. The room we stayed in was large as was the bathroom and both were very modern and clean. The shower was awesome! We had breakfast each morning with Sheetal and her husband and little boy. The meals were cooked by the family chef and they were fantastic, a nice mix of familiar (coffee, cereal, etc.) and traditional Indian dishes. Sheetal was quite happy to give us space when we needed it but was also more than happy to join us for drinks on the balcony and engage in lengthy conversation… it was more like staying with a friend than at a hotel. She also helped us find a few interesting places to visit off the tourist trail. Her hospitality reached its peak when they arranged for a box of stuff to be sent back to Australia for us after we had left. I would (and already have) recommend Bhola Bhawan to anyone visiting Jaipur.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Paul it was a pleasure to hve u,& Tara come stay with us..Many Thanks for your review ,we at Bhola Bhawan Bed and Breakfast attempt to offer the best of our traditions and culture.
Thanks again for opting to stay with us and hope to see you very soon again in Australia.
melbourne
Reviewed January 26, 2013

My cousin and I stayed here for 3 nights in January and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Our room was great, quiet and clean and there was heaps of hot water and we were able to get extra blankets without fuss. There is a kitchen area with tea/coffee and filtered water available as well as a Tv room and outdoor sitting area. We ate breakfast with Sheetal, her husband and son and we were made to feel extremely welcome. This also provided the opportunity to chat with other guests about their travels. Breakfast was awesome!!! Over 3 days we had 3 different breakfasts cooked for us and they were all wonderful. As well there was fruit and cereal available, not that we could fit it in! The homestay is walking distance to a couple of restaurants as well. Sheetal has worked hard to ensure guests are well looked after. Thanks Sheetal for a great time. Kerry and Robyn.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Bhola B, Owner at Bhola Bhawan Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Kerry it was a wonderful experience meeting u and Robyn.Many Thanks for your generous review ,we at Bhola Bhawan Bed and Breakfast attempt to offer the best of our traditions and culture.
Thanks again for opting to stay with us and hope to see you very soon again.
London
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed with at Bhola Bhawan recently for 5 nights when I visited Jaipur with my mum for the first time. Having already communicated with Sheetal via email, when we finally met, it was like seeing an old friend. We immediately warmed to Sheetal, her husband, and her lovely son and were made to feel extremely welcome by the whole family. They were both so mindful and caring of my mum and I, that I could never stay anywhere else if I returned to Jaipur. I have stayed in a variety of hotels from b&b's to 5 star luxury hotels, but never a homestay, and this was a hugely positive experience! So aside from the warm welcome, and fabulous home cooked meals by the wonderful Gopal - our room was spotlessly clean, there was always hot water, fresh towels and anything we needed, we only had to ask. Nothing was too much trouble for this wonderful couple, and I can say they are two of the most wonderful hosts you are ever likely to meet. They even checked on us to see if we had arrived at our following destinations after we left Jaipur. We arrived as strangers, we most definitely left having made great friends. I wish Sheetal the best of success with her homestay/b&b business. Businesses like this truly deserve to be recognised and supported, as the efforts so genuine. Sheetal, thanks a million for all you did for us and hope you'll have us back some day!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Shabana it was a wonderful experience meeting u and Aunty.Many Thanks for your generous review ,we at Bhola Bhawan Bed and Breakfast attempt to offer the best of our traditions and culture.
Thanks again for opting to stay with us and hope to see you very soon again.Regards to aunty.